Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This is a sign up post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Confir-

Kashuno posted:

only scum confirm ##vote Rurea

Ming that I'm not confirming

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

gannyGrabber posted:

Birdstrike worst poster ever

Still catching up but birdstrike is a good poster and I won't have anyone say otherwise :colbert:

##vote gannyGrabber

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

chaislord check the happucake oven

The secret ingredient is love

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Propaganda Machine posted:

9 votes to lunch.

Lettuce consider this.

It's difficult to think that anybody could be bacon a case on D1. Not really.

Mayo votes be informed, if not fully conceived.

I can't think up a pun for tomato, except,

My grandma vas a voluptuous lady. The butter mom endowed her with led to marrying my granddad, as well as my many childhood culinary adventures.

PMach confirmed town

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

gannyGrabber posted:

:siren: Hope you shitters aren't phone posting!! :siren:

I am :(

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Is that -1?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If so nobody hammer yet

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:ohdear:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok this post I think will get me to the "don't mod kill me" line

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So yeah can hammer away, then. Idk who else may be in danger so if we need to wait then ok

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Luminous Cow posted:

Also chaoslord waiting til the end to suddenly participate in a lynch without saying much else other than "don't mod kill me" is suspicious

If this had been a game that wasn't almost entirely contentless posts I would agree! Not wanting to be mod killed is a null tell though.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also Luminous and Don, neither of y'all have voted. This wouldn't be the first D1 to have someone get to -1 and not by lunched. Be the change you want to see!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TheDonPeters posted:

But that's after the hammer I thought you can't day action after the hammer?

He might be vengeful. Let's just wait on the mod to sort it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Today is the last day of my vacation so since I will be on planes most of the day tomorrow I'll be around tonight plenty. Can't promise much for the day itself because we got our data limit almost up message yesterday and we need to GPS around still today. I don't know how much my wife would appreciate having to pay extra because I was mafiaing. Also, playoff basketball.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Alright, catching up now

Luminous Cow posted:

I've voted and unvoted several times

Yeah, I mispoke. It was hard to read votefinder with ganny screwing around with the votes anyway so I wasn't specifically aware of your voting history, but obviously I should have said "neither of y'all are currently voting." Apologies there.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Luminous Cow posted:

Flerp He had a vote on kashuno and quickly reversed it as soon as it started looking like Kashuno was going to get a d1 bandwagon run on him (He got to four votes when flerp suddenly unvoted). Starts d2 with a weak case on donpeters, who I have on my "likely town" list. Trying to cast doubt on me while Kashuno was pushing for me, supporting him. I think flerp was working with kashuno.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

You got flavor from being visited but not poisoned...

I don't believe this.

Yeah, these make a good case imo. ##vote flerp

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Azuth0667 posted:

Bunch of votes

flerp posted:

Bunch of votes

Can we all agree to policy lynch the next person who does this? It is 100% anti town by destroying the votecount with nonsense. Voting patterns are one of the few concrete things we get and screwing around with it is The Worst.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Grillary Clinton and Tendai I could get behind. I think Tendai more so.

##vote Tendai

More of a gutfeel than anything. The votes are null, but their play seems... off

Why the move away from flerp?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

flerp posted:

##unvote because i somehow ended up voted for myself?

When you do a nonsense vote, people can assign it to you. So if I were to VOTE SNUGGLEBUGGLE, votefinder would have a message that it doesn't recognize a vote and ask who it needs to go to. Whoever gets there first can assign the vote or tell votefinder to ignore it. Notice that on your votefinder page you have the alias of votefinder because someone told the robot that you were the intended target for it. If anyone were to VOTE VOTEFINDER anymore it'll get assigned to you.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh, and those poison claims.

Azuth claimed definite poison from coffee, bunny claimed definite poison from cigarette, and rurea claimed possible poison from tea.

There's reason to suspect any given claimed poison, but since it's roughly equal to expecting a townie to want to avoid death it's ultimately a null read for the two who are fully claiming it. So, of those three, I like rurea's the least. Getting the tea messed with after somebody claimed coffee feels like fake flavor piggybacking, and being so tentative about it... if you're not sure, why would you bring it up in such a half-assed way? I don't see anything good coming from that.

