Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the only fighting games i play are Smash, and i main Ness

i suppose that means i like Earthbound, which is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i played soul calibur once and i played as the giant lizard dude, if that counts for anything

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Applewhite posted:

My main is Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Lucario in Brawl. What does that say about me, fighting horoscope?
it means you want to gently caress pokemon

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I always pick Fox, unless I'm picking Mario :shepface:
you're a masochist

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i've found that anyone who picks Yoshi in Smash is mentally deficient, as he has no third jump like every other character in the game. bastard just throws eggs as you descend into the abyss.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

Fighting game enthisiasts exist to show us that there is something sadder than MOBA players
MTG enthusiasts?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

for everyone saying smash isn't a fighting game: then what the hell is it?

i'm genuinely curious. you beat the poo poo out of fellow players or CPUs on a single stage. sounds like a fighting game to me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

spud posted:

Party Game for Children
i don't think that is a real genre

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

satanic splash-back posted:

Thanks, guy who is a living caricature of a useless millenial
no problem, homie

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

satanic splash-back posted:

Party games for children is definitely a genre, dude.
it might be, but I've never heard it used before to define a game's genre

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

Who's the guy that does all the rad poo poo in streed fighter?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof5pRAIZmw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

spud posted:

See the poo poo and shallow mini-games in this? Remove the board, expand the roster and move set, there you go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Party
fair point, though i would still consider Smash closer to fighting games than party games like MP

mdm posted:

Alternately Ness because I like the thing where you hit yourself to turn into a rocket of death I lmao every time
:agreed:

• Locked thread