Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Hostile V posted:

They were working on an alternate AI for Jehuty called A.I.D.E.N. but it just flat-out ignored pilots half of the time. Whenever the pilot didn't want to kill, it would do it anyway and then muse on its actions and how unavoidable they were but just and heroic. Also it kept trying to get a hat an iconic cap made for its giant robot head.

Fixed.

And I think that A.I. went to the other Super Protoype,because if Gundam taught me anything,the second unit almost always goes to the villains. If that is the case,him and A.I.D.E.N. are gonna get along juuuuust fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

Okay so I get the whole earthlings are space racists but why did it sound surprising to that weird looking dude when he said "you're enders, all of you!"

Like aren't we on a space colony? Wouldn't there be a ton of enders here?

Just like most Gundam shows ,almost everyone is an idiot.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Danaru posted:

I only played this when I was in junior high, so I don't remember the plot like, at all, but is it ever explained why the strike team hunting for Jehuty is terrorizing and destroying civilians even after Jehuty has been located and confirmed as active like a couple kilometers away :psyduck: What was Tempest even DOING?

You see, BAHRAM (the evil spacenoid faction) has a warcrimes quota to fulfill,and Space Jesus help you if you come up short.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Kurieg posted:

ZOE1 is basically every mecha anime cliche except "Music saves the day"

I know you're referring to Macross 7 or whatever,but that makes me imagine a giant robot version of the Doof Warrior. Which also makes me picture AIDA shouting "Witness!" whenever Jehuty blows up an Ace Custom.And telling Leo he's :mediocre:every chance she gets,of course.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

where Amuro had everyone yelling at him when he wouldn't pilot the Gundam

And slapping the poo poo outta him,don't forget that.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Don't forget Neo America's Statue of Liberty Cannon !

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Ablative posted:

It was shown getting one-shot by Chibodee in the second episode.

In a burning oilfield,nonetheless.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's from the original actually pretty darn good Original Series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC4yNvAIH2U

The video would be better if almost everyone in the comments didn't reference the Game Grumps.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Samizdata posted:

I would play the gently caress out of Mad Mechs. Seriously.

The closest we got is Gundam X,and even then, it's just another cliche Gundam show with a post-apocalyptic skin. And Newtype dolphins.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Do you think Anubis is also equipped with a snarky on-board AI, only it's constantly exasperated with Nohman for killing too many people instead of too few?

"This mission would have been completed 17.6 seconds faster if you had not stopped to blow up that orphanage. Please act more rationally in the future."

"By slaughtering that pilot's entire family, you have increased the odds of him swearing revenge on you. Please limit your casualties to combat personnel only in order to avoid future vendettas."

"Did you really need that fat black man to infiltrate the enemy base and retrieve the intel,before getting him killed? A direct smash-and-grab operation would've been more prudent."

"Bludgeoning that schizophrenic man to death was completely unnecessary. Besides,your sisterwife is in danger is she not?"

Basically,Watch_Dogs would've been so much better with a smartass A.I.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Schubalts posted:

The answer to every question is: The Will of Metatron.

Nah, I think you mean

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

Ah, you reminded me of why that name rings a bell for me. Steven Universe and such.

That makes me imagine SU with this game's voice director/whoever was responsible for the warcrimes against the English language. The possible dialogue... :allears:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

achtungnight posted:

It's a Kojima-influenced game. Some way of getting the female lead undressed is mandatory.

At least we know Ken will be a better cockpit passenger than the last chick we shared Jehuty with. She's of legal consent age, she's an experienced pilot, and she has already shown way more personality and voiced more lines. Sorry, Celvice, you've been replaced. :D

Don't forget the fact that she uses weird things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yup. That war was just as cool as I remember it being. About the only thing that would have made it more awesome is a bigger draw distance. Watching this makes me realize that I'd love to play another ZOE styled game again on modern systems and consoles.

We'll get a Pachinko machine. If we're lucky.

• Locked thread