Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Ohio finally leads the nation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Imagine, just imagine, being dumb enough to gently caress with the sinaloa cartel

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Interesting. What is arkansas doing to have zero heroin deaths.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Everyone who lives in Arkansas is just a paid actor hired by the Arkansas tourist board.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Helical Nightmares posted:

Sinaloa Cartel is in Ohio? This I did not expect.

Real interesting article.

Oh poo poo heaps of people are hooked on prescription pain pills. I know lets ban them now the problem is fixed forever

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There's a mass shooting in Georgia now. gently caress the world.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Robo Reagan posted:

buy a gun without telling her and then youll have a gun and she wont so there's nothing she can make you do

This has been the most popular response from anyone I've discussed the matter with. Thanks

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

CharlesM posted:

There's a mass shooting in Georgia now. gently caress the world.

Lady Liberty Sighed As She Dual-Wielded Mass Shootings.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Officials say all the victims were members of the Rhoden family.

I know folks want to label this a mass shooting but it's sounding like "These people hosed with the local drug dealers" or something. A little different than what you'd normally picture.

If someone is systematically wiping out an entire family, pretty sure they'd found a way with or without a gun.

satanic splash-back posted:

This is a vigilante killing. The "family annihilator(s)" left only the young and innocent.

At this point I do want to know who the hell they pissed off and what this was over. The more I read the more this sounds like something even more personal than a normal cartel hit. I mean Goddamn, there's no way this was just a random shooting.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 23, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It was Prince.
Covering his tracks post humus.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Network Pesci posted:

I heard one of them cartel dudes had a guy killed for talking poo poo about him on the Internet. Like they carved his forum name on his chest and drew his avatar in blood on the street where they left him.

dont gently caress wit fyad

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Man Whore posted:

Ohio finally leads the nation!

This explains why every mile of Ohio interstate has a sign that says "report drug trafficking"

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!
A few locals are saying its related to dog fighting, which usually has connections to drugs as well. There was a huge federal level bust of a dog fighting ring last week, with the ringleader of it living just 50 miles from Piketon near Cinncy.

http://www.fox19.com/story/6285285/dog-fighting-ring-centered-around-tri-state-man

Makes me wonder if the ringleader thought the Piketon people were cooperating witnesses or could become witnesses.

Looking at the FB profiles of the victims they are your typical gun loving, black hating, muslim hating, confederate flag displaying, grandma at 37 rural Ohio family. The ringleader of the dog fighting group was a black guy, which is the weird overlap in this disgusting world of dogfighting and betting. The two main groups involved in dog fighting tend to be urban and black or rural white rednecks.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Seriously, don't do drugs kids.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

BunnySkull posted:

Looking at the FB profiles of the victims they are your typical gun loving, black hating, muslim hating, confederate flag displaying, grandma at 37 rural Ohio family. The ringleader of the dog fighting group was a black guy, which is the weird overlap in this disgusting world of dogfighting and betting. The two main groups involved in dog fighting tend to be urban and black or rural white rednecks.

well i guess this isnt a big loss then

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

BunnySkull posted:

A few locals are saying its related to dog fighting, which usually has connections to drugs as well. There was a huge federal level bust of a dog fighting ring last week, with the ringleader of it living just 50 miles from Piketon near Cinncy.

http://www.fox19.com/story/6285285/dog-fighting-ring-centered-around-tri-state-man

Makes me wonder if the ringleader thought the Piketon people were cooperating witnesses or could become witnesses.

that article is from 2007 so I doubt it has any bearing on this

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

BunnySkull posted:

There was a huge federal level bust of a dog fighting ring last week, with the ringleader of it living just 50 miles from Piketon near Cinncy.

Last week lol

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

These cartels man, they are some real clever businessmen. You see what happens when we go into South America and start training anti-communist right wing death squads? Now they're coming north! We need to set up a new School of the Americas, or whatever it's called, but get this: it's in Canada, and they're communists or something, since no one cares about those anymore outside of D&D, and we train them as anti-fascist and also cartel death squads.

When the war is over, we politely ask them to go back to Canada, and naturally, they will comply.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Lime Tonics posted:

8 people dead in execution-style killings in southern Ohio

At least eight people are dead - including children - at three different shooting locations in the Peebles, Ohio area, sources tell ABC 6/FOX 28.

