Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Black Velvet Reserve is my go to cheap bottle. But it's gotta be the reserve, regular old BV is meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Old Overholt is really the only cheap rye on the market that is available just about anywhere. Fortunately it is good drink at a reasonable price.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Tato posted:

Spring for the Ancient Ancient Age. It's worth the extra buck.
Do they make Ancient Ancient Age anymore? I thought they dropped that one, and if they do still make it it's hard to find compared to the regular AA.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Mix it with some ginger ale and bitters or just shut the gently caress up and drink it straight. Ice optional.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Not even regular cola lol.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Bitters are basic equipment for any dedicated drinker dude. I'm not sure how good a substitute ginger beer is for ginger ale in a whiskey ginger but I bet you could make it work in a pinch. God speed drunk goon.

Pro tip Walmart sells bitters for hella cheap.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Don't ever drink Fireball.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Good scotch starts at around $40 for anything single malt, anything cheaper that isn't blended is probably underwhelming. As for workable blended scotches Ballentines and White Horse are good bets on a budget.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Rebel Yell is a good cheap bottle and gently caress you if you disagree.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Lol there have been a dozen good to great bottles of inexpensive whiskey suggested in this thread and still there are goonlords trying to defend the terrible gimmick liquor that tastes like someone distilled a box of hot tamales in antifreeze.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Cedar Ridge is not cheap by a long shot nor is impressive in any way given its price. Just an average "me too" craft offering. We all know you drink Hawkeye Whiskey from the plastic jug anyhow Jastiger.

fat bossy gerbil fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 28, 2016

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

What even has age statements these days outside of the top shelf these days though? If you want to pay for something old thats worth what they charge you shouldn't be drinking whiskey anyhow. Rum and gin are the choice of the wise budget drinker these days but sometimes there's no getting around the fact that it's a whiskey night.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Spiced rum is awful but I'll be damned if it doesn't go down perfect with some coke. I'm amazed I'm even typing right now.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Thank god Old Overholt is good because there are basically no other cheap and readily available rye options out there.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

We should just change this into a general booze thread, I think we have moved past its original theme.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Canadian whiskey is great for mixing and very reasonably priced. Black Velvet Reserve is one of the best bottles you can score for <$15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

The 101 is the only WT worth drinking. If you think otherwise you are a lesser person.

• Locked thread