Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clitical hit
Nov 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUXRilk-JNA

:squawk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
Did not click the link as I do not like Venetian Snares. His music sounds like dog poo poo to my ears.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Dubplate Fire posted:

Did not click the link as I do not like Venetian Snares. His music sounds like dog poo poo to my ears.

2 sentences 2 wrong opinions it's like a perfect score!

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

2 sentences 2 wrong opinions it's like a perfect score!

It's one opinion and that opinion is that Venetian Snares sucks. I bought one of his records once and it was impossible to mix and no girls would dance to it. He's like the skrillex of jungle, except i've seen girls dancing to skrillex.

edit: before someone comes in and says its not jungle its breakcore, its all loving jungle and if you call it breakcore i already know its gonna be a poo poo tune

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
He's really tall.

clitical hit
Nov 21, 2015

Fairly passive posted:

He's really tall.

I'm afraid he would crush me in my slepe

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Dubplate Fire posted:

It's one opinion and that opinion is that Venetian Snares sucks. I bought one of his records once and it was impossible to mix and no girls would dance to it. He's like the skrillex of jungle, except i've seen girls dancing to skrillex.

edit: before someone comes in and says its not jungle its breakcore, its all loving jungle and if you call it breakcore i already know its gonna be a poo poo tune

Venetian Snares is the Mozart of music you heathen.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Venetian Snares is the Mozart of music you heathen.

Eh. Some of his chops are okay.

edit: i clicked the link and listened a bit, garbage to my ears but i can appreciate that other people like it. the amens are just too stupid

Dubplate Fire fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 17, 2016

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

quite nasty it seems

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dubplate Fire posted:

Eh. Some of his chops are okay.

edit: i clicked the link and listened a bit, garbage to my ears but i can appreciate that other people like it. the amens are just too stupid

You're spending a lot of time defending your decision to not like poo poo. It's OK to say this sucks because it does.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

tenspott posted:

You're spending a lot of time defending your decision to not like poo poo. It's OK to say this sucks because it does.

i just like arguing about music, and yes this poo poo is trash

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i haven't listened to a snares record made in the last 6+ years and i probably will not listen to this one.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
He uses Renoise, so he's got that going for him. Though a lot of Renoise users like autistic mathematical spaz music.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Haier posted:

Though a lot of Renoise users like autistic mathematical spaz music.

hell yeah.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
no thanks op

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
apparently he's a massive wanker and a prick to people

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

JFairfax posted:

apparently he's a massive wanker and a prick to people

I already said he was the Mozart of music.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dubplate Fire posted:

I remember GBS in general being super into breakcore in like the mid 2000s

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dubplate Fire posted:

what the gently caress does this mean

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
There is exactly one Venetian Snares track that I like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fX4qoruQik

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

it means suck his balls

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

flerp posted:

it means suck his balls
alrighty

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Vastarien posted:

yea it's this

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Very Long Chicken

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
also he owns

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

symbolic posted:

it means that breakcore is just lovely jungle music

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

flerp posted:

it means suck his balls

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Dubplate Fire posted:

That's racist.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dubplate Fire posted:

okay, for someone who doesn't listen to this type of music, what the gently caress does this mean

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

symbolic posted:

okay, for someone who doesn't listen to this type of music, what the gently caress does this mean

Jungle is a diverse genre of music with a ton of offshoots. Breakcore is one of those offshoots and when I'm shopping for Jungle records I will immediately skip over anything labeled breakcore. It focuses way too much on speed and chopped, edited, and sliced drum breaks; completely overdoing it, making it difficult to follow or dance to. It is generally a very nerdy style of music and if you go see a breakcore event there will be very few women at said event.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

That's racist.

How so?

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Vastarien posted:

I knew what this was going to be before I clicked on it.
It's great, yep.

I see he's repositioning himself as some kind of milder, avant-garde sound artist now. Probably wise in the current climate. Drop the references to sexual violence, bestiality etc.

Lara Rix-Martin (Mike P's other half) has launched a new label focused on female and non-binary artists.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dubplate Fire posted:

Jungle is a diverse genre of music with a ton of offshoots. Breakcore is one of those offshoots and when I'm shopping for Jungle records I will immediately skip over anything labeled breakcore. It focuses way too much on speed and chopped, edited, and sliced drum breaks; completely overdoing it, making it difficult to follow or dance to. It is generally a very nerdy style of music and if you go see a breakcore event there will be very few women at said event.
thank you

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Here is something that I would play or listen to.

https://soundcloud.com/jkenzo/01-cbr016-a-j-kenzo-skatta

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
*opens up renoise*
*drops in amen break sample*
"hmm.. what to do now..?"

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

Dubplate Fire posted:

Here is something that I would play or listen to.

https://soundcloud.com/jkenzo/01-cbr016-a-j-kenzo-skatta

hey this is rear end. i don't like venetian snares but i can at least appreciate that his music doesn't sound like something a 14 year old with serum would make.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

*opens up renoise*
*drops in amen break sample*
"hmm.. what to do now..?"

Do not reveal the Wu Tang secret Jesus christ.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

hey this is rear end. i don't like venetian snares but i can at least appreciate that his music doesn't sound like something a 14 year old with serum would make.

u got any tunes i would love to hear em.

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Where's the innovation/fun overlap in electronic music these days? I liked what Savant was doing to EDM a few years back but he seems to have gone off the boil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Fairly passive posted:

Where's the innovation/fun overlap in electronic music these days? I liked what Savant was doing to EDM a few years back but he seems to have gone off the boil.

There is not much innovation anymore, everyone just copies the poo poo from the 90s. I'm sick of hearing the amen, and I've never thought I'd say that.

• Locked thread