Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
This was a 10 minute drive from my grandma!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

poo poo that's nearly eleven minutes!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I hope she stays safe

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

that about wraps it up close and :gas:

No, 5 and goldmine.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Goon's Grandma goes on grotesque shooting spree!

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Dreddout posted:

Goon's Grandma goes on grotesque shooting spree!

she's nearly there!

*is in bathroom with poo poo on pants*

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

oh bless my heart

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Wow

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

hi I live in pike county

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Man Whore posted:

hi I live in pike county

What uppp Clermont here

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Lets go find the shoter

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

No, I am nice and safe in my waverly home and I will be pointing many guns at the door until I know its safe.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Man Whore posted:

hi I live in pike county

hello neighbor. ross county here

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

chiming in from la brea tar pits where i'm all sticky and feeling really old but you can still find a bone if you look hard

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Yeah I have a pizza on the way anyways

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I always wanted America to start noticing rural communities but not like this :negative:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Worth pointing out that no children were killed, just 7 adults and 1 teen, and judging by the circumstances they likely had it coming.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I got my money on drugs, which is a p big problem around here.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Maybe the teen and friend were ganged up on by 7 drug crazed adults and had to defend themselve.s

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Lime Tonics posted:

at least four children were still alive and removed from the homes, including two babies.

Why would you leave the babies alive? They are loving annoying and you aren't even allowed to shake them anymore to shut them up.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I'm going with jealous spouse/ ex/ fiance

Ultimo Hombre
Jul 26, 2015

Anderron Shi posted:

This was a 10 minute drive from my grandma!

Stay safe goon's grandma

Pike county, probably drugs I'd imagine. Heroin seems to be what those crazy southern Ohio kids are all hopped up on these days.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

you'd think with how many guns america has, somebody would have shot them

its like, you only seem to get the mass murderers and none of the vigilantes saving the day, where are these "good guys with a gun" that i always hear about from america? They never do anything.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Fonzarelli posted:

you'd think with how many guns america has, somebody would have shot them

its like, you only seem to get the mass murderers and none of the vigilantes saving the day, where are these "good guys with a gun" that i always hear about from america? They never do anything.

If a shooting happens in a forest and no one is around to hear it, can a vigilante save the day?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its insensitive to the victims of gun violence to talk about gun control in this country within 72 hours of a gun crime occurring in this country

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Man Whore posted:

If a shooting happens in a forest and no one is around to hear it, can a vigilante save the day?

only if dick cheney is there, then its a clean headshot

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

This is a vigilante killing. The "family annihilator(s)" left only the young and innocent.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Man Whore posted:

I got my money on drugs, which is a p big problem around here.

Yeah, that seems to be the motive.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/04/chris-dana-frankie-rhoden-family-photos-pictures-pike-county-killing-suspect/

I don't know what I would do if drug hitmen people were after me.

edit : Unconfirmed sources said 3 or 4 shooters involved. No one still knows anything.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

whenever i think about vigilantes helping out I think of the part in Point Break where the fat gently caress in the bank pulls out his gun and everybody gets killed and all hell breaks loose

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
those people got pwnd lol

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
8 people spread among three different places is like 2 people and change (midget? child? w/e) -- almost too discriminate to warrant the stretching of a term that means an indiscriminate killing of people in a single place over a single time period!!!

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

not even Ohio is safe from the long arm of the mexican cartels. Trump 2016

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

God drat who do you piss off so badly that they kill not just you but your entire loving family tree?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

The cartel thing was a joke but apparently they have been in Ohio for a while.
http://www.businessinsider.com/man-with-alleged-ties-to-the-sinaloa-cartel-arrested-in-ohio-2015-11
So mystery solved I guess.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

935 posted:

God drat who do you piss off so badly that they kill not just you but your entire loving family tree?

Tuco Salamanca

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I heard one of them cartel dudes had a guy killed for talking poo poo about him on the Internet. Like they carved his forum name on his chest and drew his avatar in blood on the street where they left him.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

gently caress the cartel they can suck my dick, Also I really hate comic sans and if someone were to write my forums name into my flesh in comic sans it would be the worst thing to happen to me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Is there a thread about that comic yet? its weird as gently caress and has some of the best reaction/word buble pics?

Man Whore posted:

http://www.businessinsider.com/man-with-alleged-ties-to-the-sinaloa-cartel-arrested-in-ohio-2015-11

If it was a cartel hit, it would end up all over the news and that cartel would probaly be hosed.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

the word right now is that a whole family in 3 different locations were targeted by 2-4 shooters and shot execution style which sounds p cartely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Man Whore posted:

Sinaloa Cartel is in Ohio? This I did not expect.

quote:

For those who have been following the opiate epidemic in the US, the appearance of a suspected Sinaloa Cartel affiliate in a small city in Ohio is not a surprise.

"What this bust shows is that the larger Mexican cartels, which for a long time ignored heroin as a revenue generator, have in the last few years figured out the new market that exists in the US," Sam Quinones, an investigative journalist focused on the opiate epidemic, wrote on his blog Wednesday.

Heroin use in the US has grown exponentially in recent years. According to The Washington Post, authorities estimate that there are between 435,000 and 1.5 million heroin users in the US. Between 2007 and 2013, the number of users of the drug in the US nearly doubled, according to Insight Crime.

The rise in heroin use is generally thought to be driven by the widespread prescription — and subsequent abuse — of opiate painkillers in the 1990s and early 2000s. When the prescription-painkiller crisis became apparent, the US government cracked down, leading to fewer but more expensive prescription painkillers on the street.

"The cost of prescription opioid has become so excessive that users are turning to heroin when they can't get or can't afford their drug of choice," Ted Cicero, a professor of psychiatry at Washington University in St. Louis and an opiate-use researcher, told Business Insider in a recent interview.

Real interesting article.

• Locked thread