Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Is there a thread about that comic yet? its weird as gently caress and has some of the best reaction/word buble pics?

Man Whore posted:

The cartel thing was a joke but apparently they have been in Ohio for a while.
http://www.businessinsider.com/man-with-alleged-ties-to-the-sinaloa-cartel-arrested-in-ohio-2015-11
So mystery solved I guess.

If it was a cartel hit, it would end up all over the news and that cartel would probaly be hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

I somehow missed it, but yesterday The Daily Mail had a theory that this could have been over a $3000 demolition derby car

yeah, thats bullshit. its way too coordinated to be some redneck syndicate feud over a loving car. My guess is its a cartel conducting "spring cleaning". these rednecks were either rivals or lovely supplyiers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

As someone with (limited) exposure to at least one cartel, I think one word is the answer.

Heroin.

That entire region is completely lost to opioids, and cheap Mexican tar really the best thing going.

My best guess at this goes as follows: The hillbilly family has been growing/running weed forever in their little area, and eventually the winds shift, and suddenly PILLS are the new, hot poo poo.

The family still runs weed, but they start messing with pills, eventually some/all of them developing healthy habits...because at least the weed is still paying the bills.

Eventually, somebody introduces heroin to the area. It's a smash hit.

The hillbilly family decides, yeah, we can make some real money at this! We're accomplished drugsmen and women, and we love this product, too!

Eventually they team-up with the cartel to move lots of dope. Things go great for a while.

But then habits get out of control, money gets hosed-up for some reason, and attitudes start to flare.

Eventually the family decided to say "gently caress off" to the cartel while holding a huge bundle of (credited) heroin.

This kills the family.

pentyne posted:

It's a reverse "he's no angel" since they were a bunch of real american white people the cops don't want to admit they were drug running criminals perfectly happy to make nice with the cartels until they got greedy and tried to make off with a boatload of heroin without paying.

Pretty much. My guess is the hillbilly were "crime family" of the area, but because they kept it low profile and relativly victimless(not so much depending on how you view animal fights i guess) They probaly were also known as Good neighbors and helpers of the community so the cops didnt care as long as they didn't mess with the status quo or rock the boat. Book harry is probably right. they bit off more then they could chew from another criminal group and got wasted.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pentyne posted:

What are they going to say?

"Uh, so it looks like the killer/s knew the family, knew exactly who lived in what houses, and we have no idea how. It truly is a complete mystery" -makes no mention of 200 pot plants, cock-fighting roosters, endless drug paraphernalia found in the houses.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/apr/30/the-latest-2nd-funeral-to-be-held-in-ohio/

pretty much. after the news came out that they were basically a crime family. no one outside of the community gave a gently caress. Its the mass shootings that happen in the inner city, no one cares when criminals kill each others.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

satanic splash-back posted:

If this was a mass shooting, where is the mass grave? I think you should all take another look at how deep this story goes, I doubt anything is what it seems. I mean, last time it was only 4 dead and now its 8 but there's still no mass grave? Seems kind of hosed up to me

Cartels can't exactly be extravagant with their mass killings/executions in the US. If they started dumping competors/informants/regular peoples bodies out side a city hall, or sewing a mans face to a soccor ball. The feds would come down on them with fire and brimstone and everyone from kingpin on down would either be dead, in a supermax jail, or running for the border.

• Locked thread