Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Funniest line of the night?
This poll is closed.
"We're like A Cups. We're real whether you like us or not." -Enzo Amore 151 62.14%
"AJ Styles is gonna try to outwrestle me but that's not gonna work." - Roman Reigns 92 37.86%
Total: 243 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:rip:

:rip:

But one Rotunda has the courage to just keep running...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Man, Raw started to really slog at the end.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wheres the friggin recap op

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
#FreeSlayomi

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Writer Cath posted:

Man, Raw started to really slog at the end.

Crowd was also dead by the end, which didn't help. But, lest we forget, that Raw did give us the one true ship: Dean x The Lunatic Fern.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
VISIT PUERTO RICO
IT'S A PARADISE

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That Raw wasn't BAD IMO but was rather underwhelming and I hate that they're actually gonna try to turn AJ heel against Roman. So loving backwards.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I wish they'd give up on "Stinker" Ambrose

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

New Sharif in Town posted:

VISIT PUERTO RICO
IT'S A PARADISE

I get that it's supposed to be a heel thing but these promos just make me want to go to puerto rico

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

New Sharif in Town posted:

VISIT PUERTO RICO
IT'S A PARADISE

MORE LIKE PROGRESS ISLAND USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlyaVk8PKwQ

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
All I saw was the main event so that was a good raw! Crowd was dead though. That made me sad.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That Raw wasn't BAD IMO but was rather underwhelming and I hate that they're actually gonna try to turn AJ heel against Roman. So loving backwards.

I think they will actually deliver on the non-swerve of AJ having nothing to do with the good brothers attacking people.

Or they will go full bore with a heel Roman and have him be responsible for the attack as a way to try to turn the crowd on AJ.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

I get that it's supposed to be a heel thing but these promos just make me want to go to puerto rico

For real, they are not going to get me to boo beaches and arroz con gandules.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That final hour just dragged on, sadly. I assume that the crowd noise was edited down too?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The way their promo went you couldn't look at Roman and think he's anything but a heel.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

This was a strangely prescient thread title because IRS was just on the E&C Show and delivered the line

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?
I want Roman Reigns to go to Puerto Rico.

I have no idea what this means.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Like AJ wouldn't get cheered more with Gallows and Anderson.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mr Muggy posted:

Hopefully he would stay there and never come back.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Roman Reigns posted:

The way their promo went you couldn't look at Roman and think he's anything but a heel.

I know that but honestly I have no faith in anything after the last week, even "they're totally turning Roman, guys!"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was still a lot better than Raw has been as recently as a few weeks ago but its last hour was real boring.

I don't think they're going to turn AJ heel, I think they're going to have him stay face, have the Bullet Club almost win the match for him, have AJ turn it down and consequently lose to give him something to do/the Bullet Club a way to enter the WWE without just being in the tag division.

Also, it's amazing how much Roman Reigns is an afterthought on Raw since winning the title. He has the belt, he's the guy, he's going to main event the PPV and yet he really isn't actually doing very much.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Also, it's amazing how much Roman Reigns is an afterthought on Raw since winning the title. He has the belt, he's the guy, he's going to main event the PPV and yet he really isn't actually doing very much.

I like this status quo a lot better than the old one.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Bullet club will help Roman win, Roman's the third man, money everywhere spontaneously combusts.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mr Muggy posted:

Getting stabbed in a locker room?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Woodchip posted:

Bullet club will help Roman win, Roman's the third man, money everywhere spontaneously combusts.

That would actually be cool though? They'd actually turn Roman which is smart business, cement AJ as a top five face, and would give Anderson and Gallows loving NUCLEAR heat.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Time to play Things That Are More Over Than Roman Reigns:

A sharpied sign and a shag carpet

A trombone

A box of cereal

A plant

Punk's can of soda

A tag team that has been on WWE programming for less than five minutes

A company run by Nazis that may or may not be buying TNA

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

poo poo, man, I thought Mike Rotunda died for a second.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

CarlCX posted:

That was still a lot better than Raw has been as recently as a few weeks ago but its last hour was real boring.

I don't think they're going to turn AJ heel, I think they're going to have him stay face, have the Bullet Club almost win the match for him, have AJ turn it down and consequently lose to give him something to do/the Bullet Club a way to enter the WWE without just being in the tag division.

Roman "the guy" Reigns isn't doing much because the second he does something, anything, he get's booed. And he doesn't handle the boos well.

WWE higher ups both don'twant Roman booed, and are also hoping that if they keep him off TV then we will forget to boo him.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That would actually be cool though? They'd actually turn Roman which is smart business, cement AJ as a top five face, and would give Anderson and Gallows loving NUCLEAR heat.

AJ shouldn't be a top face, he can't promo and he's 38 with a bad back.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Anderson and Gallows cost AJ the title, form the Roman Empire with Reigns, bring Vickie in to be their manager.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

CarlCX posted:

Not too surprising. In the run-up to WM he was on TV the bare minimum amount of time necessary to promote his match.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
im at crews slater and cole and byron sound like they're doing commentary for the masters

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
crews is really cool except when he's doing anything but cool wrestling moves

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Golashes posted:

im at crews slater and cole and byron sound like they're doing commentary for the masters

https://twitter.com/ReneeYoungWWE/status/722273313062400000

I...Renee...what?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

rofl are they actually going to turn aj styles?? one of their most over faces???

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This would not be cool at all. Pairing Anderson and Gallows with Reigns would be the quickest way to ruin them. The nerd fans that like them from NJPW would hate seeing them teamed with Roman and the stupid fans that still somehow don't have a visceral hatred for Reigns would be all like "who are these jobbers and what is this poo poo?" It would be a truly dismal pairing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

afatwhiteloaf posted:

I said top five. Which is fine. Say they turn Roman. Your top five faces are:

Cena
Rollins
Ambrose
Cesaro/Orton
Styles

That's fine. Good, even. With Sami in the mix too presumably.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

afatwhiteloaf posted:

He is a world-class wrestler and being a top face doesn't mean you have to carry the company. It can mean that you are a top guy for a little while and then go away and do some other poo poo.

I mean that won't happen because WWE, but your reasoning relies on what the definition of a WWE top face is which is not necessarily what a wrestling top face must be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Woodchip posted:

"Awww come on. It's not an old world order. It's not a new world order. It's The World Order."

• Locked thread