Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Cathode Raymond posted:

If you mention Daikatana three times in a non-Daikatana thread you get a haunted copy of Daikatana added to your computer's startup tasks and you can never get it rid of it. Or so the legend goes.

Is this really a non-Daikatana thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I'm worried. Does the end of Wolf 3D-era games mean an end to the Enemy :regd10: header?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Cacodemons (which are cute and awesome) are basically beholders that look like an astral dreadnought's face. I mean, they look really like an astral dreadnought's face.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

LogicalFallacy posted:

Thank you. I was hoping someone in this thread would recognize my quote.

I recognised it, but I think non-furry shambler is marginally better than cutelightningdeathbear.

Killer bears. Would've liked to have seen that...

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Xarn posted:

What is the current way of playing Doom (2) relatively hassle free on current PCs with Windows 10? I would prefer the engine being pretty close to original, just Win compatible.

I own both games on Steam.
Chocolate Doom tries to be as close to the original as possible. Keeps some rendering glitches in, even. It works a treat. Just turn off vertical mouse movement and wasd your way through hell.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

LogicalFallacy posted:

From what I understand, the billion fireballs gun was originally supposed to just spray a poo poo-ton of projectiles but the rendering software/engine couldn't handle it, and so the way it now works is due to what's left of the code from when that was the plan.

SCARYDARKFAST mentions the original BFG being a kind of Christmas-coloured firehose of projectiles, even more so than the plasma gun. Turns out that did awful things to the frame rate.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Spudd posted:

The Doom movie was spectacular and I'll hear of no one making GBS threads on it
The 24th Chromosome is an amazing piece of writing.

Amazing.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
A good Doom film would be entirely first person with a selfie camera feed at the bottom of the screen. It would also feature cacodemons.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Just use the game sounds. For the doors, too.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Aerdan posted:

...and almost uniformly brown. Not quite poo poo-brown, but the lack of colouration makes it really hard to determine threat levels at a glance. Even the cacodemons (:psyduck:) are brown!
It's a cacaodemon.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
It's basically a really mazey nazi nightclub. Having a water-gun night.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Perhaps the secret nazi experiments are trying to create inklings? It would explain the paint everywhere.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The "problem" with Coffee's voice is that he sounds like he should be the main commentator. I don't mean he's better, it's just the way the audio shakes out. Or he should be doing a voice over for something.

Perhaps a documentary on Sandy Peterson.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Y-Hat posted:

People have commented on Coffee's "Sandy Peterson Cacodemons" cracks every time they show up, but in that one room where there were 8 of them, I gave him a pass. That's blatant.

"This level was designed by Sandy Peterson!"

Doomguy rounds a corner, cacodemons swarm out of the walls.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I actually like Coffee grumbling about Sandy Peterson's love of the most adorable monster. :colbert:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
If john elf heretic is really short, is the next episode set in one of those fancy hamster habitats with all the tubes and domes?

Maybe it's just Hampture.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Romero finally won himself an award.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Pretty sure the third doom 32x level has metroid music for some reason. Not good metroid music, but it feels metroid.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
cake1m1 is very cool

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Nokia Doom RPG was actually good. I also remember Doom 2 RPG, Wolfenstein RPG, and Orcs & Elves being fairly decent.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Clint Doomwood is sweet as hell.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
It's their thing. Pizza and wings. Only at Pizza Plus.

Assuming I doxxed them to the right pizza place. I'm sorry, I had had to hear a bad pizza jingle.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Also because it's doom 3

Which is a fine game, really, but I wouldn't want to rush to it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
25 Years of Doom.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
let's play quite a few years of doom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006