Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

notice me patton senpai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

MariusLecter posted:

"I loved my wife, I will miss her dearly.Thank you all for your sympathy and kindness."

85 characters. Get your poo poo together, Oswalt.

Good now try after being in married bliss and literally finding your spouse dead in bed next to you, jackass

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

a happy snowman posted:

Good now try after being in married bliss and literally finding your spouse dead in bed next to you, jackass

You are really taking this personally, maybe take a break from the internet today, OK champ?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Blue Train posted:

if you think he's capable of being succinct you've obviously never watched his standup
or his 50+ tweet rant defending then-daily show successor and current mediocre daily show host trevor noah

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Y-Hat posted:

or his 50+ tweet rant defending then-daily show successor and current mediocre daily show host trevor noah

You're following his 50 tweet rant on twitter but that other guy is the one that needs to take a break from the internet. That makes total sense.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Humor is tragedy plus time" so I guess we just have to wait a bit until Patton Oswalt is funny.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You're following his 50 tweet rant on twitter but that other guy is the one that needs to take a break from the internet. That makes total sense.

two different people friend

e: laughing at a 3o post

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Three Olives posted:

"Humor is tragedy plus time" so I guess we just have to wait a bit until Patton Oswalt is funny.

We've waited this far, maybe something will come of it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
don't quote me on this but I had a friend who saw Patton being with some woman who was definitely not his wife. The guy may look like an obese goblin but he's rich and famous so yeah. I bet he pounded puss outside his marriage for years

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The deep dark truth about Hollywood right now nobody dare speak of: How can Patton top Tig Notaro's commercial success post-tragedy?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Y-Hat posted:

Whoa where's that I'd read that I'm bored af.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

What's up with that picture all the media outlets used for the story where he and his wife look like they're on the red carpet or something and he is like grabbing her neck?

I bet he killed her.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

MariusLecter posted:

"I loved my wife, I will miss her dearly.Thank you all for your sympathy and kindness."

85 characters. Get your poo poo together, Oswalt.

isn't talking about a very recently deceased loved one in the past tense an indication that he might have murdered her?

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Zzulu posted:

don't quote me on this but I had a friend who saw Patton being with some woman who was definitely not his wife. The guy may look like an obese goblin but he's rich and famous so yeah. I bet he pounded puss outside his marriage for years

yea

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Maybe he rolled over in his sleep and one thing led to another and here we are.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

isn't talking about a very recently deceased loved one in the past tense an indication that he might have murdered her?

oh gently caress yea

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Maybe if he checks for clues, he'll find evidence of a murder and then his resulting investigation shows it was an elaborate setup by his wife to bring them closer using something she loved: murder mysteries

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Simstim posted:

it's going to become the new thing, the family member who handles the funeral arrangements also handles the social media arrangements

I put all my passwords in my will :shopkeeper:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

fyodor posted:

The deep dark truth about Hollywood right now nobody dare speak of: How can Patton top Tig Notaro's commercial success post-tragedy?

Louis CK really took off post divorce

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist
The only thing that could redeem this year would be if Dick Cheney, Kim Jong Un, and Martin Shkreli were found together after a fatal mutual erotic asphyxiation accident.

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The thought of waking up after any other boring night's sleep to find your wife dead next to you is some seriously scary poo poo :smith:

Seriously. Anyone who jokes and isn't terrified and sympathetic is either a sociopath or forever alone.

AKA a goon

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Alice Klar posted:

Seriously. Anyone who jokes and isn't terrified and sympathetic is either a sociopath or forever alone.

AKA a goon

You're a broken organism who cares about someone who you have never met and have no emotional connection to.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

satanic splash-back posted:

You're a broken organism who cares about someone who you have never met and have no emotional connection to.

Do you think Patton Oswalt gives any fucks about his fan's miserable lives when he takes money from them to live in his mansion next to his dead wife?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Alice Klar posted:

AKA a goon

I hate to break it to you but everyone you love is going to die.

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016

satanic splash-back posted:

I care about my wife though.

Ddraig posted:

I hate to break it to you but everyone you love is going to die.

Hopefully not unexpectedly at 46.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fyodor posted:

Say what you want about Tig, but that lady managed to change the definition of "comedy" to "talk about cancer morosely on stage for an hour without telling a single joke" and made money doing it. No one gonna top that.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

they both look like pasty flabby goons I don't think you can call one of them dying young unexpected

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Y-Hat posted:

he should, he's constantly a dumbass on there. i hope he takes as much time off from that and other things as he needs. jokes aside, this is an awful thing to happen
I remember a couple of years ago he said he was going to take a break from Twitter/Social Media for the Summer and actually did and wanted to make it an annual thing for himself. I forget what it was 2 years that made him stop. I think it was Robin Williams killing himself :smith:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Three Olives posted:

live in his mansion

Three Olives posted:

live in his mansion

Three Olives posted:

live in his mansion

Three Olives posted:

live in his condo

Three Olives posted:

love my condo

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

ahahaha the famous man's wife is dead lololol

smdh the mother of his child died in the night ayyyyyyy lmao

hehehehehe he awoke next to a body, but the thing in the body that once made it move is now gone kekekekek

dohohohoho she has now gone to where the sky is all horizon huehuehuehuehue

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

What we call an eating disorder is how majestic eagles feed their young

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheWeepingHorse posted:

ahahaha the famous man's wife is dead lololol

smdh the mother of his child died in the night ayyyyyyy lmao

hehehehehe he awoke next to a body, but the thing in the body that once made it move is now gone kekekekek

dohohohoho she has now gone to where the sky is all horizon huehuehuehuehue

It's funny because a woman died and now a fat man is sad.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nuebot posted:

It's funny because a woman died and now a fat man is sad.

explaining the joke kills it

now we have to deal with two deaths

thanks a lot

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

explaining the joke kills it

now we have to deal with two deaths

thanks a lot

Lol.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

It's funny because a woman died and now a annoying, liberal, fat man is sad.

FTFY

Maybe the grief will get him to shut up for a while. We don't care if you want to kiss Hillary on the mouth or whatever. Just shut up, Patton. Jeez. He tweets like a million times a day and he can't even get his dead wife's death notice tweet right. What a fuckup.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

tenspott posted:

FTFY

Maybe the grief will get him to shut up for a while. We don't care if you want to kiss Hillary on the mouth or whatever. Just shut up, Patton. Jeez. He tweets like a million times a day and he can't even get his dead wife's death notice tweet right. What a fuckup.

Are you currently looking over your shoulder so you can say friend of the family to yourself in private?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2HlzYds388

Falun Bong Refugee fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 23, 2016

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

tenspott posted:

FTFY

caring a lot about a dude's twitter account here, folks. that's why he deserves karmic backlash that leaves a wife dead, a man emotionally unstable and a child without a mother

bad tweets

if there were a penalty for bad posting you'd have had both legs broken and be left out in the forest for a bear to sodomize you

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Sestze posted:

caring a lot about a dude's twitter account here, folks. that's why he deserves karmic backlash that leaves a wife dead, a man emotionally unstable and a child without a mother

bad tweets

if there were a penalty for bad posting you'd have had both legs broken and be left out in the forest for a bear to sodomize you

Ha! I've never endorsed Hillary on Twitter, so I'm going to be just fine, unlike the late Mrs. Patton Oswalt.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Cool life hack for those of you who are tired of reading what people say on Twitter: stop reading Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

tenspott posted:

FTFY

Bitching about someone being politically vocal is way gayer than just being politically vocal.

hth friend.

• Locked thread