Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Skyrim:

Paralyze is a spell and weapon effect that does exactly what you think. Creatures are frozen in place and fall over for the duration and have to right themselves once it wears off.
It's incredibly powerful to keep the more dangerous foes at bay while you go kill their minions.

A quirk with the spell is that affected creatures maintain their momentum and will often go rear end-over-head if they were in a sprint.

One handed swords have a power attack where they reel in and then spin, hitting everyone around them.
If you paralyze an enemy doing this move at just the right time, there is a good chance that the game will spazz out and the enemy will fly off like a helicopter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CordlessPen posted:

This might not be 100% accurate since I haven't played this game in a decade, but in the underrated Psi-Ops for PS2, there were 2 ways to get psi power back from enemies : from dead enemies, which worked all the time but only gave a bit of power back, and from live enemies, which only worked from the back but gave much more and killed them in the process.

However, if you telekinesised an enemy toward you, he'd become "unaware" of you while getting back up and you'd be able to suck them dry as if you'd sneaked up behind them. This way, you could get rid of all the regular enemies and never ever run out of psi juice to burn the bigger enemies to death.

Made the game even more awesome.

I felt like such a teenage genius when I fell upon that exploit.
That game was so fun. I replayed the boss fights I don't know how many times.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, I'm 200 hours of playing Fallout 4 and have not touched a single drug.

Now with the War on The Commonwealth mod, I may need to.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

C-Euro posted:

drat, I never thought of that.

Not super-broken but the other day I remembered the rocket launcher trick in Link's Awakening. Put bombs on one item slot and the bow on the other one, then use both at the same time to launch explosive arrows.

If you are in the water temple with the Roc's Feather and the Pegasus Boots but NOT the flippers yet, you can launch yourself to an area surrounded by water and have no way of getting back.
It's the only time in a Zelda game that I had to completely restart :negative:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yes, thank you. I didn't give all the details. It killed me as a kid.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bust me if you will but I will only come back a shittier poster than you could imagine.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

theshim posted:

In Fable, the main way you leveled up was by stacking your combat multiplier. The more consecutive hits you could land without getting hit back, the larger the bonus grew, which multiplied all exp you received.

There were two things about this. The first was the spell Physical Shield, which made you take damage from mana instead of life while active (and you didn't regenerate mana). One important thing that the game did not tell you about it was the fact that while active, getting hit did not decrease your combat multiplier, nor would you get stunned or knocked back.

The second was that the game had a few rare potions that just gave you a large chunk of exp of one of the three types (str/dex/magic basically). However, the combat multiplier, while active, multiplied all exp received. You could go beat up a bunch of enemies (there's an arena a ways into the game that is perfect for getting huge chains) and then pop these potions and be able to cap out nearly everything super early. :black101:

That shield, the silver unique axe and the graveyard with the never ending (and weak to silver) zombies maxed me out right there.

CrimsonAuthor posted:

What? When you save and quit you're sent back to the dungeon entrance.

There's a permanently unwinnable condition possible if you use the boot-feather jump over the water then use a key there. They might be talking about that?

e: Also from personal experience, don't use the screen warp glitch in the bird temple. The wrecking ball may become unrecoverable and also force a complete restart. (The screen warp can break the game hilariously in both good and bad ways)
[/quote]

Yep, that's what I was referring to. Someone linked a wiki on it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Quest is such a joke of a game that I tried so hard to love.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mister Adequate posted:

Am I high or is the protagonist of Quest 64 really called Brian?

Makes me want to make an epic RPG spanning a whole galaxy and the protagonist is named Steven.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's funny though: I've never played an RPG where the player character wasn't called PENUS.

Fallout 4 let's you name yourself Fuckface and Codsworth, your fancy robot butler will say your name at every opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My second (BECAUSE OF COURSE THE FIRST WAS MY OWN DUMB NAME) was CherryBomb and was a great Punch-Lady that Codsworth totally had a crush on.

• Locked thread