Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
just loving vandalize the car dude. put some gnarly poo poo in his gas tank. thats the only way you will ever stop this.

in other words grow some drat balls and quit being a bitch rear end middle aged white guy about the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I remember your thread from a few years ago about this matter, I sympathize with you.

Why not just go knock on his door every night? That's not illegal. Say you want to ask how to best grow roses or ask for tips on how to best mow the lawn.

Alternatively, make the neighborhood a Ragnarok of loud music at night. Set up speakers that blast death metal blaring into his yard or something. Everyone will wake up and be furious, but everyone will be at your side as the mob gathers.

An annoying exhaust like that makes a lot of low frequency noise, and you can forget about locking out that unless you completely encase your house in concret and insulation.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

RandomCheese posted:

Get your neighbours to chip in and buy the cheapest, loudest vehicle you can afford and then set up a roster system so that everyone takes turns at getting up at 5am or whatever time constitutes too-drat-early for the ricer dude and just flog the hell out of that engine for an hour each morning until he gets the message or just moves away.

Uh, 5am is when he wakes up, obviously. Which is why your car alarm should go off at 11 or midnight every night. Whoops lol!

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Despite all the power it seems to have a hard time making it up the ramp and he has to rev the poo poo out of his stupid jeep just to make it out.

He does that deliberately because of the reverb in the garage entrance. Any ricer worth his salt will reflexively gun it in any sort of tunnel or overpass, and I'm sure he's no exception.

TheDeviousOne
Sep 11, 2001
I will take video with my phone next time. I might also buy the cheap decibel meter from Amazon.

Yes, I made a thread about this a year or so ago. I thought the issue was resolved as he didn't drive the car for a long time. I know at that time, he got numerous tickets. I assumed it was done being an issue. If he was still driving it, it was not in the morning or night. However, he's at it again.

I'm not going to vandalize it. I just don't want to lose anymore sleep over it. Because it was asked, it's not lovely because it's a Japanese car, rather, as far as Japanese cars go, it's particularly lovely with dents and cheesy rims and mis-matched fenders, and the wheels have tons of negative camber. As in, when you look at the car from the front, the wheels are not vertical, they are sloping inwards, toward the center of the car.

Full disclosure: the past week, I have been starting work by 6am, so I haven't been home to know when he was leaving. My wife has told me that she will call the police if she ever hears the car starting before 7, but I think he's on some weird Thurs-Sat work schedule or something. I suspect I'll know more in a couple days.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah the whole getting tickets thing seemed to work in the past, so just do it again.

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
Since you're too frail to throw a brick are you able to find someone who can do it for you?

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Why would the OP vandalize the car? He has to live next to this person. Presumably, they own this house and so do the neighbors.

How could you not see that vandalism against a direct neighbor is a bad idea?

TheDeviousOne
Sep 11, 2001

Kritzkrieg Kop posted:

Since you're too frail to throw a brick are you able to find someone who can do it for you?

I would love to shove potatoes into the muffler, smash all of the windows with bricks, buy a $200 full-sized van and drive it at 40 mph into the back of this parked car - but I'm not going to do this because I live next to this guy for the foreseeable future. I am not willing to risk whatever retaliation he might do when he suspects it was me.

Also he and his wife have a total of 3 kids, something like 9, 4, and under 2 years of age. The car must be waking them when he starts it, so it's mind-boggling that the wife allows it.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

TheDeviousOne posted:

Also he and his wife have a total of 3 kids, something like 9, 4, and under 2 years of age. The car must be waking them when he starts it, so it's mind-boggling that the wife allows it.
Everybody I've ever lived near who had a perpetually barking dog, I've thought... I live next door and it drives me insane. How could anyone live in that house and not yell at the loving dog?

And yet... nothing.

Stupid people have a huge tolerance for noise.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

photomikey posted:

Everybody I've ever lived near who had a perpetually barking dog, I've thought... I live next door and it drives me insane. How could anyone live in that house and not yell at the loving dog?

And yet... nothing.

Stupid people have a huge tolerance for noise.

sometimes they do. then you've got a barking dog and a redneck yelling at a dog all day

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Volume posted:

yeah, I'm not letting some lovely 7 foot fence stop me

Ahhaaaha

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

johnny sack posted:

Why would the OP vandalize the car? He has to live next to this person. Presumably, they own this house and so do the neighbors.

How could you not see that vandalism against a direct neighbor is a bad idea?

That's why you vandalise it somewhere else as I suggested.
OP get your wife to do this she is probably less of a bitch than you.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
start going to bed earlier so you can get up at 5am too and hit the gym or anything more productive than complaining for years

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
can you tell me how you told your neighbor that you were willing to pay for the dealership to convert his muffler to stock. I'm having a hard time picturing that.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

Revenants Return posted:

can you tell me how you told your neighbor that you were willing to pay for the dealership to convert his muffler to stock. I'm having a hard time picturing that.

with a smile and a nervous non-confrontational grin

then he muttered angrily while walking back to his garage when dude shot that idea down

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Revenants Return posted:

Probably looking at his shoes and mumbling a bunch.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Revenants Return posted:

Registered mail through the post office.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

photomikey posted:

This is not true. Cops will lead you to believe it's true, but it's not. The DA (not the cops) needs evidence to prosecute the case. There are lots of ways to get that evidence including video recording, audio meters, and eyewitnesses. There is probably a community liaison officer for your area (your local PD probably calls them something different) who can help you with this. If not, call the DA's office and start asking questions. Call your councilperson's office, this is literally the kind of thing they do everyday. Call the mayor's office.

Look up the law. If the guy isn't violating the law, go back to bed and be annoyed. If he is, be a pain in the rear end until the city gets after him.

A 7' wooden fence will do basically nothing.

This guy is totally correct, money spent on a fence is better spent on a lawyer to hassle him into giving it up. Get your neighbors to chip in.

That being said, acoustics are weird and you might be able to do something, but you would need someone who knows about this poo poo, so like an studio engineer, to figure it out for you.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Also I am getting older and am still on the side of loud car guy. I like getting up early and loud pipes, so its a win-win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There is probably a part of the car that is easy to borrow so that it no longer starts. Maybe the cylinder head?

• Locked thread