Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

Hello!

This is my first game in a while and I'm hoping to have a fun experience.

Right now, I am just re-learning the aspects of Mafia, so feel free to give some pointers if you have any!

Once again, I may have played with some of you before and it'll be fun to catch up, and for those of you who are new to me, I hope we have a fun first-time experience to share.

Thanks! :)

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Rarity posted:

Please can we get an update on your important career

Uh... I wouldn't say my career is that important, but I am currently well and satisfied with my job if that was what you wanted to know. :D

Infinitum posted:

Please full claim immediately. It's the new way to prove you're town straight away.

LOL, I still know that is something you definitely shouldn't do!

CapitalistPig posted:

Some Pro Tips

1.) Make sure to make a funny character and role play it for the whole game.

2.)Make sure you post many gifs of cute fuzzy animals through the whole game.

3.) Most Importantly Have Fun!

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, I have no animal pictures to show off at the moment, but I promise to have some ready later! Thanks! ;)

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

HiipFire posted:

seems like im unwelcome here

Don't worry! I'm still rooting for you! :kiddo:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Does anyone else have any inclinations towards certain individuals yet?

As of now, I am becoming suspicious of Absurd Revolver. Their posting style seems erratic and he was also one to take part in the HiipFire turbolynching that nearly occurred earlier.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

if he's town, he's going to be a useless sack of poo poo the entire game
if he's scum, he's going to be a useless sack of poo poo the entire game, then gloat about it

How do you figure this? Do you have a history with this person?

GulagDolls posted:

why him over the following people:

imgay
harold krell
tommunist
me
glowku

Why do you assume me to be among Mafia?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Tommunist posted:

i think hes mentioning useless players

Are you implying that I as well as the others on that list are "useless players"? What do you have to gain by prematurely insulting other players like that?

Sorry if you didn't mean it this way. It just sounds like an underhanded attack on a few people out of the blue.

If you were trying to make some other point, please clarify.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Tommunist posted:

I wasn't the one who made the list dude.

No you didn't. But you DID bring up the correlation between the list he made and "useless players." That assertion was entirely manifested by you.

You could have said nothing and the same points would have held up. But saying that we are useless players is just a baseless attack.

Once again, I could just be perceiving this as an attack, so please clarify if you didn't mean anything hurtful by your argument. :(

Also, could you please frame your justiifcation in a form longer than a simple sentence? I just want to make this clear so I don't perceive a one sentence response as "witty backtalk".

Thank you.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

krell is just really playing up the part of 'newbie.' what about his posts gives you the impression that he's going to make a serious(lol..ahahahha) attempt to 'play mafia'

:( I really am trying this time around...

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Tommunist posted:

Like i weighed up in my mind that Krell has some kind of disorder where he can't link posts to each other but I think I've settled on him just trolling.

I'm sorry, but I think anyone can misinterpret emptyquoting several posts in a row. I'm seriously trying to comprehend your attacks against me. Do you think I'm scum? Third party? You seem to shed negative attention upon me for little reason and I'm concerned about the thought process you're using to arrive at these baseless conclusions.

Please respond regarding this.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Tommunist posted:

you're not actually scum hunting, nothing you've done is town-y.

To be fair, neither have you. You've been far more aggressive with me on this first day with very little reason, so I have as much reason to assume you are Mafia as you do for me.

##vote Tommunist

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Tommunist posted:

I feel like Krell has been trolling me rather then having any real reaction or interaction with the game, but like thats a bunch of other people.

i don't like your role claim but i honestly don't think your posting has been particularly scummy.

Glowkus posts have been trash, but he did this whole thing push a tunnel on X player thing last game so shrug.

I'm gonna re-read tomorrow, but happy to keep my vote on krell for now.

You claim that I've been trolling you, yet you feel that many other people in this game do as well.

If multiple people believe that your thought process is invalid, maybe you need to look at yourself and correct your behavior?

If I were you, I would ask myself why exactly I have these unabashed negative thoughts towards others and discover as to why they might be clouding your judgement.

Tommunist posted:

actually i take it back, your push on hiipfire is loving retarded

So now you attack this person after agreeing with this person just one post earlier? Why can't you make up your mind?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I made 2 posts before I voted, and it was on the subsequent IRL day. The last post before those 2 was 16 hours before so catching up was being done. Then I voted again incase the votes got reset. So there's some inconsistency in your accusation here. You're trying to spin my posting into a scum context, but as soon as I saw the results of Infinitum claiming, I posted a vote and questioned why there weren't more because he was clearly scum.

I think the point he's trying to make is that the fact you are so insistent on using timestamps on your posts to defend yourself that it makes you appear as scum. I find it more important to delve into the context of your posts rather than the actual dates you posted such information.

What did I say and when did I say it? My comments in response to Rarity are relevant here. You're not actually reading more so than trying to place my votes and posts in a scummy context and there's actually none to be had.

Rarity's list comes off as scummy to me, because he's selectively going after votes on infinitum which no matter how you look at it were warranted. Not to mention him gloating about him pegging infinitum and so on. Of course he knows, because he's likely scum.

##vote Rarity

Once again, you're coming off as incredibly defensive. You shouldn't have anything to worry about if you aren't actually scum so why the fuss? Very strange...

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

This may be unrelated to the game, but I find body pillows with graphics on them to be truly one of the most disgusting things a person can own. It's never a graceful pose and it's akin to sleeping with an imaginary person. I always cringe whenever I see images like that brought to my attention, even if it is satirical.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Note to self (and others as well): People who use the word "lol" to critique your mafia analysis most likely did not read your analysis at all.

Just some food for thought...

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

See, it's this kind of impudence that really falters the game. I understand it's ha-ha joke phase on the first day and there's nothing to really go on, but after the first night, it would be ideal if we could stop joking around as much and start actually looking at the evidence at hand. Is it really too much to ask for people to not act childish and not post one word joke replies to posts that actually have some meritable content?

Anyways, it's very late for me and I am going to have to go to sleep soon. I will continue to look at the thread as often as possible, but I may not be able to post at least until roughly 1/2 day.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

The BYOB tag on the main page slowly rotates over time.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh and KB is an obvious 3P that we should kill

How do you know this?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I read his posts.

Please elaborate on this. We need more to go on other than "because I said so".

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

imgay posted:

So heres how it happens. Lucious told everyone his mother's dead, but then suddenly the endshot shows her still alive in a nursing home. So it looks like the Lion boys might finally be able to meet their grandmother.

Is this suppose to be a breadcrumb or some type of role reveal? Who is Lucious? If this is related to Dark Souls, please elaborate as I, and probably some of the other players here, are not entirely familiar with the game.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

imgay posted:

Lucious is the co-CEO of empire with Cookie, his on-again off-again wife who is dealing with each of his three sons who want to usurp his company from under him.

Who is Cookie? Who is Lucious? You need to explain who these people are because we have no reference for them.

Are you capable of detecting roles? Or is this information involving a power you have?

Sorry, but I've been wrapping my head around your statements for the past 3 hours and I am able to come up with nothing. :(

Please respond with coherently next time. Sorry again but this is all very frustrating to understand. :(

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Moatillata posted:

Jesus Christ this is painful someone tell him

Do you know something I don't? :confused:

imgay posted:

Cookie is Obvious exwife who went to prison for selling drugs. During the prison sentence Lucious built his empire and raised his 3 sons. 17 years later Cookie is released. Meanwhile Lucious gets diagnosed with a terminal illness. Around the time Cookie gets released, her brother tries to extort Lucious for money, Lucious kills him. Some homeless man sees this but he is too homeless for anything to actually happen. Cookie begins at empire with a rocky start to the empire.

Do you have autism, or perhaps some congenital birth defect that impedes the way you express your thoughts through the written word? This is in NO WAY a personal attack against you. I just want to know more of your thought process so I can translate your posts. Apparently, others are able to grasp something from your speech, so I'm wondering if you are actually Mafia trying to misdirect me with your Mafia teammates rallying with you.

Once again, do not take my assumptions as a personal attack. Exposing any possible mental illness could provide some insight, but it's totally up to you if you want to admit it or not. :shobon:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

This game totally poo poo the bed! :aaaaa:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

JakeP killed someone last night.

##vote JakeP

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Tracked JakeP last night. Flavor said he was out, was a struggle, and came back "battered and bloodied".

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Are you two scum together?

Yes

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

imgay posted:

Which 2

Me and JakeP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I don't want to die. :(

• Locked thread