Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

galahan posted:

I bought this after hearing it praised on here multiple times, I drank it straight up after a few glasses of wine and left my shoes, and phone outside overnight at my buddies, apparently I walked home barefoot and broke his chair.

I remember none of this and my shoulder is bruised and hurt,
Would try again, as soon as I regain my bravery.

Old crow is okay too, I really like bullit rye, but it's kinda expensive.

You're a loving pussy and I don't care what happens to me, telling you this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

galahan posted:

I bought this after hearing it praised on here multiple times, I drank it straight up after a few glasses of wine and left my shoes, and phone outside overnight at my buddies, apparently I walked home barefoot and broke his chair.

I remember none of this and my shoulder is bruised and hurt,
Would try again, as soon as I regain my bravery.

Old crow is okay too, I really like bullit rye, but it's kinda expensive.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect him to be calling you too soon

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yes.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Old Overholt is really the only cheap rye on the market that is available just about anywhere. Fortunately it is good drink at a reasonable price.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Evan Williams actually pre dates Jack Daniels.

It's great for such a cheap price. Great mixer, passable on the rocks with a dash of bitters. Keep some around for old fashioneds.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.

fyodor posted:

Evan Williams
Old Crow
Old Grandad

gently caress out of here with anything else

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

evan williams so good

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Toasty posted:

Rebel Yell

You're welcome

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

evan williams isn't cheap. none of these suggestions for cheap whiskey are actually cheap. this is the only whiskey I can think of that even qualifies as cheap:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Prettz posted:

evan williams isn't cheap. none of these suggestions for cheap whiskey are actually cheap. this is the only whiskey I can think of that even qualifies as cheap:

That looks like a bottle of urine.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That looks like a bottle of urine.
And? Unlike all of the previous clowns' suggestions it's actually cheap (for whiskey).

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Monarch

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

The Dregs posted:

Why the hell you guys would want to drink a cheaper version of Jack Daniels is beyond me. poo poo is nasty. Get yourself some JimBeam. It's still great even if it's owned by the Japanese now.

Also Seagram's is good.
Jack Daniels has only succeeded on the back of its strong marketing campaign, it tastes like hobo balls and is inferior to the cheaper Evan Williams - a fine poor man's whiskey. Jim Beam isn't great but will do in a pinch. Seagrams lacks character but very cheap and very drinkable.

The only bottle of Old Crow I ever bought I dumped 90% of it down the sink, poo poo was rough.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Gray Matter posted:

Jack Daniels has only succeeded on the back of its strong marketing campaign, it tastes like hobo balls and is inferior to the cheaper Evan Williams - a fine poor man's whiskey. Jim Beam isn't great but will do in a pinch. Seagrams lacks character but very cheap and very drinkable.

The only bottle of Old Crow I ever bought I dumped 90% of it down the sink, poo poo was rough.
Wow, you REALLY hate whiskey. Why not just lead with that statement.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Spring for the Ancient Ancient Age. It's worth the extra buck.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

VendaGoat posted:

You're a loving pussy and I don't care what happens to me, telling you this.

The Tao Jones posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect him to be calling you too soon

We are going camping together this weekend, I don't drink every day, he does, and I might just be the best friend he has so...

Yeah I blacked out on wild turkey 101 a few months ago too, this never seems to happen after 18-30 beers, I need to sip it in a glass or start mixing, I'm getting too old for out of the bottle directly.

Pussies don't walk up 2 extremely steep hills barefoot instead of napping on the couch.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Prettz posted:

Wow, you REALLY hate whiskey. Why not just lead with that statement.
On the contrary, I love whiskey. I just usually drink middling brands like Wild Turkey or Bushmill's. Seagram's 7 if I'm feeling cheap. I will forever stand by JD being poo poo.

DJ_Rimshot
Feb 24, 2014
I am partial to Rebel Yell

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Buffalo Trace - maybe not dirt cheap but they've always got it for around $28 at my local shop and for that price its great

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Old Overholt is a nice rye whiskey priced below its quality

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Jack Daniels is perfectly respectable if simple for its price. And I'm a guy that never buys or even orders it.

If you wanna talk rotgut, that'd be my beloved Black Velvet or LTD.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It's like $14 a handle and will make you real hosed up and angry

i once drank canadian club at a wedding and killed everyone at the wedding then i ate everyone at the wedding and this is the first anyone's heard of it

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Black . loving. Velvet

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
rittenhouse, old overholt

that's it

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Throwing my hat in for Evan Williams. I consider cheap whiskey anything under $15 a bottle.

McCormick might be the worst.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
http://recenteats.blogspot.com/p/the-complete-list-of-american-whiskey.html

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
This is the best cheap whiskey when considering taste, drinkability, abv, and the hangover-factor:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

mix ranch with a cup of listerine like ur dad did and his dad before him and ur mom while she was having u

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Yeah but it's like $11.99 for a 1.75!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Throwing my hat in for Evan Williams. I consider cheap whiskey anything under $15 a bottle.

Read the fine print on the bottle sometime. It's not whiskey, it's "grain alcohol with whiskey flavoring"

e: McCormick's that is; Evan Williams is decent

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 24, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

Read the fine print on the bottle sometime. It's not whiskey, it's "grain alcohol with whiskey flavoring"

afaik it's like 40% whiskey and 60% grain alcohol, or at least that's what the label said when I would buy it years ago.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
As a retail slave who is stuck in the Kafkaesque nightmare of liquor store management I'm going to have to agree with Evan Williams black as the best cheap whiskey.

Seagram's 7 is a neutral spirit blend, by the way. Not actually whiskey.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

jarofpiss posted:

you drink cheap whiskey because life is too long

also this:

Sticky posted:

Evan Williams Bottled in Bond
there's more of this poo poo in me, by volume, than there is blood

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

MC Hawking posted:

As a retail slave who is stuck in the Kafkaesque nightmare of liquor store management I'm going to have to agree with Evan Williams black as the best cheap whiskey.

Seagram's 7 is a neutral spirit blend, by the way. Not actually whiskey.

managment? Moving on up to a deluxe apartment in the sky.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Hi vendagoat we should hangout again I miss your puns. :)

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Airborne Viking posted:

They add caramel colouring to basically all whiskeys, so I've become very forgiving of a whisky's colour.

straight bourbon is not allowed to have caramel coloring in it

also the correct answer for this thread is four roses yellow label

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

MC Hawking posted:

Hi vendagoat we should hangout again I miss your puns. :)

You Misskey? :kiddo:

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
just about as retarded as you'd think
someone way up said that evan williams is jack daniels with a different label, but that is wrong because jack daniels is severely bad

also lol if you spend more than $20 on bourbon ever

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
evan williams is a heaven hill product, jack daniels is brown forman. they are not even from the same state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Foo Diddley posted:

Any "Blended Whiskey" is mostly cheap vodka and food coloring, with I think the last 20% being actual bourbon whiskey because it's the number required by law before you can't use the word whiskey. Kentucky Gentleman is 51/49, I think, so it can call itself Bourbon Whiskey instead of Blended.

• Locked thread