Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
wow guys I am not even kidding to you when I tell you this as a PSA TLDR You need to go see the jungle book. period. If you haven't seen it yet, stop doing what you are doing drop your tooth brush stop parking your car and run to your nearest big D theathre for an experience of your miserable little life times. It is so filled with action and the best part if there are no spoilers here my friend is that you feel like you are there and all of the animals are your friends and you belong in the forest with Moogly.

I found it kind of odd that they would make such a scary movie. During hte previews you see amo vie called Nine lives starring kevin spassy in a board room about a cat with sunglasses probably many deal with it references and I'm sure Grumpy Cart will make an appearance but during the intro to the movie you feel tha soon you will be part of something special and this trailer really hit home for me. It has been al ong time of animal talk times in times and then we got the movie PETS that will be a good one but then we wonder why are there movies like sausge fest that looks really terrible and doesnt convey the good feeling nature of a movie where animals and appliances can talk to one another. If you remember the movie the brave little toaster I had nightmarse for years and sometimes I still do could you imagine what it would be like as the thunder cracks in the background and they drag your friends kicking and screaming to the land fill? It is almost just like real life as a metaphor and that is why it is so scary so when I am sweating at night and I have to tell the physician why I sweat the brave little toaster sometimes comes out during those conversations. The movie that scared me the MOST though was pweewees play house the one with the clowns and I think the bike maybe they sung tequila you see that day we were walking to the theatre and a fellow co worker (is that what you are called when you are in daycre? Idgi) got hit by a car and his foot ran over and the lady in the alleyway was like gently caress you kids until our counselor yelled at her I dont think we were coworkers I didnt have a wallet so I would say my fellow playmates got his foot ran over. It was ugly he had to go the hospital and miossed the movie. I left the movie screaming and crying like a baby but what can you say I was like 8 years old at the time and I was more or less a baby innocent to the internet and many things changed after that day.

I am always reminded how much I am scared of that movie because of the clowns but I don't remember it. I went to watch the IT movie since it had clowns too maybe that would csare me I found it did scare me but as an adult I can handle clowns a lot more. I don't really care if you posted a clown here I would just go who cares? I kind of think clowns ruined a lot of parts of my life and the word clown when I type it makes me cringe. Thats what they really need is am ovie that brings a talking pet and a clown together so we can see that there is nothing wrong with appliances talking clowns or being a talking animal. We have a lot of stigma in 2016 to talking animals movies because that Rob guy was in a lot of bad movies with talkkng appliances and staplers or maybe that was a joke from the family guy which turned out to not be very funny 10 years later but I don't watch cartoons since I am an grown adult. The thing about the jungle book is that it isn't a cartoon! Remember when we were kids and we would burn things and hide in the cellar with the spiders and the jars but no one would find us and it was just a big funny game but looking back at it it was never funny to be in a cellar with spiders and no wonder I am scared of the dark. The jungle book does not make you afraid of the dark because there are a lot of things that make you smile. At one point I thought I saw a red panda, IT was not a red panda. It turned out to be a flying squirrel.

At one point I was going to be with a girl but the room mate slammed the door the point of the matter is we had plans to get a flying squirrel and name it Batman. She doesan't know this but I hate batman, I don't think he is a very good superhero and if I see that movie this summer Batman vs superman I really hope that neither of them win and somehow there is a nice agreement on both parties where they decide that it is ok to be different and they can be friends on the internet in chat rooms and play online games like HEroes of the storm and hopefully Overwatch because hoo boy I am one excited cookie for that game. During the whole time I was watching Jungle Book I was imaging where I could put a sentry to take out the hordes of forest denizens because I sometimes get my realities confused such as Overwatch being a computer PC video game developed by Blizzard entertainment and the movie Jungle book a movie about animals lving in harmony with a "man-cub" which is short for the word boy in their world. The red flower [spoiler]firespoiler] turns out to be a big part of the movie like the U HAWALSI virus in that one TV cartoon I watched, they also called it the flower? Doesn't matter. What I want to talk to you about today is the animals in this movie are nothing short of breath taking and make you feel like you are in the jungle. I don't like the jungle but I like to watch other people BE in the jungle! Sometimes you sit on the roof of your house and stare into the night sky wondering what its like to be in the jugnel and then go inside and have a nice cold glass of chocolate milk, a few lightly microwaved (a few seconds at best) bakery cookies, cuddle up with your fake cat because you are not allowed to have a cat anymore so yo uhad to buy a fake one to squealch the sadness of having a real cat and watch a few "bangers" on Discovfery the channel where they hide in the junghle, but you know it was cold a few minutes ago when you were outside. Now you are here cuddling, with fake cat, watching the show on TV. I don't have to be in the jungle to experience the jungle.

