Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

CirclMastr posted:

The mission: arrest all 26 masterminds.

Well, getting a freebie by starting on the lowest difficulty definitely helps! That's one of the pacing issues, the game is about twice as long as it could be because it's so hard to nail down the masterminds until you get a clue in the case's denouement. One interesting thing is that they always have the same name, so on a replay you can take advantage of presumably psychic powers to start using computers as soon as a name you recognize pops up.

I don't actually think the game is as disjointed as Meier made it out to be. I was 12 when I played it first and never had a problem keeping things straight (granted, I mostly played National with a few cases in Regional so they weren't as complicated). Generally if you're breaking in it's to do one thing, whether that's bag the suspect, borrow their computers, etc. and then you're back to planning your next move. If the idea is more that the break-ins are too important and it was meant to be a "first among equals" of 4 minigames, well, unless you added functionality that a wiretap let you call in a hit squad or something, I don't see how breaking in could ever not be the most important one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread