Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I don't know why the CW didn't just make The Division: The TV Show, instead of remaking a Belgian TV series. It's essentially the same thing, and they would have had some added name recognition. Maybe Ubisoft didn't want to sell the tv rights. Or maybe it was just easier to rewrite an already written script. I dunno how close this was to the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gawain The Blind posted:

I don't know why the CW didn't just make The Division: The TV Show

At least a show about government-sanctioned vigilantes mowing down crowds of disaster victims poors and browns would've been engaging, this has just turned into a slog.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Yeah I keep l wishing for the finale. I half expected the mom to die since the romance blossomed but it was unexpectedly brutal, but unfortunately protracted.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I stopped watching after 3 or 4 episodes. Looks like I made the right move.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Yeah, I’m with you guys. My wife teaches a high school class that focuses on English as it relates to the sciences (stuff like The Time Machine and The Martian) and one of the books she teaches is The Hot Zone.

She was so pumped for this show and for weeks it was our “watch it the night it airs” show. But it’s turned into a bit of a slog and now with Scream back on the air this series is piling up on the DVR. We’ll burn through it one weekend because we’ve come this far, but every time we see a “next week” bumper we both go “it’s not over yet?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Josh Lyman posted:

I stopped watching after 3 or 4 episodes. Looks like I made the right move.

I stopped after about that many, but it's one of those shows where I didn't intentionally stop watching, I just kind of completely forgot about it. The last episode I watched (I don't even remember which one) was just really boring and I guess I gave up.

• Locked thread