Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

VoLaTiLe posted:

So what did Chyna die of I have been assuming its something hosed up as its such a young age to go and she has some obvious mental health issues.

She was a major player in the attitude era alot of people not just wrestling fans know her.

RIP Chyna

Common assumption is OD. I don't think that's been confirmed yet. She had a tonne of issues, had been in and out of rehab multiple times. Just recently she'd missed a convention she'd meant to go to but I don't think anyone suspected this.

EDIT: To confirm, she didn't miss it because she died, I was trying to say I don't think anyone suspected she was going to die and relapsed that badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coroner said it was an OD but whether it was accidental or intentional has yet to be determined

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I long for a world where wrestlers dying young isn't a regular occurrence. RIP.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

we're having an influx of wrestlers dying way too young and it's really depressing. i obviously never knew chyna but all sources seem to indicate she had a lot of demons and was a really troubled person in general and i hope if nothing else that she's finally at peace. :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SerenaDeeb/status/723183524195377155

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

VoLaTiLe posted:

So what did Chyna die of I have been assuming its something hosed up as its such a young age to go and she has some obvious mental health issues.

She was a major player in the attitude era alot of people not just wrestling fans know her.

RIP Chyna

An article I read mentioned she'd been on meds for anxiety and sleep deprivation, so probably an OD. Though, she could've been 'supplimenting' with other drugs or alcohol and the thing went fatal, or she could've said 'screw it' and gobbled them all down.

But then again, in my experience some docs/pharmacists aren't all that competent when it comes to 'oh hey, will these different meds interact and mess you up severely?!'

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Baron Corbyn posted:

God, The Guardian is insufferably middle class. The first "normal person" thing that wrestlers can't do that came to his mind was seriously buying loving almond milk?

What if he's lactose intolerant

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

coroner said it was an OD but whether it was accidental or intentional has yet to be determined

She was taking a lot of supplements, which people in MMA can tell you there's not a whole lot of regulation and controls over that stuff right now. Mix it with a sleeping aid, anti-depressants, and time, you could end up with an accidental death.

Or she got crossways on her meds and decided to die hosed up.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ChrisRiddle/status/723663902387625984

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Onmi posted:

It's always sad when a wrestler dies.

eh, my reaction to Chyna's death was "that sounds about right"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

so when this documentary drops we have our official most disgusting promotional tactic locked in

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Chromatic posted:

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN DONT BRING THAT UP AGAIN

EVER

You say this and if you're talking about the same Patton I think you are, his wife died today.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
That avatar is clearly not Patton Oswalt, man. It's Mike Patton from Faith No More.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

:stare: uhh no thanks?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

yeah the whole world can't wait to hear this guy's reaction to finding his friend's corpse

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What a piece of loving poo poo.
She was 46 not 45. It's called fact checking rear end in a top hat

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

LadyPictureShow posted:

An article I read mentioned she'd been on meds for anxiety and sleep deprivation, so probably an OD. Though, she could've been 'supplimenting' with other drugs or alcohol and the thing went fatal, or she could've said 'screw it' and gobbled them all down.

But then again, in my experience some docs/pharmacists aren't all that competent when it comes to 'oh hey, will these different meds interact and mess you up severely?!'

coconono posted:

She was taking a lot of supplements, which people in MMA can tell you there's not a whole lot of regulation and controls over that stuff right now. Mix it with a sleeping aid, anti-depressants, and time, you could end up with an accidental death.

Or she got crossways on her meds and decided to die hosed up.

If TCC has taught me anything, it's that some of the popular prescription sleep aids make it terrifyingly easy to accidentally do things in a total fugue, including taking your sleeping med again thinking you hadn't already :sigh:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

the yeti posted:

including taking your sleeping med again thinking you hadn't already :sigh:

My dad is worried about doing this, so he always keeps a single pill of his sleep aid in a bottle next to his bed. That way, if he forgets if he took it, he just checks the bottle. If it's not there, he took it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Why

Just....
Why

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

the yeti posted:

If TCC has taught me anything, it's that some of the popular prescription sleep aids make it terrifyingly easy to accidentally do things in a total fugue, including taking your sleeping med again thinking you hadn't already :sigh:

I could really see that happening with Chyna if you watched her Youtube videos she was really drowsy and disorientated waking up in the morning.

Also from various accounts she was dealing with being bipolar and/or multiple personality disorder.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

the yeti posted:

Last year my psych prescribed me a med called trazodone as a sleep aid. Said if one pill didn't work, take a second one. Didn't put me to sleep, just messed me up. That, plus taking Lexapro and Welbutrin for depression/anxiety triggered a rare thing called Serotonin syndrome (basically the combo of SSRIs like, overloaded the Serotonin in my system). By the time I wound up in the hospital, the only symptoms I didn't have were seizures and death. Didn't even really realize what was happening because two symptoms were addled thinking and hallucinations.

So, yeah, depending on what combo of medications she was taking, I can understand that even if she was taking them all as prescribed, there could have been a nasty interaction (the possibility of which her prescribing doctor may have overlooked/ignored because it was rare or unlikely).

Would be even shittier if that turns out to be the case, rather than like Heath Ledger just straight up ODing on Rx meds.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
She uploaded a video a few days before she died and she was obviously completely wasted.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Liquid Communism posted:

You say this and if you're talking about the same Patton I think you are, his wife died today.

AMReese posted:

That avatar is clearly not Patton Oswalt, man. It's Mike Patton from Faith No More.

