Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

:hf: Weird that the map on the web site looks exactly like southeastern Australia though.

Sorry if this is a well known thing but I lived in Sydney before Cascadia so it immediately stuck out. :)

edit: also is it safe to assume I can do sidequests etc after the main story with my upgraded character?

Hopefully it's America after the sea levels rose and California was finally obliterated.

Yeah, all the little delivery missions can be done later. There are some story sidequests that are just as long or longer than the main missions, some are required and some just make things easier like for fast travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just finished the story. Fighting those last two sentinels was the only time I really hated the combat. Every other time was ok.

Plot was a huge wet fart at the end, not too horrible by video game standards before that. My expectations were so low that I ended up enjoying myself and might try to do all the side missions. gently caress time trial stuff though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I loved the game, but I thought the last mission was badly designed with regard to both gameplay and narrative.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Just platted the game. To celebrate here are cool pro-click MEC vids

This dude can do acrobatic poo poo that I can only dream of...

Here he speedruns across the entire map

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I sold the game to a goon after seeing how disappointing the side missions were. Definitely was still worth $30 Cdn though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I sold the game to a goon after seeing how disappointing the side missions were. Definitely was still worth $30 Cdn though.

Too bad, man, the premade timetrial dashes are loving cool, some of the best fun I've had with the game. They make you invent special routes through parts of the game that feel familiar on a story level...but normally don't connect during gameplay.

The covert delivery and fragile delivery missions are complete poo poo, tho. At least they're not required for plat. Computer parts aren't required either, thankfully.

Anyways, glad you got your $30 of fun. :)

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

:stare: I always knew there was some cool poo poo you could do in this game if you gave it the time, but some of those tricks/glitches are crazy. I started laughing at the floating glitch. loving art.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Finally picked this up. Any goons wanna compete for times? AgoatU on Origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Agoat posted:

Finally picked this up. Any goons wanna compete for times? AgoatU on Origin.

Don't know my Origin name but keep an eye out for snackytongs.

Enjoy the game. Oh, and it's better with increased FOV and minimized/zero runner vision.

• Locked thread