Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

try not to roast the cats over a soggy boot fire on a rusty rebar spit or whatever it is hobos do with the cats that they make disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

a hole-y ghost posted:

try not to roast the cats over a soggy boot fire on a rusty rebar spit or whatever it is hobos do with the cats that they make disappear.

I live indoors, now. It's not safe to have an open flame indoors. Obviously, I will bake the cats.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

I live indoors, now. It's not safe to have an open flame indoors. Obviously, I will bake the cats.
good. Safety first, always.

acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

I think cat soup is the standard way to eat a cat indoors.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

acrobatbob posted:

Obviously he wants to make a naan cat.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

oh god I made a nyan cat joke just loving shoot me now

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

acrobatbob posted:

My Crock Pot is currently full of chicken soup, and I don't have a stock pot large enough to fit a ten-pound animal.

I may dump out the Crock Pot, though. I cooked the chicken soup on low overnight for 8+ hours, then I cranked it up to high in the morning, so I could add some pasta stars. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn it off, and I cooked the soup an additional 12ish hours on high. That broke down everything, and released all the collagen or whatever, and the soup turned to chicken jelly. It turns back to liquid when heated up, but it looks so drat gross in my refrigerator, that it's really unappetizing.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

My Crock Pot is currently full of chicken soup, and I don't have a stock pot large enough to fit a ten-pound animal.

I may dump out the Crock Pot, though. I cooked the chicken soup on low overnight for 8+ hours, then I cranked it up to high in the morning, so I could add some pasta stars. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn it off, and I cooked the soup an additional 12ish hours on high. That broke down everything, and released all the collagen or whatever, and the soup turned to chicken jelly. It turns back to liquid when heated up, but it looks so drat gross in my refrigerator, that it's really unappetizing.
save the jelly, that's good stock

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

freeze it in an ice cube tray or something and pop some in when you're making soup

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
There will be a lot less than 15lbs of meat after you dress the animal. I bet it'd fit.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Do you have a knife or two leather gloves?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I bet a cat would fit in a crock pot anyway

Better go ask the china thread :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Leave your crock pot sitting on the floor, wait for one of your cats to hop in, I bet the cat will get itself all the way in to the pot. Put a lid on it and set it to high. Good game dumb cat.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Sheep-Goats posted:

I bet a cat would fit in a crock pot anyway

Better go ask the china thread :smug:

Oh, yeah. Either cat would fit in the Crock Pot. I don't have a stock pot that will fit a cat. As long as the Crock Pot is full, I can't make cat soup.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Leave your crock pot sitting on the floor, wait for one of your cats to hop in, I bet the cat will get itself all the way in to the pot. Put a lid on it and set it to high. Good game dumb cat.

Eh, Charlie trusts me, anyway. Even Cringer can be caught with nothing more than patience. He just came out for some petting.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Otisburg posted:

whenever one of those 'but my ~fur children~' people goes on about how their cat has cat aids or whatever and they're spending thousands and thousands treating them i'm like 'dude you know you can get a whole new cat for a tiny fraction of that, right?'

pets are basically fungible.

Still reading through the first page of the thread, but gently caress you, idiot

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

lol at spending so much effort at making cat soup, I just buy mine from the local grocers

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I am confused. Everyone seems to know what this thing is about even though the OP offers no clues. These cats are going to some kind of cat competition?

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

how me a frog posted:

I am confused. Everyone seems to know what this thing is about even though the OP offers no clues. These cats are going to some kind of cat competition?

I think the bloody poo poo man is making two different soups, one with each cat and then will rank the cats accordingly

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

PinkoBastard posted:

I think the bloody poo poo man is making two different soups, one with each cat and then will rank the cats accordingly

Yeah? Ok. I guess?!

:psyduck:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

I didn't even know that stuff was in there. The last tenant must have left it behind. It's gross, so of course Cringer went straight for it.

ITT we squat in a condemned slumlord's apartment complex.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What does it cost to fly two cats across the country?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

More than its worth.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I heard that all major airlines have a clause that states animals may or may not arrive alive, and if you have a problem with this do not put them on the plane. Is this true? Is this then pretty much Schroedinger's airmail?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

how me a frog posted:

I heard that all major airlines have a clause that states animals may or may not arrive alive, and if you have a problem with this do not put them on the plane. Is this true? Is this then pretty much Schroedinger's airmail?
All I know is you need a mandoline to get a dog into one of those medium priority mailers.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Aralan posted:

I, too, would like more details regarding the stressful personal matter because i don't care even a little about the cats

Probably the realisation that at least one of them is an idiot who left an internet hobo they'd met only once irl for less than 10min during an awkward cat transfer, alone in their house babysitting their child

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

maxhush posted:

Probably the realisation that at least one of them is an idiot who left an internet hobo they'd met only once irl for less than 10min during an awkward cat transfer, alone in their house babysitting their child

This this this. I brought this up before and got poo poo for it.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

A lot less than I expected it to be. The cargo fee ended up being $350 total for the two of them. It does require a recent vet's health certificate which will be a little bit on top, but that's probably not going to run you much either.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
yeesh 350 + vet cert. yeesh.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Clockwerk posted:

A lot less than I expected it to be. The cargo fee ended up being $350 total for the two of them. It does require a recent vet's health certificate which will be a little bit on top, but that's probably not going to run you much either.

Actually not as bad as I thought, considering the convenience of getting them there quickly.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

maxhush posted:

Tony Homo posted:

This this this. I brought this up before and got poo poo for it.

is this poo poo for real

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Cringer slipped the surly bonds of his carrier to kiss the face of bacteria:

I didn't even know that stuff was in there. The last tenant must have left it behind. It's gross, so of course Cringer went straight for it.

I hear you bro it seems like every day I open a door in the place ive lived in for months and its like whoa surprise garbage pile that's not my fault!! Don't worry its totally normal and a thing you can casually post about

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Parity warning posted:

I hear you bro it seems like every day I open a door in the place ive lived in for months and its like whoa surprise garbage pile that's not my fault!! Don't worry its totally normal and a thing you can casually post about

Thanks, dude. I appreciate the support.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
It's nice to get some closure to this saga. I've followed since day 1, and feel like my 10$ donation got me the pictures of my starving child and his family that I deserved. Keep on keeping on African hobo child goon.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I still don't understand why, when you could go anywhere in these great united states of america, you picked to move to loving Detroit, a place that most people want to leave.
I don't understand the thought process there.

how me a frog posted:

Yes, the competition is "survivng in the Detroit hobo hilton"

the prize is their continued existence.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Probably because he needed a decent job and that's where a decent job was found? A coding job in Detroit is preferable to living in Vegas flipping burgers.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Destro posted:

Probably because he needed a decent job and that's where a decent job was found? A coding job in Detroit is preferable to living in Vegas flipping burgers.

This isn't hard to figure out, but hey this is GBS

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's all cyclical, just wait for a few years and CH will be selling a $25K house for $500K and be laughing all the way to the bank.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OctoberBlues posted:

It's all cyclical, just wait for a few years and CH will be selling a $25K house for $500K and be laughing all the way to the bank.

Running over stray cats all the way.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Destro posted:

That's about the size of it, except even the burger places weren't interested.

Cringer is out and about :

Charlie sensed something going on, and felt the need to join in.

So far, Cringer seems to be the only one of the pair who uses the cat beds. I've seen Cringer in both beds, but I've only caught him on camera in the blue one.

The tongue hanging out all the time is new, I think.

Buddies:

Cringer sat still for one last closeup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Cute cats!

Nice hardwood floors for cheap apartment

• Locked thread