Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How deep rooted is the fear of the underground? Because the subway is the only non-awful way to get around London. Otherwise you'll be using buses which are an OK 2nd place, or taxis which are extortionate.

Get CityMapper for your phone for getting around because it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Your idea of going to Borough Market is a solid one, that place is good. Also there's a decent German beer cellar around the corner from it which is good too.

And if you missed my suggestion to get CityMapper for my phone, rectify this. It'll make your life so much easier getting around London.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tip for taxis is 'round up to the nearest pound' for anywhere outside of London, unless they've managed to say a racist in the 5 minute journey (which is impossible for some). Or just don't bother, given most taxi drivers I've had can't help but brag about their amazing lives, so they're hardly strapped for cash while charging you £10 to go down the road.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pistol_Pete posted:

Ooh, what's the beer cellar called? I might take a look tomorrow, if I'm not too hungover.

99% sure this is the place... Not many pictures but the menu matches my memory http://katzenjammers.co.uk

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nicomo posted:

Do not, I repeat do NOT, smile at anyone on the tube (subway). The results are too awful to even imagine.

They might smile back.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aren't Walkers and Lays the exact same thing anyway? They're boring AF too. Monster Munch own though. And Skips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pizza from fast food '£5 deal' places is generally greasy poo poo that's fine for when you've been out getting hammered, but you can get perfectly excellent pizza from the plethora of Italian restaurants every town has. Getting good pizza in the UK isn't hard, it's just not as cheap.

• Locked thread