Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Mister Adequate posted:

I always thought a sci-fi themed racer like Wipeout or Rollcage should have a track which warps around the equator of Mars or something and it's a Le Mans style endurance race.

Why the equator and not a meridian? Roughly the same distance, and in non-dead planets you can get a huge variety of environments.

Wanamingo posted:

It's just fun to completely break the game within its own rules without resorting to "outside" methods like the console. It's the difference between gaming the system versus outright cheating.

There's also the fact that you get a big feedback loop of ever-growing numbers, so it's a cookie clicker skinner box on steroids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Here's the one that killed my game. Somewhere around 3/4 of the way through Twilight Princess there's a room with a big cannon that you unlock to get to the next area. The game really telegraphs that it's a huge scene change coming up since it explicitly tells you it's the next area and you unlock access to the cannon after doing a whole ton of stuff. So, naturally, it's a good place to save and quit if you've been playing for a couple hours. The problem? Once you reload that save, the person you need to talk to to progress to the next area doesn't spawn. You load in that room both from saves and death, teleporting is impossible, the exits are impassable, and there's no way to clip your way out (for a casual player at least, don't know for sure about pixel-perfect speedrunners). Meaning you're stuck in that room forever, and the save is essentially corrupted, really deep in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnb5d9uHh5I

• Locked thread