And that is what is good about the jungle book. You feel like you are really there. Every waterfall, every screeching hyena, all the mud, glitter, and glam of being in the jungle is lost to the reality of being in a cold theatre but you know these actors and actressses (;) will light the cold fire that goes on in our struggles on that roof top every night.

Thank you and god bless in 2016 friend safe travels this night

I include this image below because it may not have otters in the jungle bookb ut when I utitlize everything.exe and type otter anotterimage.jpg came up and I felt to shar with you not just my writing skills, but my art skiklls.

ENJOYED

Thank you and god bless in 2016 friend safe travels this night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I kept rolling my eyes at the unnecessary fight schlock and "all humans are evil" message that is almost literally burned into the screen.

King Louie was great.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Wicker Man posted:

I kept rolling my eyes at the unnecessary fight schlock and "all humans are evil" message that is almost literally burned into the screen.

King Louie was great.

I was kind of mad at my mom because at the end of the movie shes like I KNEW NO ONE VOICE and im like you didnt recognize christopher walkins? shes like whos that? My mom is the ULTIMATE troll im like all the time I tell her things and then she tells me spicy food gives her nightmares and the cat got c hased home by a raven.

Thats the thing about jungle book, you always feel like if you were there a raven would be chasing you, he is in a lot of danger from that lion always wanting to kill him its a really scary world. Im glad im not in the jungle.

I did think that the king louie (christopher walkens) was awesome and I recognized his voice and was like whoa its that guy from all those MOBY videos :laugh:

I thought Baloo was good but I thought he was that guy from the critic not bill murray so he did a good job of sounding like any actor ever.

What unnecessary fight shlock? The lion was a dick and was just showing why he is king of jthe jungle (thus the "jungle book"). I guess I don't follow
but aren't all humans are evil? do you read google news? Today was a bad day for rapes, murders, and being alive. We need to have a serious talk with our kids about all this dang looting thieving and endangering animals! Its a reall joy im glad you saw the movie friend.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
How would you rate this movie, on a minute-to-minute basis, with recent also Disney smash also animal hit Zootopia? I think minute 47 of Zootopia will be hard to beat, and also minute 103.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Wulfolme posted:

How would you rate this movie, on a minute-to-minute basis, with recent also Disney smash also animal hit Zootopia? I think minute 47 of Zootopia will be hard to beat, and also minute 103.

friend, I would just sound crazy if I broke each minute down because I would do it gimmea copy of the movie and a cat for cuddling maybe some choco milk we'good nigga ill do it lets do it

i dont know those minutes, but let me tell you this I have seen both movies. I saw zootopia the wekened of easter and I saw this movie on april 16th since it was on Saturday that I saw it at 4 PM

what happens at minute 47 and minute 103 they seem like pivotal moments in the story

Zootopia was great, and I liked it but you can't compare thte movie one movie is basically super cute pixar gay baby movie (but im admittedly enjoyed it but th eblood wasnt real in this one) and the other one is basically Citizen kane iin the jungle.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
this is p much my favourite character

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Meowbot posted:

friend, I would just sound crazy if I broke each minute down because I would do it gimmea copy of the movie and a cat for cuddling maybe some choco milk we'good nigga ill do it lets do it

i dont know those minutes, but let me tell you this I have seen both movies. I saw zootopia the wekened of easter and I saw this movie on april 16th since it was on Saturday that I saw it at 4 PM

what happens at minute 47 and minute 103 they seem like pivotal moments in the story

Zootopia was great, and I liked it but you can't compare thte movie one movie is basically super cute pixar gay baby movie (but im admittedly enjoyed it but th eblood wasnt real in this one) and the other one is basically Citizen kane iin the jungle.

