Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I can't speak for how "does this hit" works, but what I can tell you is that you could use the mouse. By default, moving the mouse left and right turned you. Forward and back make you move forwards and backwards, which is why the movement in the video is the way it is (and yes, this did mean you could move at absurd speeds for short periods). Left click fires, right click activates. Hold it down and move the mouse left and right to strafe. I don't think you could bind a dedicated strafe key at the time, but since almost everything is hitscan, I don't know how much use it would've been anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Having a ton of ammo and no yellow key via cheating can be explained: in addition to the commonly known IDDQD and IDFKA, there is also IDFA. It gives you all of the weapons and full ammo, but no keys. Thus IDFA instead of IDKFA. :eng101: