Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

criscodisco posted:

Thieves gonna be sneaking into y'alls bedrooms at night and stealing your wisdom teeth so they can shove em in their gums and get dentist heroin.

to stay relevant in 2016 the tooth fairy must leave heroin under your pillow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
yes I would, heroin isn't dangerous on its own, just in overdose or when contaminated, and I wouldn't want my kid to suffer needlessly

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Overdoses happen when you relapse and try to dose where you left off, so if you just keep using you're good.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the guy is wrong

opiates kill pain AND people, they can do two things

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
empty quote the image spam. woohoo

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
*finds a dead addict*

hmm... he took the entire bottle of pills at once ... and then accidentally wrote a note saying "goodbye gay world" ... chalk it up as another accidental overdose

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

like, would i give them heroin in exchange for treating my wisdom tooth?

there's at least three reasons not to let my child apply surgical pliers to me.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I would emphasize to the dentist how much pain my precious little angel is in so I can eat his pain pills myself.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

the only thing more painful than being a child with an impacted wisdom tooth is being the parent of a child with an impacted wisdom tooth, know what i'm sayin doc?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Okay doc my kids in pain. And the crazy thing is i have 300 other children in the same pain. I coukd only bring this one on my motorbike.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Real talk, I always hear about this "overprescription" crisis meanwhile all I ever get from the doc are some measly-rear end tylenol-3s or maybe some tramadol. WTF!!

My hot tip is get cancer. You'll be rolling in morphine sulfate errr day.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Real talk, I always hear about this "overprescription" crisis meanwhile all I ever get from the doc are some measly-rear end tylenol-3s or maybe some tramadol. WTF!!

my crackhead neighbor back in northwest arkansas had four doctors for her "MS" (neat facts chronic meth abuse can give you MS-like symptoms and at that point your life is over and ruined so doctors kind of roll with it). one in AR, one in MO, one in KS and one in OK. you just doctor-shop small town doctors until you find one that's broke enough to take your money.

and sure as poo poo every month they were 'on a road trip' for the first 3 days of the month and then they'd come home and there would be a 24 hour endless stream of cars visiting their house for the next eight days

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
A lady I worked with years ago was going to a pill mill doctor. She was pretty cool, she was always in a good mood and she could sleep sitting up. At her funeral we all learned that her ponytail was a clip-on.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

criscodisco posted:

A lady I worked with years ago was going to a pill mill doctor. She was pretty cool, she was always in a good mood and she could sleep sitting up. At her funeral we all learned that her ponytail was a clip-on.
Why did you do it

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Yeah, I definitely would if it were prescribed. Research overwhelmingly shows people who take opiates for a brief period of time while experiencing acute pain don't develop an addiction. It also shows that morphine and heroin have near identical effects on people, and that even the people being given it can't tell the difference.

In my painful surgery experience, you can hardly tell you are on oxy. It's obvious because the pain levels get dialed back a bit and you care less than normal, but there's no euphoria. This ad is dumb as heck, especially when it comes to wisdom tooth removal where the dentist gives you like 2 pills. It's not like they're shipping you out of there with a 30 day supply.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 20, 2016

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Khorne posted:

In my painful surgery experience, you can hardly tell you are on oxy. It's obvious because the pain levels get dialed back a bit and you care less than normal, but there's no euphoria. This ad is dumb as heck, especially when it comes to wisdom tooth removal where the dentist gives you like 2 pills. It's not like they're shipping you out of there with a 30 day supply.

Huh.. Im not the only one that oxy doesn't do poo poo for.

But you have a completely different set of docs. I had a doc send me home with a month's worth of Vicodin for a sinus infection. And thats not the dumbest reason I have been given opioid meds.

Did have a doc give me something once that worked. And by worked I mean I sat in a chair and drooled on myself for several hours, would get lucid enough to take the next dose. Had a month worth of that poo poo too. Honestly I think it was his way of apologizing for killing me with a morphine dose in the ER the day before.

