Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Huh, I never knew Sid put his problem with CA quite like that. I only ever knew he didn't like it. Seems less like the action portion can't work and more that the action portion should have been more like Doorkickers instead of...well, what it was. Of course, there are a lot of other problems with the action game, namely that it is insanely overpowered, so it's probably silly to suggest that the remedy is simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Dammit Coolguye, get your stuff together. Is she the black widow?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that's because we FLLLYYYY HIIIIIGGGGHHHHH

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

each plot has one 'major agent' that actually performs the crime at hand. so like in the kidnapping crime, it's the black widow/kidnapper, for example. if you can turn that agent before they perform their job (or you confiscate the macguffin, forcing them to perform their job again), they will still be 'functional' but will never actually go perform their intended duty. this kills the plot while not tipping off the rest of the team, so unless they're scripted to go into hiding after doing their job once (like an organizer) you'll have all the time in the world to arrest or turn the entire crime ring.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

THIS IS WHAT I PUT UP WITH EVERY DAY, PEOPLE

EVERY

GODDAMN

DAY

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that's basically the covert action experience in general

Adbot