Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

I live with and take care of my mom because she's too sick to live by herself besides being nearly blind and she falls a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

LSD CURES JUNKIES posted:

I live with and take care of my mom because she's too sick to live by herself besides being nearly blind and she falls a lot.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

You are an honorable person and I wish you well.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Good for you. That's a hell of a thing to do, and you have all my respect.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
You should bang her after she dies so you don't feel like she stole your 20's.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
no i havent lived with my parents in about 12 yrs now :downs: self-made man over here you stupid btiches....

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I live with some dude named Lawrence. I'm not sure how he's related to me. He always smells like liquor and I usually try to avoid talking to him.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Cnut the Great posted:

I live with some dude named Lawrence. I'm not sure how he's related to me. He always smells like liquor and I usually try to avoid talking to him.

Stop discriminating against Lawrence

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

frogge posted:

I'm about to move back in with mine for awhile because moving to the city didn't pan out for me as my income can't keep up with rising rents and I'll be damned if I pay over $1400/mo for a shoebox studio just to stay in the city.
Probably just stay with them long enough to save up a few months' rent before moving to a cheaper town where all the poors from my current town are getting pushed into, then I'll have independence again.

Haaaa tbh this might be me in the future. gently caress everything!

My older sister still lives at home with her enormous sailor moon anime collection. Last time I visited she had a 'stay home club' sticker on her door and was wearing one of these 'stay at home club' shirts

I'm not even kidding. http://stayhomeclub.com/collections/women/products/stay-home-club-reverse-loose-tee

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Sialia posted:

Stop discriminating against Lawrence

I think he's my first cousin once removed but I suck at math so who knows really

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Inzombiac posted:

Moving the discussion along:
I'm almost 30, live with my GF and rent a big house. How many of you bought a house and how early?
I live in Portland and, until prices drop back to pre-Portlandia craze, I cannot buy a house.

Became a homeowner back in 2000 -- had a real job with a dependable income by then (actually since 1998 but I'd spent a little while saving up) and was getting sick of waiting for the real estate market to have its inevitable downturn (at the time prices had been rising for seven years; the downturn still has not come 16 years later). Was single at the time and bought an one-bedroom apartment within a short bicycle ride (or long walk) of my job. Lived there for five years before moving across the country to live with my now-wife; what I got when I sold the place was 70% more than I paid for it and I hadn't done poo poo to improve or even maintain it apart from painting the hallway a more cheerful colour. 11 years later I see similar apartments (in fact one that is identical to the one I had, same street, built exactly the same -- nicer inside, though) going for three times as much as what I paid in 2000. It's completely loving insane and young people today don't stand a chance unless they have help from their parents or something. (Or are able/willing to live somewhere rather less popular than close to a major city, I guess; rural prices aren't nearly as hosed up.)

Groke fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 18, 2016

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Decebal posted:

It's weird when you think that people lived in extended nuclear families for thousands of years, but now it's a sign of weakness

arent we having tons more premarital/casual sex now though? i figure its probably hard to know for sure but man, its a huge drag to try to bang a girl when your room is between your parents' and your 9 year old stepbrother's

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

I live at home because despite having a job that pays more than minimum wage, it's financially more responsible for me to live here and help with the mortgage and house repairs because I'll eventually own this house so I might as well stay here.

Also crippling social issues which prevent me from normal human interaction, but that's, like, part and parcel of modern thirty-somethings. And helping my aging parents. Standard stuff, really.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

'Sup.

My dad suffered a massive stroke.

So I got a job that that pays fairly well, that is near where my parents live.

So I moved back in with my parents, since it's cheaper than paying rent. I get to live rent free living with my parents. I just have to help empty out my dad's colostomy bag and catheter before going to work, and after coming home from work. It was either that, or ship my dad off to a nursing home, which I objected to for moral reasons. I probably care more about my dad than some Philipina nurses.

It is a huge cockblocker living with my parents, but it's not like I was getting massive amounts of pussy before. I can at least act like a decent person and take care of my parents when they need some help.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 18, 2016

Epileptic Monkey
Jan 9, 2014
Stayed at home till 18, then got outta there and went to University. gently caress, I don't understand people who stay with their parents past their teens. I wanted outta home by 15, like I don't come from a bad home but parents are just plain poo poo to live with. Or is that just me?

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
I could probably tolerate living with mine, if I had to. But I'm still glad I don't have to.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Guzwar posted:

I live at home because despite having a job that pays more than minimum wage, it's financially more responsible for me to live here and help with the mortgage and house repairs because I'll eventually own this house so I might as well stay here.

Also crippling social issues which prevent me from normal human interaction, but that's, like, part and parcel of modern thirty-somethings. And helping my aging parents. Standard stuff, really.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Doctor Schnabel posted:

ill always live with Mother

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
i live in a city where 300$ a week for rent is considered cheap, im aint going nowhere anytime soon

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
im so cool i don't even live with my wife

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

TheIllestVillain posted:

i live in a city where 300$ a week for rent is considered cheap, im aint going nowhere anytime soon

otherwise known as $1200 a month to normal people who dont rent by the week

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
I'm a 30 year old single "man" with crippling debt and an intense distrust of roommates due to previous experiences living with friends.

I live with my dad and his wife. In the basement. Of my childhood home.

I am the proto-loser.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Nope, moved out when i got married at 21 and bought a house.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

re: the cockblocking effect of returning to the nest; I used to wonder why Latino/Latina teens made out in city parks. Then one of my extended family roommates brought his girlfriend home to live with us for a year and now I get it.

In their defense they were pretty quiet as long as she was sober. Problems old as the hills.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol at all the people in here who live with their parents
well bye

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Edgar posted:

Nope, moved out when i got married at 21 and bought a house.

that's even worse

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
moved back in because I can't afford rent and tuition at the same time, gently caress getting into ultradebt, one year and im out

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

The Real Foogla posted:

gently caress getting into ultradebt

drat you uppity epsilons, less debt is an affront to our Ford and saviour!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

TheIllestVillain posted:

ah i see, so you're from the Every City Everywhere area

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Hell no, living with my parents at my age would be torture. I live with my wife's parent

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i live in a system of caves

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

katlington posted:

I wish i had stayed living at home also that then my parents had died and i kept living there and never changed anything in the house and i kept sleeping in my room and preserved theirs as it was like theyd only just popped out to the store and could walk back through the door at any time also i would eat icecream and sandwiches all day

Wow this was really depressing to read at 8am.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

TheIllestVillain posted:

Who prices out rent by the week? Were you shopping extended stay motels?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Not physically, but in spirit they are always with me.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
No because they told my I was good at math when I was young and I believed them so now I have a good job.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

yes, but if things go according to plan, when i graduate, i'll be rooming with one of my friends for a decent amount of time

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
My roommate Lawrence really seems to have it in for Gypsies. I don't understand it. He grew up in loving Pittsburgh. Are there a lot of Gypsies in Pittsburgh? I doubt it.

kremlins
May 9, 2009

im about to go back home after graduating. i haven't found a job yet due to my worthless degree in computer engineering

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I live with my mom because I can't get a real job

There's nothing wrong with living with your parents though. This whole mentality that you have to move out the minute you turn 18 is created by the BANKERS who want everyone to take out a mortgage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I live with my mom because I can't get a real job

There's nothing wrong with living with your parents though. This whole mentality that you have to move out the minute you turn 18 is created by the BANKERS who want everyone to take out a mortgage

Lmao yeah gently caress you dad! Fight the power man, its totally cool to be an adult child.

• Locked thread