Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Show's back!

https://zippy.gfycat.com/UnknownPowerlessDuckling.webm

Please use this thread to discuss your favorite clones limbless invertebrates and, more importantly, how dangerous Felix's continuing aversion to pants could be, knowing the enemy's penchant for cheeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really didn't like the last season. Did it get better again?
The gif seems good, though. I love how that's not even close to what they are doing in the video.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I was going to ask how was season 3 because I couldn't make myself watch it, after the second season ended in a convoluted mess of layers of conspiracies and a new batch of man-clones of that actor who consistently looks like a person with mental disorder. It was just not fun overall, and far away from the tone of the first season, which was really good.

But I guess the above post answers my question.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
I thought season 3 was pretty good overall although if you were checking out already by end of 2 then you may pass. Season 4 so far has been good.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

First episode sets the stage with a somber look at Beth's life and her investigation.
Second episode has Helena, Alison and Felix being themselves. Highly recommended.

Conspiracy levels are moderate, so far.

For all its flaws, Season 3 had some very cool moments. Binging should make the convoluted stuff much easier to digest - or at least ignore.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

For some reason, those faux-EMT workers creep the poo poo out of me. It doesn't help that they're checking out a parasite, that looks like worm from the bottom of a mezcal bottle, implanted in a cheek with the potential to just grow and kill the host.

Also like that we're getting some insight on Beth, which we kind of saw when she "appeared" in the last couple of episode of last season. I love MK, but I'm not looking forward to seeing Delphine (she's my least favorite character). I'm down to see Rachel again. Maybe Krystal too.

It is shaping up to be a crazy season, once again.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

I'm not looking forward to seeing Delphine (she's my least favorite character).

If she comes back, she'll be some sort of psycho Neolutionist corpse monster, probably.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm still watching this show, but I've been pretty bored with the whole clones and conspiracies thing for a while now, which is unfortunate given that it's the central plot. I actually wish the show would just be about Alison and Donnie, because their side-plots are way better than the main one.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Pan Dulce posted:

I love MK, but I'm not looking forward to seeing Delphine (she's my least favorite character). I'm down to see Rachel again. Maybe Krystal too.

Looking forward to more Rachel, but I'm not feeling MK; hope they develop her into something more than just a slightly modified Helena.

Tiggum posted:

I'm still watching this show, but I've been pretty bored with the whole clones and conspiracies thing for a while now, which is unfortunate given that it's the central plot. I actually wish the show would just be about Alison and Donnie, because their side-plots are way better than the main one.

Indeed.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/FragrantOrganicAxisdeer.webm

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Liking the new season so far, the conspiracy has shifted away from paramilitary organizations and back to weird genetics fuckery from season 1.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
"Maybe we should just buy one."

That Donnie, always thinking ahead.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

EricFate posted:

They've already rented the same jackhammer twice, any more and it's a waste of money :colbert:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
"...anyway, one thing lead to another & I DID shoot Dr. Leeke in the face and buried him in the garage..."

"What?"

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I like that Felix is finally being granted some pushback, though I know this will all end horribly.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm going to be really amused if she really is just his actual sister and connected to absolutely nothing at all other than him

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

flatluigi posted:

I'm going to be really amused if she really is just his actual sister and connected to absolutely nothing at all other than him

As the conspiracy at the heart of this show gets more and more convoluted and nonsensical this would be the biggest and boldest twist the show could make :v:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

DarklyDreaming posted:

As the conspiracy at the heart of this show gets more and more convoluted and nonsensical this would be the biggest and boldest twist the show could make :v:

It's already some pretty inspired casting to find an actress that looks so plausibly like him.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Not super excited about Neolution's ultimate goal. Create a better human being (through roboeyes and technoworms)? How pedestrian.

EricFate posted:

Dead Snoopy posted:

"...anyway, one thing lead to another & I DID shoot Dr. Leeke in the face and buried him in the garage..."

"What?"

Donnie gets all the best lines and so remains the show's best character.

"You killed Aldous Leeke?"
"Boy, did I ever, yeah."

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Other than Donnie I found this ep pretty ho-hum. It felt like a lot of building and not a lot of happening.

I'm not really excited about the magical mystical wonderchild that is Kira. I could accept the regeneration, her mom is a genetically modified clone, but the premonition poo poo is just awful.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I sort of just skimmed through the earlier seasons as they aired on tv, so whatever happened with the bearded trans-clone that showed for like one episode and confused the hell out of Felix?

Was she/he killed, or just put on a bus to never been heard from again?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, Tony was sent away, kinda like Blonde Canadian Clone. I like these "one-shot" characters and wouldn't mind if they'd introduce a couple more this season; not everyone needs to be in on the conspiracy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Dead Snoopy posted:

That scene was enough to justify still watching this show.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah, when Sarah was saying that she could be a Neolution plant, all I could think was how ridiculous that would be and how likely it is to be true.

seravid posted:

Donnie gets all the best lines and so remains the show's best character.
Alison's still my favourite, but she needs Donnie to work so he's also essential.

13Pandora13 posted:

Other than Donnie I found this ep pretty ho-hum. It felt like a lot of building and not a lot of happening.
I felt like this through most of last season too. The whole conspiracy thing is getting a bit too X-Files. They've built it up into such a big thing that there's no way to make it pay off in a satisfying way, and each new thing they add just makes it less interesting.

