Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Less than 24 hours after losing Prince, someone whom I assume Patton was a large fan of, on the day his latest special was hitting Netflix, he woke up to his wife dead in their bed. We are now at the moment where we will see a man spiral into despair or will catapult himself above his loss and create some of the greatest comedy we've ever know.

https://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-michelle-mcnamara-dies-20160422-story,amp.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm predicting The A.V. Club murdered her in a fit of jealousy.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
:smithcloud:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

She must not have liked his special

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I feel bad for him.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't hate him because he's an insanely liberal person, I hate him because he's such a oval office about it.

Sorry bout ur wife tho, poo poo sucks.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Wow. That's some nightmare material there.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

vyst posted:

She must not have liked his special

It was way better than last years. In it he relates stories about the 7 year old child they have who no longer has a mother.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I guess the jokes on him :D

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dave_Indeed posted:

I don't hate him because he's an insanely liberal person, I hate him because he's such a oval office about it.

Lol gently caress you.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Dave_Indeed posted:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

wow this is really depressing.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

fyodor posted:

Lol gently caress you.

Stop cyber bullying me.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
I guess she'll never be the head of a household :smugdog:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

he better get used to suffering if he's gonna be tv's son of tv's frank

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
He's going to shoot himself in the next 12 months

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

wackity shmackity dooo~~

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
His new set killed

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Patton Oswalt looks like a chubby Lowtax.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Poor dude. I was never a fan of his but that's something I would never wish on even the most self righteous of comedians

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I don't think that finding out a pop star guy died could possibly rate with waking up to your spouse dead next to you.

Your premise, OP, does not resonate w/ me.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Booblord Zagats posted:

Poor dude. I was never a fan of his but that's something I would never wish on even the most self righteous of comedians

I would wish it on Bill Hicks had he not already payed the price

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ork of Fiction posted:

I don't think that finding out a pop star guy died could possibly rate with waking up to your spouse dead next to you.

It's loving Prince though, he's easily worth at least three dead wives.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
drat, wish I could hug him.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
:cry:

Oh poo poo.

poo poo.

I saw Patton Oswalt trending on twitter; thought nothing of it. Never could've guess this.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
you think he tapped that one last time?:smugmrgw:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
probably not

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh Don Piano posted:

you think he tapped that one last time?:smugmrgw:

How you think she ended up dead?

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.

MisterFister posted:

drat, wish I could hug him.

same

I was just repping him earlier (the "I will kill George Lucas with a Shovel at Midnight" skit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCjIjsZp_Y) in response to the news about "Krypton" and now his wife is dead. He made me laugh so much on a day he was probably anything but laughing.

:(

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Toilet Mouth posted:

I would wish it on Bill Hicks had he not already payed the price

His price was worse, by having Dennis Leary being able to tell the same jokes with better delivery and more charisma

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Booblord Zagats posted:

His price was worse, by having Dennis Leary being able to tell the same jokes with better delivery and more charisma

Those were jokes? :eyepop:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Dave_Indeed posted:

You know, being a oval office is kind of part of the job description of comedian.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The thought of waking up after any other boring night's sleep to find your wife dead next to you is some seriously scary poo poo :smith:

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"No cause was given"

Sounds like she was a drug addict

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Jellidelic posted:

wackity shmackity dooo~~

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Ein cooler Typ posted:

"No cause was given"

Sounds like she was a drug addict

suicide

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Ork of Fiction posted:

Ok. I will juxtapose the loss of a beloved icon, a cultural event, overshadows the deep personal loss he has suffered today. He will go through funeral arrangements, the funeral, the wake, and likely a week or so past all while being bombarded about stories of Prince. In addition, he will rehear songs that likely resonated with the love and passion he felt with his wife. He will wrestle with his loss and wonder what part he played into it. He has millions. Why didn't he get a personal trainer and dietician for them? WHY WHY WHY?!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wasn't he in that show about poor people forever that tried to make people empathize about their horrible lives? I think it was like Roseanne but like when poor people could afford the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Three Olives posted:

Wasn't he in that show about poor people forever that tried to make people empathize about their horrible lives? I think it was like Roseanne but like when poor people could afford the internet.

nope

• Locked thread