Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Dubplate Fire posted:

u got any tunes i would love to hear em.

usually the aggressor in a music fight is not the first to say "let's see you do better"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When I was much younger some friends and I drove around a rich brat neighborhood blaring Venetian Snares and getting the dirtiest of looks

Incredibly stupid but when I think back to the kinds of reactions, funnier than it should have been.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.

Dubplate Fire posted:

u got any tunes i would love to hear em.

lil somethin special i whipped up for you
http://picosong.com/NMzV/

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

lil somethin special i whipped up for you
http://picosong.com/NMzV/

Alright, your opinion is poo poo.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
All these songs are dogshit gently caress you op

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dubplate Fire posted:

Jungle is a diverse genre of music with a ton of offshoots. Breakcore is one of those offshoots and when I'm shopping for Jungle records I will immediately skip over anything labeled breakcore. It focuses way too much on speed and chopped, edited, and sliced drum breaks; completely overdoing it, making it difficult to follow or dance to. It is generally a very nerdy style of music and if you go see a breakcore event there will be very few women at said event.

lol

Lookit this 2004 word salad horseshit

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
let's all post our lovely soundclouds!

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

Dubplate Fire posted:

mlyp

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Welcome to my dorm. You're a frosh huh? Well I don't judge. Let me tell you about music. You see the thing about music is to do every sound exactly the same every time and to have no small human variabilities in the rhythm so that it is all meaningless. Unpleasant too! Here's a thirteen minute song made by someone with no internal (and certainly no external) editor. Listen to that Jim Jim! That's the essence of uninformed lazy self indulgence!

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Squarepusher sucks too. But NOT Aphex twin

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

Welcome to my dorm. You're a frosh huh? Well I don't judge. Let me tell you about music. You see the thing about music is to do every sound exactly the same every time and to have no small human variabilities in the rhythm so that it is all meaningless. Unpleasant too! Here's a thirteen minute song made by someone with no internal (and certainly no external) editor. Listen to that Jim Jim! That's the essence of uninformed lazy self indulgence!

You just described Venetian Snares to a tee

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
You're all grounded ffs.
Go listen to your "music" where actual instrument-playing musicians are involved I mean hello this is 2016?! Jeez

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if i wanted to hear a human play music i'd go to the drat bus station

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU6GuKegDXw

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Crash_N_Burn posted:

i liked iambic 9 poetry but that's literally it

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I prefer the "golden oldies"

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
Man, Venetian Snares was cool as hell back in 2007.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
Remember Frictional Nevada? That was a good one

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
*opens Venetian blinds* "some people have stairs in their house" :smith:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6lRdPO7So

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be

Steak posted:

Man, Venetian Snares was cool as hell back in 2007.

Not sure when his coolness peaked. Maybe 2005 with the Hungarian album. Lots of breakcore/dubstep overlap in London at that time, but breakcore (2000s version) was dying. Too male and spergy. Dubstep ascendant.

I used to play tracks from Doll Doll Doll when I was in halls of residence at Durham Uni in 2001. Only cemented my position as a miserable loner. Don't do it kids, find the stuff people like. Be popular.

Bansky
Mar 1, 2016

Dubplate Fire posted:

what kind of jungle are you into mate? are we talking DJ SS and 2 Bad Mice, Origin Unknown, old Metalheadz stuff or what? I don't know anything new so link me some of that if it's any cop

It's funny that you berate breakcore for being undanceable because that's EDM kids opinion on jungle, not that you're wrong

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol having conversations with americans about 'Jungle Music' is fun, especially if they're black and haven't heard of it before.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Bansky posted:

what kind of jungle are you into mate? are we talking DJ SS and 2 Bad Mice, Origin Unknown, old Metalheadz stuff or what? I don't know anything new so link me some of that if it's any cop

It's funny that you berate breakcore for being undanceable because that's EDM kids opinion on jungle, not that you're wrong

I like all the old stuff. Current DJ SS is trash though, basic rear end drum and bass. As for the new stuff, you should check out these labels Green Bay Wax, Bulletproof Wax and Alpha Cuts. Get started with that! I kind've agree that alot of jungle is kind've undanceable if you don't know how to properly rinse out the tunes though.

edit: Phat Bubba and Jungle Muffin are good too. Those are mostly vinyl only labels, though I think Green Bay Wax does digital releases too.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

any genre with "core" in it is for fa... er i mean big stupid idiots

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
i like this dubplate fire guy

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
He kicked me in the leg once.

I was at a show in Toronto and was chilling near the turntables (computer, whatever) and he was jamming out so hard he kicked me.

It might have been by accident but I like to think he was flirting with me.

:love: :love: :huh: :love: :love:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Profondo Rosso posted:

any genre with "core" in it is for fa... er i mean big stupid idiots
do you even hardcore, bitch?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Venetian Snares is like King Crimson. It's good to listen to if your plans are sitting alone and being a dork. Do not play it at a party or for a girl who is not a musician.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

a dope tune

https://soundcloud.com/phatbubbarecords/a1-bazia-cant-explain

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

hey its like punk but lovely no thanks

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i used to like venetian snares, but then i started highschool
plus all of his material post-filth (filth was also very bad) sucks doggy dick except for cubist reggae

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
heard the name before but never listened until the link in this thread and i like the first song already so thanks

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Dubplate Fire posted:

I bought one of his records once and it was impossible to mix and no girls would dance to it.
i think technically that means no girls would dance to you

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I sorta' liked this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZsbGJsJAxY

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

ok listening to the next ones or so, holy poo poo his voice is cringingly bad

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Traditional Synthesizer Music is good. That dropped like 6 weeks ago.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

whoflungpoop posted:

i think technically that means no girls would dance to you

Well I never actually played it out. I listened to it once and said to myself "no girls would ever dance to this" and then put it away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Stuntman posted:

i used to like venetian snares, but then i started highschool
plus all of his material post-filth (filth was also very bad) sucks doggy dick except for cubist reggae

Filth is the one I bought on a recommendation. gently caress that poo poo man.

• Locked thread