So its more where you are at and how irresponsible the doctors are.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Isaac posted:

Why does it seem like doctors give pills out to women so much easier than men.

I go in having a panic attack and get gently caress all. Girl goes in with a cold and walks out with 200 xanax bars

for real, i have a hard time getting anything even for an open fracture but i know plenty of girls who can just ask for whatever they want no problem, gently caress

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Tylenol and asspirin are a loving joke

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
I like it when doctors decide that instead of doing their jobs they should start making moral judgement calls... just give me the loving pills i am in pain you oval office it doesnt even matter if i abuse them or not, i clearly have a loving bone sticking out of my arm

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe this thread or some other thread nurses not giving poo poo to 'seekers' im mever saying i smoke weed again.

It dosent even make sense. I would think i should be trusted more if im being honest. But maybe its also that ive entered the world of chemicals making you high and i know what im in for.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
With heroin you can make some money and getting money makes me feel good maybe we're onto something here with heroin

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mscontin goes for wild prices in melboure and this other chemical reagent called dubs goes for good money to. Theres some way to make it into diamorphine.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is a black lady on that ad. that is really all they need to convince people that medical use of opiates is bad. switch it out for a white lady and people would see it and go "hmm, maybe heroin is what children really need"

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There's a good book on this subject called "Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic" if you're interested in the history of opiate prescription and heroin addiction in America.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Serious Frolicking posted:

there is a black lady on that ad. that is really all they need to convince people that medical use of opiates is bad. switch it out for a white lady and people would see it and go "hmm, maybe heroin is what children really need"

Extremely plausible.

I think if it was a white child id see it and assume it was challenging preconceptions and endorsing heroin.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Would you take heroin from a little child?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

Would you take heroin from a little child?

Yes

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you have the right connections and the nose fir opiaates you can trade them for benzos

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Some of the people in this thread must look shady as hell if their GP/ER doc isn't giving them whatever drugs they want

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Hey doc i got a lil scratch in my throat

Drink a bottle of this codeine every day for 7 days

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Isaac posted:

Hi docter my kid is at home he lost his teeth or whatever i need some herojn

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Twilight Matrix posted:

Some of the people in this thread must look shady as hell if their GP/ER doc isn't giving them whatever drugs they want

I went in for an ear infection and specifically asked for oxycodone and my doctor looked at it went "yep that's infected" and gave me a script for like a weeks worth of pills. My ear didn't even hurt I just wanted them lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Meanwhile this kid i knew ran over his foot with his car in a big scheme to try and get some painkillers from the ER and they gave him ibuprofen and then his insurance provider charged him like 800$ for the visit lol

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Why does it have to be a wisdom tooth? I shoot up with my son every day, it's a real father and son bonding activity.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I used to see this mother-son team always copping together. Son was obese as gently caress they rolled around in a dusty and decrepit 90s minivan covered in sun faded nascar stickers. They must have driven into the city daily from their trailer park. poo poo is no joke.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
The government needs to get the gently caress out of people's medicine cabinets. I've seen my old man who suffers from chronic back pain go through opiate withdrawals twice because docs are scared to up his dosage for breakthrough pain and he ends up short for a few days at the end of the month. I hope I'll never have to treat chronic pain with opiates because I'm terrified of being at the mercy of a doctor more worried about losing their license than treating their patients. The system is hosed up.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Twilight Matrix posted:

"hmm this guy with visible tattoos knows what oxycontin is and asked for something more than ibuprofen for the pain, im going to assume he is an abuser and i will not give him the chance of relief because the chance that he is merely informed because hes been around or dealt with opiate addiction before and is thus much more likely to use them responsibly is literally zero. suffer you scumshit."

this guys job as a doctor is to treat me, not to act as the moral police, so none of this should even matter if there is an obvious ailment for which opiates are prescribed in any other case.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

goatse.cx haver posted:

"hmm this guy with visible tattoos knows what oxycontin is and asked for something more than ibuprofen for the pain, im going to assume he is an abuser

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Malinois posted:

our next national epidemic: horse teeth

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=25279

• Locked thread