Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I somehow missed it, but yesterday The Daily Mail had a theory that this could have been over a $3000 demolition derby car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

I somehow missed it, but yesterday The Daily Mail had a theory that this could have been over a $3000 demolition derby car

There is 0 chance a squad of assassins stealth killed a bunch of rednecks over 3000 car. Probably the family trying to cover up drug involvement

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Newest theory on reddit is the russia mob. Is the russian mob in backwoods ohio?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

it was slenderman

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/latham-oh/T6V04TN6UREPMMJDC

This has nothing to do with drugs

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

loving LOL at that last post.

BelDin
Jan 29, 2001

Lime Tonics posted:

Newest theory on reddit is the russia mob. Is the russian mob in backwoods ohio?

Not that I know of (I live about 15 miles away from where it happened), although the Mexican cartels are supposedly in with low levels of activity and grow operations because it's a very rural area and growing large amounts of pot undetected is relatively easy. Heroin, pills, and meth are the biggest problems.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

George Zimmer posted:

loving LOL at that last post.

lol I just realized that was posted the day before the murders, :eyepop:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

A person posted in a 2 year old topic about the imminent death of an entire family hours before the deaths on Hottopix.com lmao

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Literally typing ccc into google brings up a Chicago gang, somehow don't think local law enforcement has used google yet

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

A person posted in a 2 year old topic about the imminent death of an entire family hours before the deaths on Hottopix.com lmao

:chanpop:

Jesus.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
we did it reddit!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Literally calling the police right now

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Me and the other 5 people living in rural ohio are really scared guys, they took out over 50% of us.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Volume posted:

i hope you don't live anywhere in america

Hobo Pyro
Oct 17, 2010
youd think of all places to illegally grow weed ohio would probably be the safest

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Volume posted:

Tell us what they say (seriously)

Also RIP

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, this whole thing is weird now. Don't grow weed farms in S.Ohio. Or dog/chicken fight, don't piss off the cartels.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Helical Nightmares posted:

Now it was reported that the mother of the 5 day old was shot in the head in bed. That's...well a bit unusual to me. Generally babies-kids those age will keep the parents up all night. Not always (some kids are just super calm) but it's a good chance.

What I'm suggesting is that these hitters seemed to have some really good tradecraft at stealth to get most of the victims in bed with head shots. Likely these guys are so very out of the country now.

This is the dumbest piece of armchair detective work I've ever seen. You should be proud.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

holy loving poo poo

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lime Tonics posted:

Yeah, this whole thing is weird now. Don't grow weed farms in S.Ohio. Or dog/chicken fight, don't piss off the cartels.

There was this dude in my home town that was kind of stupid and came from a total trash family. Anyway, he used to steal poo poo all around town, and eventually got to go to jail for it. When he came back he proceeded to beg for money with the opener "I was raped in prison."

Several months later they found half his remains in a hospital parking lot, eventually finding out he was fed to a dog over a planned $5,000 weed heist. loving seriously. Rednecks can be insane. All the Cartel/Breaking Bad references and nobody thinks of trash like the late-season Neo-Nazis. My hick town in upstate NY had a real problem with them, busted multiple drug operations of theirs because they had paramilitary manufacturing lands.

I seriously would not be surprised if they hosed with someone like that and that was the result. It doesn't need to be out of state players.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Helical Nightmares posted:

Now it was reported that the mother of the 5 day old was shot in the head in bed. That's...well a bit unusual to me. Generally babies-kids those age will keep the parents up all night. Not always (some kids are just super calm) but it's a good chance.

Hahahahah

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
2 agree, 1 touching

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dr.Caligari posted:

yeah, thats bullshit. its way too coordinated to be some redneck syndicate feud over a loving car. My guess is its a cartel conducting "spring cleaning". these rednecks were either rivals or lovely supplyiers.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Legalize heroin and the egg will be on the cartel's face. Then they will wage war on Walgreens and CVS instead of innocent midwesterners

Legalize them all (and allow me a suppressor without jumping through $$hoop$$, damnit)

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

BunnySkull posted:

I don't know if I should have pointed it out in my previous comment about but the lady who called 9/11 being there to feed "chicken and dogs" - points not just to "dog fighting" but also cock fighting which is now also being mentioned in connection to the murders.

How shocking the violence is being connected to a world that thrives on the violence and torture of animals.

I still think it's 50/50 that its related to drugs/underground animal fighting or domestic issues. The methodical execution style murders do point to something connected with something more than jealous baby daddy BS.

False, it is purely because guns.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

Tell us what they say (seriously)

Also RIP

Sorry I meant literally as in not literally

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

WTF I didn't even notice that it was posted before the murders.

Appalachia seems to have a penchant for occasional drug related massacres. A few years ago, a bunch of teens were killed on prom night over a botched drug deal in Huntington, WV - http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/COLD-CASE-Prom-Night-Murders-10-Years-Later-304757831.html

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

George Zimmer posted:

WTF I didn't even notice that it was posted before the murders.

Appalachia seems to have a penchant for occasional drug related massacres. A few years ago, a bunch of teens were killed on prom night over a botched drug deal in Huntington, WV - http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/COLD-CASE-Prom-Night-Murders-10-Years-Later-304757831.html

Does the post have an actual timestamp? On my phone and it just says "Friday". The OP here is from Friday.

Unless... :tinfoil:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

Does the post have an actual timestamp? On my phone and it just says "Friday". The OP here is from Friday.

Unless... :tinfoil:

Do you need somebody to explain how time works to you?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Do you need somebody to explain how time works to you?

Four balls at the edge of a cliff

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Well, seeing has Friday is not the "day before the murders" I think you might be the one who needs to have the concept of time explained.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Honestly even if it was only posted the day of and not actually before the shootings, it would be a little spooky. I don't think the victims names were released until late on Friday or even early Saturday.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cthulu Carl posted:

Well, seeing has Friday is not the "day before the murders" I think you might be the one who needs to have the concept of time explained.

:boom:

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

Here's a list of mass shootings for 2016 so far. They happen all the time.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

This is a bit misleading. This includes jackoffs in the hood who do a drive-by and hit a bunch of people, and gang/street violence.

Not all of these are the mass shootings we typically think of; guy loses his job/hears God talking to him/racist maniac, and grabs an AR and mows down 12 people for no apparent reason.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is this Obama's fault?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

Is this Obama's fault?

Every thing is

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

George Zimmer posted:

Honestly even if it was only posted the day of and not actually before the shootings, it would be a little spooky. I don't think the victims names were released until late on Friday or even early Saturday.

I was thrown off because the local news stations were not being clear about when this stuff happened but its still funny.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

it might still be muslims, you never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parallax Scroll posted:

it might still be muslims, you never know

I heard they were part of those Syrian refugees they let in