Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Inzombiac posted:

If you are in the water temple with the Roc's Feather and the Pegasus Boots but NOT the flippers yet, you can launch yourself to an area surrounded by water and have no way of getting back.
It's the only time in a Zelda game that I had to completely restart :negative:

How did this force you to restart? Drown yourself until you're dead and it spawns you at the beginning of the dungeon.

Here's my story of being forced to restart a Zelda game:

The original gray cart run of Link's Awakening had a trick where if you mashed Select to bring up the map during a screen transition you would end up on the new screen in your old position - that is, it would essentially "launch" you across the screen. If the tile you ended up on was normally a wall you could just walk into the screen edge again (repeating the trick if necessary) and zip past all kinds of puzzles and poo poo. Another side effect was using it in caves - caves aren't arranged in the game data based on location on the map, so you could warp through cave walls (if the cave was big enough for a screen transition) and pop up in a cave halfway across the overworld for an easy shortcut.

One day, I was exploring the game world this way when I landed in the cave holding the Lens of Truth, the end of the trading game in Link's Awakening. Excited, I grabbed it and saved my game....immediately before realizing that because the cave was only one screen, I couldn't warp out of it, and because I hadn't actually completed the trading game yet, it didn't have an exit to leave. I had to completely restart, which was painful since I was very near the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread