Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyLeeKyOT
Sep 28, 2015
i'm a literal fucking piece of shit who calls the cops on poor people just so i can stuff my and my wife's fat fucking faces with whataburger!!!!!!!! if you see me on the street please kick my ass!!!!
My friend and I are in a debate. He basically social engineers and lies to people online in order for them to purchase a legit service. He profits from this, is this fraud if he didn't force anyone to buy anything, he didn't steal their information, what they purchased was a legitimate service. The customer gets the service, but was given false promises.. basically he just lies to get the sale. Legal or Not? He's a dick, I hope the FBI knocks his door in lol....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
get in the jail

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i have no idea sorry im not a law scientist

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a lawyer aND I'll answer your question but only after you explain the origin of your avatar

WhyLeeKyOT
Sep 28, 2015
i'm a literal fucking piece of shit who calls the cops on poor people just so i can stuff my and my wife's fat fucking faces with whataburger!!!!!!!! if you see me on the street please kick my ass!!!!
It was given to me by a nice admin for being a stellar citizen of Awful....

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

WhyLeeKyOT posted:

My friend and I are in a debate. He basically social engineers and lies to people online in order for them to purchase a legit service. He profits from this, is this fraud if he didn't force anyone to buy anything, he didn't steal their information, what they purchased was a legitimate service. The customer gets the service, but was given false promises.. basically he just lies to get the sale. Legal or Not? He's a dick, I hope the FBI knocks his door in lol....

You need to kick him in the nut sack for me please, and yes it is fraud and you should call the cops just like you did on that nice man at the whataburger

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
being a cam girl with a secret penis is fraud, yes

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

You should call the cops to help you find your balls.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

WhyLeeKyOT posted:

It was given to me by a nice admin for being a stellar citizen of Awful....

tell your wife to PM me

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
A mummy put a cure on me and the only way for it to be removed is if you buy these helpful services.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Not prosecutable ~= legal.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know OP.

Is THIS legal?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
That's being a salesperson, it's this thing called a "job"

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRT62J80iyI

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Op we know you don't have friends, what did you buy?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Dave_Indeed posted:

I don't know OP.

Is THIS legal?

what you jerk it to in private is your business IMO

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Nap Ghost

WhyLeeKyOT posted:

If they provide the service, gently caress you! Welcome to the Free Market!

WhyLeeKyOT
Sep 28, 2015
I fell for the craigslist VIN scam where they give you a link, I run a VIN report and they make a commission..... Is that illegal, they lied about coming to see the car and blocked me after I paid. I'm stupid I know, but is that fraud?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
you appear to have taken a long posting absence after the last time people made fun of you and i would encourage you to take another

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

WhyLeeKyOT posted:

I fell for the craigslist VIN scam where they give you a link, I run a VIN report and they make a commission..... Is that illegal, they lied about coming to see the car and blocked me after I paid. I'm stupid I know, but is that fraud?

You would call the company paying the commissions and tell them to give you your money back because clearly their scheme is designed for abuse, and if they give you a problem you'd tell them you are filing a chargeback. I doubt it's fraud because what if the guy changed his mind and did not want the car? How could you prove that? Maybe technically fraud, I don't know.

The important thing here is you linking us to the post that got you that av.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Nap Ghost

whoflungpoop posted:

you appear to have taken a long posting absence after the last time people made fun of you and i would encourage you to take another

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Melmac posted:

The important thing here is you linking us to the post that got you that av.

WhyLeeKyOT posted:

So the town over is an affluent town. MINIMUM house value being about $400,000. It's not near a large city so seeing a panhandler is very rare (Very rare meaning never) .We were on a street in front of a grocery store and the line was backed up all the way to Whataburger. Probably 30 cars deep. My wife and I were talking about maybe being a wreck up at the 4 way stop or something. Well, we get to the 4 way stop and this Indian guy was standing near the stop sign, his wife and 2 kids are sitting out near him in the grass. The sign says "I lost my job and have 2 kids, please help". My wife and I went to lunch, but I mentioned I wanted to park and see how many cars were giving to this guy. Turns out the backup were cars stopping and giving him money. I would say literally 80% of cars were giving him paper money. I ended up calling the police non emergency line on him because it's against city ordinance to panhandle and this guy was pissing me off. I counted 10 now hiring signs on my way home. He could be home writing his resume and sending it off. He could be looking for a part time job to get by while working full-time..... whatever, I just didn't think what he was doing was right. 2 cops showed up and we watched for 20 minutes as they checked ID's and talked. We finally left and the cops were still there. So, am I going to hell? Should I mind my own business next time?

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
Godamn if the bait in this thread isn't thick

WhyLeeKyOT
Sep 28, 2015
Let the roasting beginnnn!!!....... *eats popcorn*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Nap Ghost

No way am I gonna read that.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

No way am I gonna read that.

It's just a novel about a guy calling the cops on a panhandler. OP is probably my boss, he talks for long periods of time saying the same two drat things over and over.

I'm going to snap kick that turd in the spine and take a poo poo in his mouth some day.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Nap Ghost

Dave_Indeed posted:

It's just a novel about a guy calling the cops on a panhandler. OP is probably my boss, he talks for long periods of time saying the same two drat things over and over.

I'm going to snap kick that turd in the spine and take a poo poo in his mouth some day.

That sounds like an awful novel.

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
that homeless native guy should have gone home to work on his resume

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
"Homeless" guy has a good racket going on, we'd all be so lucky to have that well lubed of a grifting operation. Most of us have to show up 40hrs a week and pretend to work to get paid.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

:wow:

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
lol you literally called the cops on a guy asking for money and got pissed people were giving him money.

Be like that indian guy and go outside without internet.

edit: how fat is your wife?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

WhyLeeKyOT posted:

Let the roasting beginnnn!!!....... *eats popcorn*

you're just not very good at trolling. anyone can make someone else laugh in cringy disbelief at some bit of awkwardness

and if i wanted that idve asked you for dick pics

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Is OP talking about Star Citizen?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dave_Indeed posted:

I don't know OP.

Is THIS legal?

gotta do what you gotta do man

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

That sounds like an awful novel.

Oh it was just terrible, Mumpy Puffinz.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

vyst posted:

Is OP talking about Star Citizen?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Good man. Keep the streets clean.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Nondescript Van posted:

edit: how fat is your wife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

how much did that indian guy make teachin that dog to gently caress birds?

5? 10 grand?

• Locked thread