But that kind of poo poo that actually fits a monkey's paw. You crazy people mentioning it too much willed it into existence.

oh yeah rip chyna

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

He supposedly loved to use the n word.

breaking news: white guy from long island uses the n word on a regular basis

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

super macho dude posted:

breaking news: white guy from long island uses the n word on a regular basis

Zack Ryder Is A Good Man

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

RBX posted:

Of course she's going in the hall and they're gonna honor her. It's the right think and y'all are crazy if you think they won't
They need to defuse all the possible controversy by paying Jeff Jarrett $350,000 to come back for one night and induct her.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

LadyPictureShow posted:

Serotonin syndrome

:stonk: is the face I made when I saw that phrase; I'm glad you pulled through dude

LadyPictureShow posted:

So, yeah, depending on what combo of medications she was taking, I can understand that even if she was taking them all as prescribed, there could have been a nasty interaction (the possibility of which her prescribing doctor may have overlooked/ignored because it was rare or unlikely).

Yeah, overlooked, ignored, or been outright ignorant of; GPs inexpertly prescribe mental health meds all the time.

the yeti fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 24, 2016

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skinty McEdger posted:

This would have been during the time when Brutus was married to his first wife, who he then buried and demonized during a promo on one of the first Raws for running off with another man and not showing enough loyalty to him and marriage. gently caress Brutus.

Is that the awesome moment where during a lull in his promo, a fan can clearly be heard yelling, "Kill yourself!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

LadyPictureShow posted:

Last year my psych prescribed me a med called trazodone as a sleep aid. Said if one pill didn't work, take a second one. Didn't put me to sleep, just messed me up.

I'm curious how it "messed you up". Was it due to the other meds you were taking or did you have problems with it on its own? I'm asking because I take it and nothing else.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

sticklefifer posted:

I'm curious how it "messed you up". Was it due to the other meds you were taking or did you have problems with it on its own? I'm asking because I take it and nothing else.

The combination with the other meds. And with messed me up, at first it was just at night, having weird dreams/thinking I was hearing things. I thought it was just because I was in that half-awake/half-asleep state, but then I started getting hand tremors (I shook that off at first because Effexor caused that for me) developed vomiting/diahhrea. By that point I had a few days til a psych appointment, but like I said I'd occasionally go into these addled thinking states and would hallucinate (that there was acid everywhere, that there was an evil force living in my closet, etc.). The last few symptoms ramped up pretty quickly after the slow burn of the feeling groggy/unwell and a little uncoordinated. I remember seeing my psych and telling him I needed to get off the trazadone on a Tuesday afternoon. Next thing I knew I woke up in the ER that night because in the midst of a hallucination that people were trying to chase me out of my apt, I had gone outside, was running up and down my block and beaned myself on a lamppost.

Despite my concerns about it being related to the new med combined with my other meds was ignored by the hospital staff because the Drs kept saying I had 'the worst case of alcohol withdrawal they'd ever seen' and 'not to lie or try to make excuses'.

So, no, Trazadone alone won't do it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

LadyPictureShow posted:

The combination with the other meds. And with messed me up, at first it was just at night, having weird dreams/thinking I was hearing things. I thought it was just because I was in that half-awake/half-asleep state, but then I started getting hand tremors (I shook that off at first because Effexor caused that for me) developed vomiting/diahhrea. By that point I had a few days til a psych appointment, but like I said I'd occasionally go into these addled thinking states and would hallucinate (that there was acid everywhere, that there was an evil force living in my closet, etc.). The last few symptoms ramped up pretty quickly after the slow burn of the feeling groggy/unwell and a little uncoordinated. I remember seeing my psych and telling him I needed to get off the trazadone on a Tuesday afternoon. Next thing I knew I woke up in the ER that night because in the midst of a hallucination that people were trying to chase me out of my apt, I had gone outside, was running up and down my block and beaned myself on a lamppost.

Despite my concerns about it being related to the new med combined with my other meds was ignored by the hospital staff because the Drs kept saying I had 'the worst case of alcohol withdrawal they'd ever seen' and 'not to lie or try to make excuses'.

So, no, Trazadone alone won't do it.

gently caress those staff running if they're treating a patient on psych meds and their go-to is 'clearly this person is an alcoholic'.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm pretty sure emergency room doctors deliberately gave my ex-girlfriend medicine she'd told them she was allergic to (she'd had it before and it caused severe nausea) because they thought she was an addict trying to get free drugs. (I took her to the ER for severe pain following a LEEP procedure.)

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

whiteyfats posted:

Is that the awesome moment where during a lull in his promo, a fan can clearly be heard yelling, "Kill yourself!"

Yes. Yes it is. The first time I heard that I thought the fan was my internal monologue.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Since it's been asked twice, here's the moment/promo in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2lDXfdafwQ
(at about 4:30)

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
The "tribute" video on raw was some low effort poo poo. Lets just chuck in some stills of her and show people's tweets

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I dunno how you do a proper tribute to Chyna if you are WWE. Even if it was the big long Roddy Piper video package with the inspirational music it'd come off as totally disingenuous

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

They acknowledged it and that's all you could really see them doing if im honest they did more than i expected.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shoehead posted:

I dunno how you do a proper tribute to Chyna if you are WWE. Even if it was the big long Roddy Piper video package with the inspirational music it'd come off as totally disingenuous

Yeah which is why I really can't imagine them inducting her into the HoF in any way except just making a brief mention and graphic that she's in it. There's no way they're gonna draw that much attention to the awful things that were going on between them and there's no way they can do it in a way that won't make them look bad

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skinty McEdger posted:

Yes. Yes it is. The first time I heard that I thought the fan was my internal monologue.

12 year old me thought that was the funniest thing ever.

Edit: I was 13.

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
It becomes a bit difficult to show Chyna footage without raising ire by showing too many inter-gender matches and the kinds of things they had Chyna do.

• Locked thread