Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
buh?
kill yourself
kill yourself
View Results

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
my friend wakes up every day in a haze and then he shuffles around with his eyes rolled back in his head moaning all day until he can get a "fix" and then he is more fun but also more stumbly until he falls "asleep" in a crumpled heap in the middle of the floor. how can i "help" him without murdering him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
can you make it a checkbox poll

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

can you make it a checkbox poll

i dont think so

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007
Is "your friend's" dad gay?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the best way to get rid of an addiction is to replace it with another addiction. like has your friend ever tried meth?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
check yourself into rehab asap.

gradually succumbing to alcohol is not worth it, even if it does transform you into some kind of weird gbs martyr.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
The only depressant sexier than alcohol is heroin. Make the intro, friend.

Ancelm
Apr 10, 2016

You'll never take me alive, copper!
Try nicotine.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
an alcoholic can stop drinking but they can never stop being an alcoholic, sorry op

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Stop going to the meetings. Hope that helps!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you dont drink so drat much

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
smoke weed instead.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Rutibex posted:

you dont drink so drat much

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

H.H posted:

check yourself into rehab asap.

gradually succumbing to alcohol is not worth it, even if it does transform you into some kind of weird gbs martyr.

This. Also bear in mind that drinking enough to have the shakes and/or be basically constantly drunk, quitting cold turkey can actually be fatal (can cause a seizure). And the end result is likely going to be no drinking ever ever (not for Christmas or birthday or whatever, absolutely zero exceptions), because even drinking a tiny bit can set off the addiction parts of the brain and set off something of a once-you-pop-you-can't-stop effect (which is what is meant when they say "you will always be an alcoholic even if you never drink again"). Serious posting in GBS.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
The real question here is why would you want to stop such a thing? alcoholism is not only harmless but there's a tremendous upside there as well.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Your friend lives in a private hell. You cannot save him.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Illavick posted:

Your friend lives in a private hell. You cannot save him.

i know :(

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"We all have our own private demons" is something my friend often says, but then we usually say "please get out of my house you loving wasteoid"

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Tell "your friend" he's a useless worthless piece of poo poo and then stop being friends with him. Noboby like that deserves a friend OP

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

In my experience you stop drinking and take a bunch of diphenhydramine to sleep. Good luck to your buddy, pal!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

dad gay. so what posted:

please get loving wasteoid

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"something smells good what are you cooking?" we often say to my friend while examining a boiling cauldron on his stove. "beer" is often his reply

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Get one of those "four a day" cigarette machines from Fifth Element, but for alcohol, OP.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Naltrexone

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

"something smells good what are you cooking?" we often say to my friend while examining a boiling cauldron on his stove. "beer" is often his reply

COul be beer brats, best explore further

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

dad gay. so what posted:

my friend wakes up every day in a haze and then he shuffles around with his eyes rolled back in his head moaning all day until he can get a "fix" and then he is more fun but also more stumbly until he falls "asleep" in a crumpled heap in the middle of the floor. how can i "help" him without murdering him?

please don't dox me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Alcoholism is caused by a liver disorder where the liver constantly craves alcohol. Inject him with an experimental serum that tricks his liver into thinking it is always processing alcohol.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
My D&D group has 4 alcoholics (self included) who have all been off booze for some time now. So, the answer is unusual: he must start playing Dungeons & Dragons.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

COul be beer brats, best explore further

based on my experience he is most likely really just boiling beer. :(

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
One does not simply stop.being an alcoholic.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Take him to a hypnotist and have him hypnotized into thinking water is beer, then just tell him the beer in water bottles is better than the kind in cans.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
op maybe he should getin to scientology

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Take him to a hypnotist and have him hypnotized into thinking water is beer, then just tell him the beer in water bottles is better than the kind in cans.

he is too smart for that. his IQ is off the loving charts but soon he will be as dumb as a mule

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think he has stomach cancer too. what an idiot lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

he is too smart for that. his IQ is off the loving charts but soon he will be as dumb as a mule

Inject him with a serum that makes him even smarter. Smart enough to figure out a way to quit drinking.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dza posted:

My D&D group has 4 alcoholics (self included) who have all been off booze for some time now. So, the answer is unusual: he must start playing Dungeons & Dragons.

i've never playd D&D without alcohol. this seems like a bad plan

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Inject him with a serum that makes him even smarter. Smart enough to figure out a way to quit drinking.

i do not have said serum :(

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

i do not have said serum :(

Inject yourself with a serum that makes you smart enough to invent that serum.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
make sure he doesnt get wet brain op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Maybe you can buy a taser and every time you see him take a drink you taser him. This is called a "Skinner Box"

• Locked thread