Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

:siren:oh god not this poo poo again:siren:

It's that time of the year again where this thread is created and fails miserably.

Same rules as always:

- 22 rounds where you will fill up 22 starting positions with any former/current football player.
- No special teams or backups.
- Snake draft; order determined by a computer magic.
- No trades.

The clock is 24 hours per pick. If nothing picked, then the next person can go.

edit: gently caress the regular teams, pick a dead franchise
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_National_Football_League_franchises

Providence Steam Rollers - Atticus Finch
Detroit Heralds - Gyro Zeppeli
Canton Bulldogs - Darth Brooks
Dayton Triangles - ALL-PRO SEXMAN
Buffalo All-Americans - Alter Ego

incompetent fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

24 hours later and nothing. I assume these kind of threads aren't appreciated anymore?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Might be better to put this on ice and wait until after the draft when there's nothing happening.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

I can do that, but I expect people to at least put their names in.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Everytime we do this I just draft DL with my team. Last year I think I had a starting DL of Bruce Smith, John Randle, Warren Sapp and Demarcus Ware it was really cool

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

gently caress it, if you're taking names for after the draft, gimme the Steelers.

I'm going to draft the most wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Also could the window be 24 hours, like the Goon Draft, for the benefit of those who'd get screwed by timezones?

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 19, 2016

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I'll take the 49ers but any of the other 49ers posters can post for me when I am inevitably caught on a plane or traveling for a day.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Also could the window be 24 hours, like the Goon Draft, for the benefit of those who'd get screwed by timezones?

I screwed up on that part. Clock is now 24 hours.

I think you mean two years ago.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think it might be a good idea to bump this after the regular mock draft is done. A lot of guys who might be interested just skim over this because they don't want to sign up for two drafts at once.

e: I know you said you were fine with waiting to do the actual draft, but I'm thinking they might not even click on the thread or whatever.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 20, 2016

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

funny joke idea: get #1 overall and draft the current 2016 cincinnati bengals roster. original do not steal

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I'll take the Broncos unless someone wants to out seniority me for them. but yeah, do this draft later. >_>

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I will take an unclaimed team if there are any whenever this thing starts

Logicblade posted:

I'll take the Broncos unless someone wants to out seniority me for them. but yeah, do this draft later. >_>

Dibs always wins. Enjoy! Just promise me you'll draft our lord and savior Tebow

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I will take an unclaimed team if there are any whenever this thing starts

Dibs always wins. Enjoy! Just promise me you'll draft our lord and savior Tebow

How could I miss out on the greatest fullback of our era?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
First pick should be Jerry Rice, yes?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I have a suggestion. Rather than picking for the current NFL teams, pick for the original franchises of the NFL. It has the novelty of not being done every year, and there are fewer teams so it's more likely to get finished. Besides, who doesn't want to give the Rochester Jeffs a good team after all this time.

Per Wikipedia,

Akron Pros
Decatur Staleys
Buffalo All-Americans
Chicago Cardinals
Rock Island Independents
Dayton Triangles
Rochester Jeffersons
Canton Bulldogs
Detroit Heralds
Cleveland Tigers
Chicago Tigers
Hammond Pros
Columbus Panhandles
Muncie Flyers

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

If there's gonna be like 16 people in this thread and no one else shows up, I'll probably do that.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'll take the Patriots as long as I can draft Tom Brady at every position.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Darth Brooks posted:

I have a suggestion. Rather than picking for the current NFL teams, pick for the original franchises of the NFL. It has the novelty of not being done every year, and there are fewer teams so it's more likely to get finished. Besides, who doesn't want to give the Rochester Jeffs a good team after all this time.

Per Wikipedia,

Akron Pros
Decatur Staleys
Buffalo All-Americans
Chicago Cardinals
Rock Island Independents
Dayton Triangles
Rochester Jeffersons
Canton Bulldogs
Detroit Heralds
Cleveland Tigers
Chicago Tigers
Hammond Pros
Columbus Panhandles
Muncie Flyers

5 Ohio teams :smug:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Darth Brooks posted:

Per Wikipedia,

Akron Pros
Decatur Staleys
Buffalo All-Americans
Chicago Cardinals
Rock Island Independents
Dayton Triangles
Rochester Jeffersons
Canton Bulldogs
Detroit Heralds
Cleveland Tigers
Chicago Tigers
Hammond Pros
Columbus Panhandles
Muncie Flyers
I like this and I call Rock Island.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If we're doing that, I call the Detroit Heralds.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Flikken posted:

5 Ohio teams :smug:

0 rings

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

9 championships from 20-64 for ohio teams.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Changed the team format, 32 teams was definitely not happening.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'll take the Canton Bulldogs. My Madden team plays in Fawcett Stadium, which is in Canton..

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

I'll take the Canton Bulldogs. My Madden team plays in Fawcett Stadium, which is in Canton..
What? Why?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The Hall of Fame game is played in Canton on what is essentially a high end high school field right next to the NFL HOF. It's the first game of the preseason and Madden includes it as an alternative field you can buy in MUT. It's a really relaxed atmosphere. You can see houses in the background and there's a small road that curves past it. You can just about imagine birds chirping in the trees and a couple making out on one of the grass inclines next to the stands.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

The Hall of Fame game is played in Canton on what is essentially a high end high school field right next to the NFL HOF. It's the first game of the preseason and Madden includes it as an alternative field you can buy in MUT. It's a really relaxed atmosphere. You can see houses in the background and there's a small road that curves past it. You can just about imagine birds chirping in the trees and a couple making out on one of the grass inclines next to the stands.

You don't say.....

I'm from Canton

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Flikken posted:

9 championships from 20-64 for ohio teams.

Like all of those are the Browns

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Flikken posted:

You don't say.....

I'm from Canton

That's very cool. Do you want the Bulldogs? I could take a different team.

Also, is as a relaxed atmosphere as I imagine? The stadium looks bigger than the the college nearby where I live.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 25, 2016

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

That's very cool. Do you want the Bulldogs? I could take a different team.

Also, is as a relaxed atmosphere as I imagine? The stadium looks bigger than the the college nearby where I live.

Nah, I'm just poking fun, I was just amazed that someone would use Fawcett Stadium in madden (they are almost done rebuilding it fyi)

Edit: never been, a lot of locals avoid the HoF stuff. The area gets packed, and isn't set up for the volume yet.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 25, 2016

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I was thinking for a high school game.

I love playing Madden using Fawcett. I love that you can see houses and trees in the background rather than Stands and More Stands. I was just looking and saw that they tore it down for Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium. Man, that sucks.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

I was thinking for a high school game.

I love playing Madden using Fawcett. I love that you can see houses and trees in the background rather than Stands and More Stands. I was just looking and saw that they tore it down for Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium. Man, that sucks.

Most of those houses are going to get torn down soon too. The Hall of Fame village program is in full swing. They are aiming for the Draft in the near future.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I know this is a bit later in football history but could I run the LA Chargers so w3 have some west coast representation?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm drafting Timmy Teebs #1 overall all time.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i actually live in rock island tho

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Volkerball posted:

i actually live in rock island tho
If we can revive any dead franchise and not the selected 16, I'll give up Rock Island Independents if I can be the Providence Steam Rollers.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
nah, i'm gonna pass this year. i just wanted to make a rock island joke since i'm probably the only person here who's spent a second in that city.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I will draft Tim Tebow, please and thank you

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ9U4Cbb4wg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Can I still call the Dayton Triangles?

• Locked thread