Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It seems like it'd only be a problem if you were trying to remember the 'wire intercept' names and pictures that don't get added to dossiers. They're usually red herrings so I don't bother with them, even if they can nab you the mastermind really early. :shrug:

e: Actually I know I've forgotten which city I needed to find a location at from computers quite a few times. But that seems less of a problem with having games within games, and more not having access to your clues during combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Domus posted:

What happens if you 'google' for mastermind?

Nothing. However searching for just 'a' will always bring up the mastermind.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

I will try it out (I fly home tomorrow), but if it's true I suspect it's because the mastermind would default to "Agent A" while unknown in all cases, so searching for "a" is considered by the game to be searching for "Agent A", thus giving you intel on the mastermind.

Yeah, that's what I assumed too.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Domus posted:

I...:psyduck:...why would computers from a non CIA agency use the same codename style, let alone the same codename, that the CIA does? That seems crazy. So I assume you can search for any other letter of agent too. Because of course it's the same across all agencies, including illegal ones.

Why would a terrorist organisation leave one letter of its passwords on stickynotes attached to each of their computers?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

You've already arrested the mercenaries' mastermind, so it wouldn't have been them. Guessing it's Dignity Bttn.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

What a modern remake of this game needs, is the nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor with enemy agents carrying across different missions.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Crazy Achmed posted:

Just chiming in to say that I am enjoying the hell out of this LP as well, even got the game myself to give it a try and it's amazingly fun (although the action-minigame controls are pretty clunky). I wish I'd found out about it sooner!

Are there any tips you can summarise for new players? I've picked up a bunch from watching you, but what are the rules of thumb on how to maximise the number of enemy agents you arrest (who to nab first, when to wait)?

Once you start getting repeats of missions you'll figure out quickly which ones you can nab without stopping the plan. Organisers, 'initiated plan' and 'contacted parties' usually do their jobs really quickly so you can usually grab them without breaking the plot.

I usually try to get as much evidence on everyone as soon as possible and then wait for each person to do their part of the job before grabbing them, and then scrambling to arrest the last guy before he can actually pull off the plot.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 18, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Now that you have the mastermind's photo you don't have to bum around Tel Aviv, you can just look up what group they are in the manual like it were some type of rudimentary copy-protection. :downs:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

There was actually an organisation called Direct Action (Action directe) in real life, the manual has this to say about them.

:eng101:

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 28, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

The paragraph breaks are punctuated with whiffs.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

The Other, Other Case of the Prison Visitor Pass

I'm glad I put in effort because WhiskeyWhiskers didn't chime in to help.

Teach a man to fish and he'll still be ungrateful. :colbert:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

She should really ditch the hat, because any secret spy with access to the manual knows which organisation she's with. :colbert:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

God I hope they don't take over an island.

:golfclap:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Pvt.Scott posted:

That wouldn't be the first time Jim Jones was involved in the assassination of an American official.

IDGI :(

Williethepenisland.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

The country is Colombia, not Columbia. Home to your other favourite mistake, Bogota.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Mine is posting before watching the rest of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Sword of the Samurai's another good microprose minigame game.

• Locked thread