OK i meant minute 63 because 1 hour 3 minutes but thats when the fox makes 20 hand signals the rabbit doesn't understand and minute 47 is when the rabbit says "Oh, sweet cheese and crackers."

basically when the rabbit makes a funny face, These are the most pivotal moments in the entire film

well the groundbreaking CGI of jungle book is certainly very important and valid in the progression of Disney with the Disney and the thing is with the do that the stuff that they have to cute fluffy animals making funny faces will always be imperative to Disney to proceed to continue to make with the things that they make

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Is there an actual Jungle Book book or is it just a Jungle Book movie?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

there is a book
it's old

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I watched it last night. I thought it was alright. Not 95% on rotten tomatoes alright, but alright.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

It was an okay movie, I liked their version of "Trust in me" but the "Bear Necessities" version from the credits did nothing for me.

Wicker Man posted:

King Louie was great.

Both of these points as well

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Why do they call it a "live action" version when it's mostly cgi?

Ape Fist posted:

I watched it last night. I thought it was alright. Not 95% on rotten tomatoes alright, but alright.

And this. I also didn't recognize Christopher Walkens's voice because I forgot that he doesn't sound like an exaggerated impersonation of himself.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If you think about it, they're not really talking animals. A lion's vocal chords aren't designed to come anywhere close to the range of a human voice. What you're seeing is a completely new undiscovered species, that looks like a lion but has human vocal chords. Likely a chimera.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Jungle Book with the naked dude and the sand trap was the definitive live action Jungle Book, OP. All others are superfluous.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Ape Fist posted:

Took the kiddos to see it yesterday, they seemed to really like it.

I'd say it was good, but yeah not 95% good.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

criscodisco posted:

If you think about it, they're not really talking animals. A lion's vocal chords aren't designed to come anywhere close to the range of a human voice. What you're seeing is a completely new undiscovered species, that looks like a lion but has human vocal chords. Likely a chimera.

The sooner science allows us to create hyper intelligent talking animals the better. It's a great injustice that humans try to keep other species dumb and subservient as our slaves instead of sharing our unique gift of a common language and advanced minds.

Creating intelligent AI robotic animals like in Blade Runner would also be acceptable I guess, but not as noble as enlightening our less fortunate mammal cousin species.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

error1 posted:

The sooner science allows us to create hyper intelligent talking animals the better. It's a great injustice that humans try to keep other species dumb and subservient as our slaves instead of sharing our unique gift of a common language and advanced minds.

Creating intelligent AI robotic animals like in Blade Runner would also be acceptable I guess, but not as noble as enlightening our less fortunate mammal cousin species.

By that logic why not just give intelligence to everything humans use?

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Airborne Viking posted:

I too want to know this.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Applewhite posted:

I thought we were! Self driving cars, AI picture recognition that can describe the contents of arbitrary photos, personal assistants in your pocket.. the list is getting longer every year.

Give it 10 more years and your computer will be smarter than you!
(Let's hope it doesn't decide to kill everyone)

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I want a world where my suppositories say "it's a living!" before dissolving in my rear end in a top hat.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Baxter posted:

Took the kiddos to see it yesterday, they seemed to really like it.

I'd say it was good, but yeah not 95% good.

You realize that the 95% just means that 95% of the reviews they've found say that it is a good film (meaning like at least a 2.5 out of 4 stars), not that it's a 95/100 quality score?

