Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
When in London, avoid eating in an Angus Steakhouse. They're this strange 70's throwback that survives on the custom of disoriented foreign tourists who assume it's a safe eating choice.

And I'd like to know why you need to go to the Midlands as well: literally the worst part of the uk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

King of Bees posted:

What's wrong with the Midlands? I've never been so I'm genuinely curious.

It's dead and depressing and has no proper jobs.

Admittedly, I grew up there and fled the area for the bright lights of the South-East, so I may be a little prejudiced.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Saga posted:

Best thing to do in central London is get an A to Z (map book, comes in handy pocket size, doesn't run out of battery) and walk everywhere. The only reason to use the tube is if you want to experience genuine London black snot. The air quality is that bad. You will see so much more walking and central London really isn't that big.

Or he could just use Google Maps!

That's one thing that puzzles me in London: all the foreign tourists struggling with great flapping paper maps to try and navigate around the city and I'm thinking guys, it's 2016, you literally have the Guide from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in your loving pockets, why not just use that?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

King of Bees posted:

Found out this place is only like 25 miles from where I'm staying. Really hoping to get there, but that may seem a crazy distance to our hosts?

So that'll be a 3 hr journey in UK traffic. Bear that in mind.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Butterfly Valley posted:

Can we stop lying to the poor guy

I went to Norwich and it was nice :colbert:

I was surprised by the number of lapdancing clubs until I realised it must be the only place within a 30 mile radius that supplies that particular service.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I can't believe that some Eastern European girl would come to the UK and conclude that Great Yarmouth was THE place to demonstrate her pole dancing skills. You must be mistaken.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

EL BROMANCE posted:

Your idea of going to Borough Market is a solid one, that place is good. Also there's a decent German beer cellar around the corner from it which is good too.

And if you missed my suggestion to get CityMapper for my phone, rectify this. It'll make your life so much easier getting around London.

Ooh, what's the beer cellar called? I might take a look tomorrow, if I'm not too hungover.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

EL BROMANCE posted:

99% sure this is the place... Not many pictures but the menu matches my memory http://katzenjammers.co.uk

Why is there a young lady showing me the inside of her skull on that website's front page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

bitmap posted:

I move to London for two years in one weeks time and this thread got me mad depressed

Do you have some below market rate accommodation set up. If so, you're sound. If not, my commiserations.

Also, I assume your avatar reflects your current emotional state.

• Locked thread