Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beige
Sep 13, 2004
biscuits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Beige posted:

biscuits

:argh:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

King of Bees posted:

I'll be waiting friend. With presents from the States!

If you ever want to realise why you love the US, try our version of Froot Loops, they're loving atrocious. US ones are basically like eating a bowl of sugar and colourings and are amazing. Ours are poop in comparison.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
don't be offended if anyone asks you if they can "bum a fag" as that is only a friendly invitation to homosexual intercourse

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Igiari posted:

You're allowed to drink in a pub, as I recall, but not to be intoxicated. I think the parliament thing is a myth, too. There was a thing the MoJ put around a year or two ago, but I can't find it now.

If you die in parliament you get a state funeral so if you look a bit peaky they carry you out to die in the gutter like the paup you are

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

88h88 posted:

If you ever want to realise why you love the US, try our version of Froot Loops, they're loving atrocious. US ones are basically like eating a bowl of sugar and colourings and are amazing. Ours are poop in comparison.

Alternatively, don't eat like a child

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Party Boat posted:

If you die in parliament you get a state funeral so if you look a bit peaky they carry you out to die in the gutter like the paup you are

Whilst a good factoid, this is actually untrue(I found he thing): http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Legal_Oddities.pdf

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Butterfly Valley posted:

Alternatively, don't eat like a child

Bruv, I will slash you right up.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Igiari posted:

You're allowed to drink in a pub, as I recall, but not to be intoxicated. I think the parliament thing is a myth, too. There was a thing the MoJ put around a year or two ago, but I can't find it now.

IDK they were both in an article on the beeb saying that they were still true

the dumb "it's legal to shoot a welshman with a crossbow if you're in chester" etc. ones are all myths, but we do have a few genuinely weird laws (like the handling salmon in a suspicious manner)

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

LordArgh posted:

don't be offended if anyone asks you if they can "bum a fag" as that is only a friendly invitation to homosexual intercourse

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

IDK they were both in an article on the beeb saying that they were still true

the dumb "it's legal to shoot a welshman with a crossbow if you're in chester" etc. ones are all myths, but we do have a few genuinely weird laws (like the handling salmon in a suspicious manner)

As above, turns out they're both untrue, as per the Law Commission. It is illegal to wear armour in parliament, however.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Igiari posted:

Whilst a good factoid, this is actually untrue(I found he thing): http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Legal_Oddities.pdf

that's weird, I'm pretty sure the tour guide in the HoP told me that one

she wouldn't let us sit on the benches either

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Party Boat posted:

that's weird, I'm pretty sure the tour guide in the HoP told me that one

she wouldn't let us sit on the benches either

when my friend was visiting the HoP some old guy sat on a bench, winked at him and said "I'm a rebel."

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Igiari posted:

As above, turns out they're both untrue, as per the Law Commission. It is illegal to wear armour in parliament, however.

What does that mean kevlar and stuff as well, or full plate mail?

Actually I would've loved it if Cameron had come out to PMQs in full plate when those pig fucker allegations were doing the rounds.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
My gaydar is going crazy and I'm alone...

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I assume it was meant back in the day to keep heavily armed soldiers from intimidating parliament members or something.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

DrKrankenwagen posted:

Eat these. Don't ask any questions just eat them. Cheese & Onion are the superior flavor, however.

Pretty sure i don't need to go to the UK to buy a bag of Lay's.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
where are the ketchup or all dressed ones

:canada:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Got thoroughly wasted at the 90th birthday party. Had a pint of Premiere which I think is one of the best beers I've ever tasted. Then later had many many rounds of single malt scotch. Going to a carver later for food. Had a sausage butty for breakfast. Yesterday was bacon. Enjoying the Midlands so far. Back to London Towne tomorrow.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Be sure to watch this on Monday.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

just add : almost all the ingredients

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Beige posted:

Be sure to watch this on Monday.

That was my grandmas favorite show. We used to watch it on BBC America all the time. You'd think a little old woman from Missouri wouldn't be able to relate to British television, but there you go.

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!

nobody eats these except hopeless children with parents who can't cook

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Got thoroughly wasted at the 90th birthday party. Had a pint of Premiere which I think is one of the best beers I've ever tasted. Then later had many many rounds of single malt scotch. Going to a carver later for food. Had a sausage butty for breakfast. Yesterday was bacon. Enjoying the Midlands so far. Back to London Towne tomorrow.

Pedigree. Not Premiere.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Try the extra mild version for a real taste sensation without that unnecessary baggage of actual flavour lol

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

King of Bees posted:

Pedigree. Not Premiere.

if you enjoy your beer by the half-litre I can recommend Holsten pils. coming from Australia I found the beer selection in the average off-licence to be a revelation. getting drunk is most of the reason I stay here.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

if you enjoy your beer by the half-litre I can recommend Holsten pils. coming from Australia I found the beer selection in the average off-licence to be a revelation. getting drunk is most of the reason I stay here.

lol does that even still exist? I can't remember seeing any in the last ten years, but then again it might just be that they stopped spending £1bn a year on advertising

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Banano posted:

lol does that even still exist? I can't remember seeing any in the last ten years, but then again it might just be that they stopped spending £1bn a year on advertising

yeah it's a staple in my off-licence. it's one of the £1 cans. while it's garbage by european standards it's fantastic compared to the swill that passes for beer in Australia.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Check out the oven-baked breaded chicken 'fajita' kit! - https://oldelpaso.co.uk/products/crispy-chicken-fajita-kit

(we aren't good at Mexican over here, lacking as we do Mexicans :smith:)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

NihilismNow posted:

Pretty sure i don't need to go to the UK to buy a bag of Lay's.

Pretty sure Lay's don't do cheese and onion, worcestshire sauce or prawn cocktail crisps.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

We have this in America op.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
*carvery also a loving pro tier choice for Sunday (is it Sunday?)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Revenants Return posted:

We have this in America op.

You do, but different and somehow very slightly closer to actual Mexican food. See the thing I posted for instance.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Just finished watching Leicester win another game after a visit to the carver. Drinking Tiger and now eating:

Which are indeed...delicious.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

King of Bees posted:

Just finished watching Leicester win another game after a visit to the carver. Drinking Tiger and now eating:

You have chosen...wisely.

The UKMT approves.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

King of Bees posted:

Yes mate :respek:

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
I'm disappointed they weren't Flamin' Hot flavour, but still solid choice.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Igiari posted:

I'm disappointed they weren't Flamin' Hot flavour, but still solid choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

feedmegin posted:

Pretty sure Lay's don't do cheese and onion, worcestshire sauce or prawn cocktail crisps.

They certainly do cheese and onion and several other flavours that were depicted in that image. But maybe not in every market.

• Locked thread