Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

patton's been on the road to becoming the next dennis miller for a couple of years now, this can only accelerate that process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

this sucks for him but why did he retweet the article that reported his wife's death? like, even with his loving wife's death he can't put down his loving twitter for even a second.
he should, he's constantly a dumbass on there. i hope he takes as much time off from that and other things as he needs. jokes aside, this is an awful thing to happen

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Blue Train posted:

if you think he's capable of being succinct you've obviously never watched his standup
or his 50+ tweet rant defending then-daily show successor and current mediocre daily show host trevor noah

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Doctor Schnabel posted:

like, buddy, where do you think memes come from?
hell

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

hey aren't you that guy that voraciously defended best buy

what was up w/ that neway
i hear that they've gotten better, weirdly enough

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sperghetti posted:

His latest family-centric stuff is bleh to me and just brings to mind all the friends that swore they'd never bore the gently caress out of me with the tedious minutiae their lovely kids do and then immediately reneged as soon as they farted out a baby.
remember when he said that he'd never do comedy about kids when/if he ever had them? good times. now he's that paul f. tompkins bit about new parents come to life

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

He got better at acting though. Big Fan is a good movie.
he should stick with character acting and voice acting and not do standup anymore, because he's good at those two things. he'll never act in movies like Young Adult again because he doesn't want to

and yeah Big Fan owns. severely overlooked movie

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i wish he'd do more things than movies and shows that enable him to flaunt his nerdiness

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

It must absolutely destroy him that his two best roles were playing a sports fan and a dumb redneck deputy.
he played a shut-in loser on Young Adult so that was right up his alley

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

patton oswalt looks like my grandma before she died. she was 93 and lost a few inches due to osteoporosis. patton isn't even 50 yet

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

patton losing his wife sucks and i'm not celebrating it, but his stand-up has sucked for more than 5 years. it's easier to be funny when you hate your life than when you love it. just compare his netflix special to one of his really good stand-up albums

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Patton comes from the Lisa Lampenelli school of "funny at roasts in 5-minute segments, but give them an hour to fill and they're just fat and unbearable"
i can see that. lisa lampenelli is to "i love black dick lol" as patton oswalt is to "i'm a nerd lol"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if you really hate patton oswalt, you should pray to god, jesus, or whatever deity you believe in for him and his daughter, because he's also a big goony atheist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I will never in a thousand lifetimes forgive this thread or the knaves and villains within for making me agree with Tezzor. With my dying breath I will curse you all.
this thread introduced me to tezzor's post history in the Star Wars thread. it says a lot that the only person in there who thinks that the prequel trilogy is a flaming pile of poo poo is that guy

• Locked thread