Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I've always liked Evan Williams. It's at the sweet spot where it's good enough to drink straight, but also cheap enough that I don't mind mixing it with something.

Actually, it's hardly more expensive than the cheap crap where mixing is mandatory.

OctoberBlues posted:

Ah here it is

The color of that is... off. Whiskey shouldn't be grapefruit-colored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sheep-Goats posted:

Lots of more flavorful hard liquors you can't really taste if you drink them at a speed that keeps the alcohol from getting obnoxious. Generally a little water makes this possible. In the case where making it cold also makes it harder to taste the booze there is another option other than ice.

In general most cocktails are around 20-10% alcohol by the time they're done. This is pretty much optimal. There's nothing wrong with mixing down the ABV.

Yeah, I used to really like good scotch (when I could afford it) and that's something you add water too, so you can appreciate all the flavors without having it all replaced by the taste and burn of alcohol. It only takes a splash, really.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Prettz posted:

evan williams isn't cheap. none of these suggestions for cheap whiskey are actually cheap. this is the only whiskey I can think of that even qualifies as cheap:

That looks like a bottle of urine.

• Locked thread