Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win today?
Detroit
Cleveland
Charlotte
Miami
Memphis
San Antonio
Los Angeles
Portland
View Results

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

The Glumslinger posted:

Not only can any team get him, but Miami doesn't even have the money to pay him the Max, unless they shed a lot of contracts

Is this true? My understanding was they were able to get below the repeater tax threshold in order to try and sign Durant in the offseason through trades and waiving players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is ds3 any good

is it as good as ds1

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
gently caress you nba for running that commercial

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

is ds3 any good

is it as good as ds1

To me it's not as good as Demons (i love proto) and ds1 but it's still very good

the action is more bloodborney

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Is this true? My understanding was they were able to get below the repeater tax threshold in order to try and sign Durant in the offseason through trades and waiving players.

No it's not true. As far as I know the biggest contracts on the books after this year are dragic, bosh and mcbob plus the two rookies. Obviously they will try to shed mcroberts but the heat have 5 players on the books for next year.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Strawberry Panda posted:

They have like 42 million in cap space, but that has to cover Deng, Wade and Whiteside, + JJ and Amare + cap holds to fill out the rest of the team.
Basically they need to shed Deng and then hope they can get Wade on a cheaper contract and forget about JJ and Amare to sign Whiteside. Heat need to make some tough decisions.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Strawberry Panda posted:

It looks like Miami only has five guys under contract next year, which means they're pretty well situated to be under the cap if a guy like Durant is available and they want to renounce their cap holds for all of their free agents.

If they want to retain the general core of the team they have now — including Wade — then that cap space gets gobbled up in a hurry and Whiteside is harder to squeeze in. Presumably they wouldn't be too eager to go into next season with Bosh/Wade/Whiteside/Dragic/McRoberts/Winslow/Ricardson and a bunch of floatsam

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Let's go Memphis!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Oh God, not Reggie. Anyone but Reggie.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Lets do this memphis im ready for this.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Oh man, that Grizzlies starting lineup. Ouch.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
perfect start

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Reggie want kawhi to touch him with his big mitts

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
End the game right now

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wait I have the local broadcast 💅💅💅💅💅

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
So Duncan gets that call but zbo gets nothing smh

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Metapod posted:

So Duncan gets that call but zbo gets nothing smh

💅💅💅💅💅 💅💅💅💅💅 💅💅💅💅💅 💅💅💅💅💅 💅💅💅💅💅

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
lenny is so real

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I didn't even know Birdman was still in the league

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Aldridge looks bad, Duncan looks toast, good start fellas

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

illcendiary posted:

Aldridge looks bad, Duncan looks toast, good start fellas

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Cowboys From Hell is a good song.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Im just happy we are on fox sport south.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
how are we not up by 38 already. this postseason is over.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope every quarter in the series is like this

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Greataval posted:

Im just happy we are on fox sport south.

You are right about that, brother. Give me Pete and Brevin any day of the week!

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Spurs are so lucky that they get to try to fix their broken offense against a d league team through the first round.

Because they really aren't a whole lot better than the Grizzlies right now. They can't loving score.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bashez posted:

Spurs are so lucky that they get to try to fix their broken offense against a d league team through the first round.

Because they really aren't a whole lot better than the Grizzlies right now. They can't loving score.

Fortunately, they have Marc Davis on their side!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

LMA is the Real

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
I am def hoping that maybe lance can bring some offense off the bench.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:fork:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Grizzlies might not break 60 points, I wish I voted for unleashing the Boban in the prediction thread.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
The grizz offense consist of Zbo fighting double teams to get 28 pts

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lmfao attaway

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
C'mon Grizz

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
David west :laffo:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I want the Grizz to win so my homeboy Nick is happy.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Here comes Boris Diaw, Grizz Killer.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Cowboys From Hell is a good song.