Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Parallax Scroll posted:

how short of a time frame are we talking about here

Your bookie wants paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mozi posted:

if only we had a flat tax!

End the Fed! End the Fed!

Dey Turk or Jerbs!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hey ladies....

I just have WAAAAAAAAAAY too much money. If only I had a reason to spend it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Vacation Tenzin posted:

*runs through the street with 8 $50 bills USD singing "I've got $400 dollars! I've got $400 dollars!" like that scene in Wayne's World*

I'm poor as hell tho but at least I'm better than these Poors with houses and cars and poo poo. Take THAT.

*pulls gun on you* I'll take that.

Now I have 400$ dollars!

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

Idiots. $400 is what, 8 johns? I could turn that many tricks in an evening.

ANd eight hours of fun too it seems!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Presumably the question being asked was prefaced with "if you couldn't use money you already have" but they just didn't say that in the final statement because it's not as attention grabbing.

So wait.

This hypothetical is prefaced by, "If you had no money, could you afford 400 dollars?"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
If you were ejected into the cold dead emptiness of space, could you breathe?

A fair and balanced question, asked by astute journalists.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

thathonkey posted:

Im trying to imagine a life where im both a multimillionaire and still post on sa forums ... hrmm

It's ok, once you're a Billionaire, you're allowed to register again.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

There are a lot of safe houses that could use that money to support women who are fleeing their abusive partners

Charity? What am I? A poor?!?!

BWAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHH!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Absolute Lithops posted:

Maybe vendagoat's Pennsylvanian

I could also just be a huge idiot.

Or both!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

EugeneJ posted:

I don't think people realize that if they make $25,000/month that they don't have to spend $25,000/month

HORSESHIT!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Germstore posted:

It's true. People will work and work until finally they finally make enough to be in a comfortable financial situation. They can save money and relax on a nice financial cushion, but they don't. They buy a goddamned boat.

I have many data points of opinion on this.

All in agreement with the statement.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

naem posted:

If I earned $25,000 a month id live on $25,000 that year

In 3 years you could buy an annuity for a million dollars that would pay you $70k a year for life

But dude.....

A BOAT!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

naem posted:

You could work for 5 years then and buy a $100,000 boat and live on it with your $70k a year for free forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

When I moved to Denver I packed everything I could in my grand prix and drove out here. Most of my crap I gave to goodwill, some I brought over to my parents house back in my hometown, but I have been here 9 months now and don't miss any of it. Turns out you basically don't need anything to live and be happy.

Shut up. HIPPY!

• Locked thread