13Pandora13 posted:

I'm not really excited about the magical mystical wonderchild that is Kira. I could accept the regeneration, her mom is a genetically modified clone, but the premonition poo poo is just awful.
Yep. Even the cyber-worm-implants I could buy as a sci-fi thing, but pretty much whenever sci-fi brings in psychics it loses me. There's just no way to make them plausible.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Anyone else think that the Leda clones have some sort of strength enhancement? It makes sense that the project might do a basic service upgrade with the synthetic sequences, and there have been just enough scenes of Alison hoisting stuff that her husband can't or Helena chucking around people twice her size that a pattern is starting to form.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

seravid posted:

Yeah, Tony was sent away, kinda like Blonde Canadian Clone. I like these "one-shot" characters and wouldn't mind if they'd introduce a couple more this season; not everyone needs to be in on the conspiracy.

Actually, I think they're bringing the Krystal clone back next episode.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Wasn't Krystal killed as a cover-up for Rachel?

edit: Oh okay not dead.

Nestorix
Aug 3, 2006

exotic particles

As a Finn,I really appreciate the effort that was put in the Finnish newspaper clippings. Someone actually wrote those without using something like Google translator. For some reason, her name was different (not Finnish) in the news article.

Nestorix fucked around with this message at 12:55 on May 12, 2016

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I've been enjoying this season so far, a definite step up from season 3 and probably the closest to the first season.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
This show needs to dump an indian take out hellshit, and very soon. 4 seasons in and very little in the way of the mysteries of the clones, surrounding factions or the neo tech have really been explained. Anybody else feeling the showrunners are following the Lost run-book?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I'm mostly fine with having little to no answers; I'm on board for the characters, not the conspiracy. Ha, just like what people said about Lost :haw:

Doesn't mean I think the conspiracy is being handled particularly well, but showrunners and Maslany did say in interviews they were going for a season 1 feel, with Sarah "discovering the origins of things" as a main theme, so I expect there'll be some answers. Maybe.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I dig Crystal's turn. A clone that's just straight up simple is great.

Kira still sucks.

Donnie still owns.

Needed more Sestra.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

DarklyDreaming posted:

Oh hey this actually happened. So that's good

Also Donnie just can't catch a break

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

TEAH SYAG posted:

4 seasons in and very little in the way of the mysteries of the clones, surrounding factions or the neo tech have really been explained. Anybody else feeling the showrunners are following the Lost run-book?

Yeah, everything they uncover just leads to "you think you're getting somewhere but actually it turns out you just discovered that there's another layer to the conspiracy that you never even suspected!" Like, once they get to Susan Duncan it'll turn out that she's just been working for someone else and they're basically back to square one again. Eventually in the last season it turns out the whole thing is aliens or something and it ends on an unresolved cliffhanger.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, everything they uncover just leads to "you think you're getting somewhere but actually it turns out you just discovered that there's another layer to the conspiracy that you never even suspected!"

Chuck kept doing this and never managed to make it work, but they had the constant threat of cancellation forcing their hand. Not sure what Orphan's showrunners' justification is.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Xand_Man posted:

Anyone else think that the Leda clones have some sort of strength enhancement? It makes sense that the project might do a basic service upgrade with the synthetic sequences, and there have been just enough scenes of Alison hoisting stuff that her husband can't or Helena chucking around people twice her size that a pattern is starting to form.

They pointed this out again with a ham shaped fist this ep, I reckon you're onto something.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
New clone is super hot.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I want a Helena / Krystal team-up.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I really liked Susan's frustration at other people not being able to tell the difference between the clones. "That's not Sarah, it's Cosima. No, that one's Krystal. Pay attention, people!"

13Pandora13 posted:

Kira still sucks.

Donnie still owns.
Agreed. If by "owns" you mean "is enjoyably frustrating to watch". I'm getting pretty sick of Sarah's attitude though. I get that she's not exactly having an easy time of it, but Cosima is literally dying and Alison dealt with covering up a murder and taking over a drug operation while running a campaign and helping out with clone stuff and she's handling it fine. Felix is being irresponsible with her secrets, but she's really not helping the situation by being a dick to him (and everyone else).

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That synthetic drama around Felix and Sarah is annoying as gently caress.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Uh, I have to go... poo poo.

Tiggum posted:

I really liked Susan's frustration at other people not being able to tell the difference between the clones. "That's not Sarah, it's Cosima. No, that one's Krystal. Pay attention, people!"

I like how after four seasons of more and more clones, they're finally at a place where random people on the street are confusing clones for each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Tiggum posted:

Agreed. If by "owns" you mean "is enjoyably frustrating to watch". I'm getting pretty sick of Sarah's attitude though. I get that she's not exactly having an easy time of it, but Cosima is literally dying and Alison dealt with covering up a murder and taking over a drug operation while running a campaign and helping out with clone stuff and she's handling it fine. Felix is being irresponsible with her secrets, but she's really not helping the situation by being a dick to him (and everyone else).
Who would've guessed Sarah Manning would be ill-equipped to handle the pressure? It is kind of annoying how she doesn't seem to have learned much of anything though, what with (still!)generally being a dick and blundering into enemy territory on a whim without a plan or letting anyone know. The only reason Cosima got caught was because Susan Duncan decided to drop in that exact day.
Honestly, Sarah is easily one of the weakest characters on the show.

• Locked thread