Officials say they believe at least two children are among the victims. Among with the eight confirmed dead, two were teens in what Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine described as a "grisly scene." DeWine added at least four children were still alive and removed from the homes, including two babies. Two more people were taken to the hospital.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/developing-several-people-reportedly-shot-in-pike-county

With it being summer time now, The occurrences of these are only going to get worse I am told. This kind of stuff has become so common no one really cares anymore. Anyways, for those in ohio the shooters still out there apparently. Good luck.

This would t have happened if they had snow.

Ban summer, gas op.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Cartouche posted:

This would t have happened if they had snow.

Ban summer, gas op.

global warming :argh:

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Vacation Tenzin posted:

One of the slain was a five day old newborn. We need to start arming these soldiers of God as soon as they come out of the womb. It's the only way to truly protect them.

6 days prior and goons would be a o k with it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cartouche posted:

6 days prior and goons would be a o k with it.

sick own

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

935 posted:

God drat who do you piss off so badly that they kill not just you but your entire loving family tree?

Kaiser Soze.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Only eight people dead? This guy is never going to beat the current national high score like that.

Step it up, America!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

This is a vigilante killing. The "family annihilator(s)" left only the young and innocent.

Interesting. Do Cartel executions have a history of leaving children alive?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

maybe the kids were small enough that they missed

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE

Anderron Shi posted:

Last week lol

Sorry I copy and pasted the wrong link, should have been this one:

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/05/police-raid-suspected-dog-fighting-ring-in-west-columbus/

It's from April 5, 2016. I was researching the dog fighting stuff and had a lot of various links ups.

The old (wrong) one I posted ended up being linked to another dog fighting bust that was made in Dayton in which over 40 people were arrested, one of whom shared the same last name as the murder victims but I don't know if there was any relation or not.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Story continues to get stranger.

The Ohio Attorney General’s Office has released the 911 calls made after eight people were found dead after suspected multiple shootings in Pike County on Friday.

The first call was made from a woman at 7:49 a.m. at 4077 Union Hill Road, the site of the first shooting reported to law enforcement.

“There’s blood all over the house,” the caller tells an emergency dispatcher. “My brother-in-law is in the bedroom. It looks like (someone) beat the hell out of him.”

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/23/attorney-general-releases-911-calls-in-pike-county-shooting-investigation/

The attorney general’s office has offered a cash reward for information that leads to the arrest of the shooter or shooters.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

so not only did they bust in and shoot them, but they also beat the hell out of them first?
I am increasingly convinced cartel.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Sonny was in some poo poo

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Man Whore posted:

so not only did they bust in and shoot them, but they also beat the hell out of them first?
I am increasingly convinced cartel.

Out of one of them so far. One of the other news reports said that one of the victims was shot in bed next to her four day old baby who was spared.

Got to be more than one person since there were 4 locations where shootings took place and the locations were within a 10 minute drive.

If the bodies were discovered at around 8 am, maybe this was done early in the morning? The details are starting to scream a professional raid and ambush.

Is there a map of the four shooting locations a news site has put up?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Just occured to me. Four locations in rural ohio and no one had a dog?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Something wicked goin on in those woods

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Legalize heroin and the egg will be on the cartel's face. Then they will wage war on Walgreens and CVS instead of innocent midwesterners

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE

Just occured to me. Four locations in rural ohio and no one had a dog?

No, there were dogs. The person who reported the initial bodies stated they came by every morning to feed "chickens and dogs," so there were dogs somewhere. Whether they were family pets or kept out back and barking all the time (and therefore barking due to intruder wouldn't be noticed) is unknown.

Locals in the area keep making the suggestion that the murderers were some how related to a dog fighting ring that the family was involved in, but that's only rumor. But if someone was coming by to "feed dogs and chickens" it implies dogs are being kept more like livestock than a family pet situation.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Interesting. What is arkansas doing to have zero heroin deaths.

Meth. Lots and lots of meth.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Today I learned that just this January a woman and her 16 year daughter were murdered in a similar fashion in Minford, which is another po-dunk town not far from yesterday's murders. The mother was shot in bed, the daughter assumedly heard this and tried to run and got it. No arrests were made

http://www.inquisitr.com/2685066/minford-ohio-mother-and-daughter-found-dead-inside-home/

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

theres something kind of comfortng abotu spree shootings. it reminds me im an american :flag:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

as a columbus resident i will confirm south ohio is a freeway wasteland where animals are too dumb not to wander into the roads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Profondo Rosso posted:

theres something kind of comfortng abotu spree shootings. it reminds me im an american :flag:

nothing more American than mass shootings

edit: seriously if murdering unarmed people were a sport americans would take home the Olympic gold everytime

Marijuana Nihilist fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 24, 2016

• Locked thread