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

WampaLord posted:

You realize that the 95% just means that 95% of the reviews they've found say that it is a good film (meaning like at least a 2.5 out of 4 stars), not that it's a 95/100 quality score?

You're absolutely right, 95% makes perfect sense

I think I did know that, but failed to process it correctly before press buttan

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Wulfolme posted:

OK i meant minute 63 because 1 hour 3 minutes but thats when the fox makes 20 hand signals the rabbit doesn't understand and minute 47 is when the rabbit says "Oh, sweet cheese and crackers."

basically when the rabbit makes a funny face, These are the most pivotal moments in the entire film

well the groundbreaking CGI of jungle book is certainly very important and valid in the progression of Disney with the Disney and the thing is with the do that the stuff that they have to cute fluffy animals making funny faces will always be imperative to Disney to proceed to continue to make with the things that they make

oh wow I Found one of those "you wouldnt believe what happened when someone watched this video" links on a website and they said ZOOTOPIA CLIP GETS IN TROUBLE and it turns out they were referring to the spoiler scene where the penguin kidnaps them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6C5yxb5HMA&t=58s

this is the part he is talking about, look at her face when she says sweet cheese and crackers ... I hope it is possible to win an emmy or a golden glove by being a talker over animals, because you're right. this is citizen kane stuff. its like rosebud, but with sweet cheese and crackers

good find friend

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

tgere was a jungle book movie book and video game I think there was also lots of stuff according to wikipedia it says the jungle book has been around since the late 1800s! Wow talk about a long time to make a movie LOL

Ape Fist posted:

Due to the way the percentage meter wiorkms on things like cars, my overall desire to be alive, and rotten tomatoes it seems that the meter is mostly broken and not withstanding much truth since people are like hey heres a really lovely movie and bam it gets a high score or a bgood movie gets a low score. But what PERCENTAGE or score would you give it friend? What did you not enjoy about the film vs what did you enjoy about the film. I wish I could meet similar minded people to talk about this movie, because it was easy to understand unlike other difficult movies which are taxing on the mind this one really could be interpreted one way and one way only, lions are bad rear end ><

Worldshatter posted:

It was an okay movie, I liked their version of "Trust in me" but the "Bear Necessities" version from the credits did nothing for me.

Both of these points as well

I thought the part with the bear on the river was the bear necessities and in the credits too which I found weird or was I wrong? I was lookin at the aardvark the whole time during the credits remember when he got up in the lens and licked it omg I was dying. one of my favorite moments of my april 2016 fo sho

Airborne Viking posted:

And this. I also didn't recognize Christopher Walkens's voice because I forgot that he doesn't sound like an exaggerated impersonation of himself.

there did not seem to be that much CG just when there was an animal talking or two but I think they just put peanut butter on their gums like mr ED? no? it was Cg/ if so woaowow they looked even more real than I thought. If I was ever in the jungle I would LOVE It if the animals started talking to me and the mescaline coursing through my veins maybe I could get off this drat rock

thanks I just took a long nap but im awake now to discuss the jungle book if you want to talk about the jungle book

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
They shouldn't have made Kaa a fuckin chick.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

They have, it's called the Internet of Things and your fridge has to pay your circuit breaker bitcoins to keep it from killing everyone in the house by lighting the heaters on fire. it sucks

Meowbot posted:

oh wow I Found one of those "you wouldnt believe what happened when someone watched this video" links on a website and they said ZOOTOPIA CLIP GETS IN TROUBLE and it turns out they were referring to the spoiler scene where the penguin kidnaps them.

quote:

this is the part he is talking about, look at her face when she says sweet cheese and crackers ... I hope it is possible to win an emmy or a golden glove by being a talker over animals, because you're right. this is citizen kane stuff. its like rosebud

quote:

, but with sweet cheese and crackers

good find friend

I KNOWWWWW, RiGHT!?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Doppelganger posted:

At some point I found out there's a weird fetish of the male Kaa, so maybe that was the reason :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Doppelganger posted:

It worked well tbh

• Locked thread