Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

School Avoidance

you're in the behavioral part of the kids section

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Esophageal Laceration

sounds like you got your throat cut!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Macrophages

something something white blood cells something something

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Has anyone said 420 yet :420:

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Cooommmmeee onnnnnn 386

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Has anyone said 420 yet :420:

yes

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Nadir posted:

Cooommmmeee onnnnnn 386

You almost scored the winning strike in that game of wii bowling, but then you go a Hamstring Strain!

Wki
Dec 12, 2012

Emily's sassy lime.
Cigar? Toss it in a can. It is so tragic.
Pull up, Eva, we're here! Wave! Pull up!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I'm lucky number 1000

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
give me a disease rear end in a top hat

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

gbaby posted:

give me a disease rear end in a top hat

I'm not at work anymore. I'll get you tomorrow

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Sheep-Goats posted:

So in other words it's all correct except for the narrow pulse pressure, gee I wonder how I could check to see if that had been misremembered or not oh wait

Or are you ignorant of the fact that jabbing a needle into the heart often causes dysthymia? Is that your little point of objection?

Or maybe you're really mad that I said diastolic pressure is unimportant in a cast majority of emergency medical conditions which is also obviously true.

Or maybe you're being a pedant about my description of the pericardial sclerosis procedure in one way or another?

In any case quit being a goon.

No I'm a cardiology fellow you loving idiot. I deal with tamponade assessment daily, you know, as a job. If you want to kill someone then loving wait until their pulse pressure flattens out and they code, and ask me to give them constrictive pericarditis by injecting sclerosing agents into the pericardium which is not a thing that is ever done because it would kill a person. Meanwhile don't call me about the guy with cold limbs and a blood pressure of 85/66, he's probably septic and needs a couple boluses because diastolic blood pressures are for IM nerds. If you are involved in emergency medicine then at least read uptodate if you're too lazy to look up aha/ACC guidelines instead of loving googling how to kill a dude and acting a fool.

If you are not actually involved in medicine then whatever it's not a bad understanding of tamponade for a layman but you were talking as if you were someone in emergency medicine who legitimately had a potentially dangerous misunderstanding of how to clinically assess for and treat tamponade.

And before you get your panties in a wad yes, as a palliative procedure in someone with terminal cancer and recurrent tamponade you might, under incredibly rare circumstances, at an institution without access to thoracic surgery, consider pericardial sclerotherapy. In someone you knew was going to be dead within a few months anyway. Because the procedure will ultimately give them constrictive pericarditis, which I will leave you to look up on Wikipedia.

RolandTower fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 26, 2016

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
846, or whichever page has "stress ulcer from suppressing reactions to dumb questions from ED interns."

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

RolandTower posted:

No I'm a cardiology fellow you loving idiot. I deal with tamponade assessment daily, you know, as a job. If you want to kill someone then loving wait until their pulse pressure flattens out and they code, and ask me to give them constrictive pericarditis by injecting sclerosing agents into the pericardium which is not a thing that is ever done because it would kill a person. Meanwhile don't call me about the guy with cold limbs and a blood pressure of 85/66, he's probably septic and needs a couple boluses because diastolic blood pressures are for IM nerds. If you are involved in emergency medicine then at least read uptodate if you're too lazy to look up aha/ACC guidelines instead of loving googling how to kill a dude and acting a fool.

If you are not actually involved in medicine then whatever it's not a bad understanding of tamponade for a layman but you were talking as if you were someone in emergency medicine who legitimately had a potentially dangerous misunderstanding of how to clinically assess for and treat tamponade.

And before you get your panties in a wad yes, as a palliative procedure in someone with terminal cancer and recurrent tamponade you might, under incredibly rare circumstances, at an institution without access to thoracic surgery, consider pericardial sclerotherapy. In someone you knew was going to be dead within a few months anyway. Because the procedure will ultimately give them constrictive pericarditis, which I will leave you to look up on Wikipedia.

Let me summarize all of this for everyone else:

"I want to pick and whine about the timing/utility of one treatment you mentioned while on a tangent and pretend like everything else you said was absolutely incorrect because I got into medicine for ego purposes."

My scope did not involve treating tamponade ever so forgive me if I'm not 100% up to date on the post pericardiocentesis flowchart you read a few months ago. I would, however, have no issue separating it from loving sepsis.

I really appreciate the barrage of high and mighty insulting language over an increasingly small part of my post that you found to pick at (before issuing a disclamer stating that oh yeah actually it does happen like that sometimes a hurr a hurrr BUT NEVERMIND THAT). Must be a real pleasure to work with you.

E: Lol I got promoted to intern

raton fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Apr 26, 2016

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Woah

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
:gary::goonsay::stonk:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
1200 is generally my lucky number. It feels so right and complete.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mashed my numpad randomly for that one to help channel destiny. hope it's not ball cancer.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
also lol @ medical goon slap fight

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

RolandTower posted:

846, or whichever page has "stress ulcer from suppressing reactions to dumb questions from ED interns."

Metabolic acidosis. In your case, it may lead to name calling and a holier-than-thou attitude

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Pneumonia. I hope you don't have anything that might make it worse (like aids)

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Avocados posted:

1200 is generally my lucky number. It feels so right and complete.

Uh... not anymore. You've got prostate cancer.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Arrhythmia posted:

mashed my numpad randomly for that one to help channel destiny. hope it's not ball cancer.

Diverticulitis is in your butt! Luckily most cases are symptomless

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Teehee you have an undescended teste! Luckily it should descend on its own by the time you are six months old

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

I think someone earlier got this. Maybe you shared a bad meal. You have listeriosis.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
All aboard for #1000

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I'll take 1306.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Gross! You've got GERD!

Lay off the coffee and booze

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Gimbal lock posted:

All aboard for #1000

This was already picked, you :nms: right oval office

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Pawn 17 posted:

I'll take 1306.

You got heart disease present before pregnancy

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ChrisHansen posted:

I think someone earlier got this. Maybe you shared a bad meal. You have listeriosis.

Sorry i was reading the tamponade posts lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ChrisHansen posted:

Uh oh. You have a congenital immunodeficiency disorder

I post from inside a big plastic bubble :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy