Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
I'm sitting in the waiting room about to get new tires put on my SUV. Over half a grand for some rubber turds. AMA. I got cooper tires. they had options to have white text on the outside of the tire or just black. I went with white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

haha you drive an suv

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i hope they fly off and explode and your car hurls headlong into a bog

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

satanic splash-back posted:

haha you drive an suv

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Revenants Return posted:

I'm sitting in the waiting room about to get new tires put on my SUV. Over half a grand for some rubber turds. AMA. I got cooper tires. they had options to have white text on the outside of the tire or just black. I went with white.

And they take your old tires to be recycled into new ones. So basically they probably pay 20$# /tire. The biggest scam in history since rubber can be endlessly recycled. It's like chewing gum basically

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Lot of hostility so far. does the idea of a practical SUV give you fail flail? do you live in the UK?

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Decebal posted:

And they take your old tires to be recycled into new ones. So basically they probably pay 20$# /tire. The biggest scam in history since rubber can be endlessly recycled. It's like chewing gum basically

Beyond hosed up if true.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Revenants Return posted:

that seems like a lot of money for truck tires, what is the size?

edit: sorry I didn't see the half part of "half a grand" I thought you were paying $1k+. I was gonna call you a soccer mom.

$500 or so is pretty fair if it includes balancing and alignment.

City of Tampa fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 20, 2016

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
What's the size? How much do they charge you for balancing? White walls out is gaudy on an SUV btw.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Sufficient posted:

What's the size? How much do they charge you for balancing? White walls out is gaudy on an SUV btw.

White walls are gaudy on everything built after 1973

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Last time I needed tires I went to Costco. Cant remember how much they cost.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

City of Tampa posted:

that seems like a lot of money for truck tires, what is the size?

edit: sorry I didn't see the half part of "half a grand" I thought you were paying $1k+. I was gonna call you a soccer mom.

$500 or so is pretty fair if it includes balancing and alignment.

balancing and alighnment for coopers . 255/55/16

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

SUVs are gas guzzlers but otherwise are cool and good. Roadtrips are so much more comfy in a SUV than a sedan.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Booblord Zagats posted:

White walls are gaudy on everything built after 1973

They aren't white walls OP. The lettering is just done in white

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

bradzilla posted:

SUVs are gas guzzlers but otherwise are cool and good. Roadtrips are so much more comfy in a SUV than a sedan.

Plus once you get used to being higher over the road if feels weird to be at groudlevel in a car

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Revenants Return posted:

balancing and alighnment for coopers . 255/55/16

yeah that's an OK deal, you aren't getting ripped off.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

City of Tampa posted:

yeah that's an OK deal, you aren't getting ripped off.

I know OP. I aint a bitch. Won the autoshop award in Highschool.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I like SUVs but gently caress me are they expensive to run. My wife's 4Runner needs brakes and it's going to run like 500-600 with me doing all the work myself. That's more than my BMW!

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
update: the guy just came in and said they don't have them with white lettering. The bullshit begins.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

revmoo posted:

I like SUVs but gently caress me are they expensive to run. My wife's 4Runner needs brakes and it's going to run like 500-600 with me doing all the work myself. That's more than my BMW!

Thats hosed up OP. I am psyched for my new tires tho

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Revenants Return posted:

update: the guy just came in and said they don't have them with white lettering. The bullshit begins.

Pretty sure they have markers to DIY that if you really want.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I have a newer Tacoma but a couple years ago I got a 1998 2-door Explorer for $500 (and it even has working A/C) because it's nice to have a beater and it adds like nothing to my insurance. I use it to tow the jetski and I can back it into the saltwater and not even give a poo poo about washing it off or loving up the rear axle.

SUVs rule and it's better for the environment to drive a 20 year old SUV than to buy a new car every few years because making new cars is incredibly destructive to the environment

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I used to be all angsty about SUVs when I was younger and then I realized I actually like having leg room and comfy seats.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
mines a pathfinder OP. It really hits the spot.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Revenants Return posted:

Get ready for the front end reallignment upsell, bro.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
on my last car I called auto palace or whatever for tie rod ends. 25 a pop or something? then called a different auto parts store....4 bucks each. Now what does that tell you? these boys are loving around.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Get ready for the front end reallignment upsell, bro.

I already paid for the alightment because it needs it because the thing bucks like a bitch. I will bet they try balljoints or someth tho.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKekXzEMwxc

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Revenants Return posted:

They aren't white walls OP. The lettering is just done in white

Same diff

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
if they try to sell me an ABS sensor i'm loving done. They sold the gy before me a sensor, not sure if tire pressure or something else, for $65 smh.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
They just pulled my steed onto the lift.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
guy is looking around most curiously. he has a good beard.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

well they don't have them anyways OP.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
he is really taking his sweet time setting the lift up in the right spot. I guess that is a good omen. looking for the perfect jack spot and i'm not talking about your moms bedroom for once.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Revenants Return posted:

Ask if they have any in the back.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
he got it off the ground and shook the front tire around like a madman trying to find the balljoints or whatever were no good. rock solid. :cool: nice try idiot.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
off the ground again. the loving hood is open. What in gods name? are there tires under the hood? what the gently caress does he want?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

revmoo posted:

Wth, what are you buying besides new brake pads?

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
fuckers will rip the whole car apart looking for something to sell. god knows what little plastic parts they're breaking. let me guess they want to sell me a $50 air filter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
It was better when we had horses. At least a horsy would love you and nuzzle your hand for an apple :(

• Locked thread