Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

Meanwhile this kid i knew ran over his foot with his car in a big scheme to try and get some painkillers from the ER and they gave him ibuprofen and then his insurance provider charged him like 800$ for the visit lol

Lmao

Yah the ER folks deal w drug seeking behavior all day long so that's probably the worst place to try and get narcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Lmao

Yah the ER folks deal w drug seeking behavior all day long so that's probably the worst place to try and get narcs.

Dude could've faked a migraine and got some sweet codeine/barbiturate mix from any gp which is hella nice, but god drat can it gently caress you up.

My mom had to get her knee redone yesterday and we had a mandatory presurgery class to do at the hospital where they discuss the nitty gritty of the surgery, and one of the topics was basically what kind of sweet dope cocktail they were gonna have you on during your stay at the hospital and several people were freaking out about the OxyContin/codeine mix they'd have to take. Like addiction is a serious and real possibility, but they give more of a poo poo about you being able to walk after having one of your major joints torn the gently caress out and replaced than your painkiller dependency post-recovery.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

yeah yeah tattoos are uncool hipster poo poo, but i dont think its good for doctors to judge people based on superficial appearance if they have legitimate health issues, like an arm that bends 90 degrees at a place its not supposed to.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

when i got my wisdom teeth out they sent me home with 30 10mg percocets which is absolutely absurd

it was a great week

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Would you be okay with these ads if you knew it just makes more junkies who are gonna target your house to knock over for skag money? loving obama administration is god damned abortive

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

hemophilia posted:

Would you be okay with these ads if you knew it just makes more junkies who are gonna target your house to knock over for skag money? loving obama administration is god damned abortive

those junkies are already made though

this is about not making new ones

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Goatfather posted:

those junkies are already made though

this is about not making new ones

hmm a noble goal except this isn't gonna do that, and if you can't see the fundamental problem of pushing opioid addicts from pills to whatever the gently caress they can score on the street then lmao

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hemophilia posted:

Stop politicizing my thread n play some video games for Bernie or whatever it is you do

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Stop politicizing my thread n play some video games for Bernie or whatever it is you do

sorry dude you posted about something political

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hemophilia posted:

sorry dude you posted about something political

I think this smear campaign on sweet sweet opiods transcends party lines but whatevs it's all good

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

hemophilia posted:

hmm a noble goal except this isn't gonna do that, and if you can't see the fundamental problem of pushing opioid addicts from pills to whatever the gently caress they can score on the street then lmao

the point is not to create new addicts for stupid reasons by prescribing opiates to back pain and poo poo you dumbass

you don't have to switch to dope to be a junkie

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Goatfather posted:

the point is not to create new addicts for stupid reasons you dumbass

you don't have to switch to dope to be a junkie

nobody doing this understands cause and effect or addiction at all hefte

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
we are in the middle of an opioid epidemic to which there is no clear solution. heroin is everywhere. pills are everywhere. probably the best thing to do is the most politically unfeasible. great job pharm industry!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The Chinese knew how to fix their opium addiction epidemic.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Maybe my kids take heroin to treat the pain of life.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I thought pill abuse was so common that people would know

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Captain you're gonna get probed and it isn't like you haven't for image spamming before young man

I actually don't think I have, please have mercy!!!! :pray:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Thread related, I had a friend who worked in the ER and she had a notorious drug seeker come in and try to get some meds. I don't remember if they turned him away or if he got some ibuprofen or something, but he drove straight home, got his shotgun, drove back to the hospital and blew his brains out in the entryway :(

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

self-medicating with 32000 mgs of lead sounds like a really bad idea

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Yossarian posted:

Thread related, I had a friend who worked in the ER and she had a notorious drug seeker come in and try to get some meds. I don't remember if they turned him away or if he got some ibuprofen or something, but he drove straight home, got his shotgun, drove back to the hospital and blew his brains out in the entryway :(

Lol I'd say he got the last laugh

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Acute pain was the most common reason (87%) opioids were prescribed, but doctors said they prescribe opioid pain medication for many other conditions that the NSC considers inappropriate, including:

72% Chronic back pain
63% Chronic joint pain
55% Dental pain
55% Neuropathic pain
32% Fibromyalgia
28% Chronic headaches

lol they give opiates for fibromyalgia?

isn't that a fake disease that housewives say they have just so they can get drugs? I didn't know that they'd give you the good stuff for something so blatant

the American medical industry is almost as hosed up as our politics.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
sure i'd give my kid heroin for a pain killer. it's not like they would be able to get more of it, sorry timmy your going to have to sweat if off

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

City of Tampa posted:

lol they give opiates for fibromyalgia?

isn't that a fake disease that housewives say they have just so they can get drugs? I didn't know that they'd give you the good stuff for something so blatant

the American medical industry is almost as hosed up as our politics.

The only effective treatment for fibromyalgia is anti depressants lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FlimFlam Imam posted:

The Chinese knew how to fix their opium addiction epidemic.

clearly the opiate problems solution is for america to go to war with england

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I had morphine for dentist reasons twice and didnt get addicted because I abuse alcohol like a responsible adult

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

SurfaceDetail posted:

If only the bored housewives could make this connection.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

SurfaceDetail posted:

I didn't know anti depressants worked on Münchhausen syndrome

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
When I got my wisdom teeth out at 16 all I got was tylenol 3. What a gyp.

I copped some dilaudid and oxycodone when I broke my collar bone though. That was a p fun month waiting for surgery.

Didn't really do much for me anyways, and I had to smoke weed constatnly to deal with the nausea, but get the timing just right (like joint 10 mins after pill) and I was flying.

Also poo poo made me crave coffee like nobody's business

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I take vicodin for chronic back pain that other interventions haven't been effective in making a dent in. Not addicted yet, but here's hoping.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Pain is part of life.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Revenants Return posted:

Pain is part of life.

Can I get a fake prescription for that??

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Zorodius posted:

yes I would, heroin isn't dangerous on its own, just in overdose or when contaminated, and I wouldn't want my kid to suffer needlessly

I too, am clueless

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Revenants Return posted:

I too, am clueless

Heroin is super ok if you're not a retard

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
the meme drug

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
My Drug of Choice was Turned into a Meme by Idiots

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
whats your pain score?

Calmly with no visible agony on face : its *arbitrary number because the idea of a pain score is inherently arbitrary*

Thats a spicy one!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Revenants Return posted:

whats your pain score?

Calmly with no visible agony on face : its *arbitrary number because the idea of a pain score is inherently arbitrary*

Thats a spicy one!

Yah it's almost like pain is entirely subjective

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
While obviously the adds are over the top I do think people need to understand that prescription painkillers are pretty much the same thing as harder drugs they're just more tightly regulated.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

The Goatfather posted:

when i got my wisdom teeth out they sent me home with 30 10mg percocets which is absolutely absurd

it was a great week

Me too except it was more like a great 2.5 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
heroin is probably safer than a lot of the prescription opioids, it just happens to be slightly more addictive (maybe) and is also illegal

• Locked thread