:agreed: We know the scum team are down one person, so if Azuth, Rurea, and bunny were all poisoned then that would be a 5 person scum team if my understanding of the OP is correct (dead kash + 3 poisoners + someone who did the NK). That seems... ridiculous. TBH I am expecting maybe a 3 person scum team with the poison mechanic. If we hadn't flipped scum D1, N1 would have been a NK + 2 poisons (again, assuming I understand the OP correctly) with a 3 person team. Which means N2 would be NK 2xpoison death and 2xnew poison. It would snowball out of control fast if there were four scum poisoners. Because of that, I am actually a little suspicious of the two poison claims since if there were a 3 person scum team there couldn't be 2 people poisoned right now, but that is 100% setup speculation so I don't think it's worth acting on today. Just food for thought.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I knew when I saw a new post by AA that it was going to be a vote for me haha. Can't particularly argue with the case, it's a solid lurker lynch case :shrug: Well, apart from the ganny point anyway. Ganny didn't care that he was going to die so why should I have? I just finished catching up (sorta) in my other game and so I'll start reading this more. I said there I'll be up til midnight PST, that'll be true here, too. So I'll be around for ~ 3 hours for those of yall on moon time zones.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh eff, I *hiccup* forgot that I have a po *hiccup* st restriction for today. This is why you don *hiccup* 't sign up for mafia then go on vacation, kids.

*hiccup*

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Today I *hiccup* learned that P *hiccup* ST is a moon time zone?

PST isn't the *hiccup* moon zone. The non-Ameri *hiccup* cans who don't know what PST is live in the *hiccup* moon zones.

Although going from Central to Pacific is *hiccup* weird. Especially when my wife goes to sleep at like 9pm, by the time I *hiccup* finish work, get food, and get back to the hotel she's already asleep.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Did you get a *hiccup* flavor PM?

I think we've all been getting tales of the night. Mine hasn't been worth bringing up, and I suspect that was the cause of Rurea's soft claim on D2.

Poison gas from the *hiccup* god mod has given me a *hiccup* very annoying set of the *hiccup* ....those.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

But not poison?
*hiccup*
I thought the gas was poison.

I presume it wasn't *hiccup* mechanically poison because I got *hiccup* it N2 leading into D3 so I'd be dead if it was. Also didn't *hiccup* get an explicit "You are poisoned" message, just the restriction. D3 h *hiccup* appened in a matter of hours which I didn't participate in so it got carried over to today.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Did it seem like *hiccup* anybody hit you with the restriction? The one *hiccup* common thread I've noticed is people knowing whether or not they've interacted with another player overnight.

It was the mod. Follow on from *hiccup* this earlier since I was still *hiccup* barely limping along *hiccup* post count wise.

Shadow0 posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3773333

bunnyofdoom, Propaganda Machine, and chaoslord begin coughing *hiccup* and *hiccup* gasping for air.
It seems poison *hiccup* has begun to build up in their lungs.
If they don't expel it by posting talking more today, they might soon pass out - or *hiccup* worse...

*hiccup*

I'm explicitly *hiccup* authorized to post things that are *hiccup* hiccup only, ha.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Trying to *hiccup* read through all this is the *hiccup* worst.

Is this *hiccup* an accurate claimed poisoning recap?

N1: bunny, azuth
N2: Tendai
N3: bunny

Leaving out Rurea since iirc for them nothing is ever *hiccup* explicit

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So we are all aware, *hiccup* this is potentially MYLO. Kashuno is the only flipped scum but we had two *hiccup* poisons on N1. Adding in a NK means there *hiccup* had to be three scum members left per the OP (or *hiccup* a 3p, but I'm assuming worst case currently).

Shadow0 posted:

• Poisoners also function as *hiccup* traditional scum - that is, as long as any of the scum team is alive, the team can select *hiccup* one member to go out and carry out its *hiccup* normal nightly kill and each Poisoner not *hiccup* selected to carry out that kill can then elect to additionally each poison someone.

With that: *hiccup* 9 alive. Lynch town. 8 alive. NK. 7 alive. If a poison *hiccup* death gets through, that is *hiccup* 6 alive with 3 scum remaining. *hiccup* Game over.

With *hiccup* only 1 claimed poison currently and presumably two docs, we should be able to see tomorrow, but role screwery could happen. *hiccup* this is also assuming none of the janitored folks are scum, which is probably a safe assumption but *hiccup* an assumption nonetheless.

I'll be honest, I don't have much *hiccup* in the way of reads. Realizing it might be MYLO means I want to take a little more time to read and *hiccup* think. And drink some water....

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote TheDonPeters good job birdstrike you did it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Not a *hiccup* lot of time and I'm gonna be *hiccup* getting on a plane when it's deadline so I'm gonna *hiccup* go ahead and claim.

I'm the other *hiccup* Doctor. I visited Birdstrike, azuth, and Tendai. Tendai claiming my *hiccup* flavor of leeches (I think it was him?) was stupid *hiccup* because it lost me the way to confirm myself.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mayor Glowku posted:

The "other" doctor? I guess it could make sense with the flavor of the game but I'm still not convinced on this claim

Tendai , a claimed doctor, claimed to be poisoned. Tendai is still alive.

Conclusions:
1. There are multiple doctors
or
2. Tendai lied about being poisoned

If you want to go down rabbit hole 2, feel free, but that's something you should have been skeptical about at the start of the day, not now.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Willing to *hiccup* move my vote to glowku to prevent no lunch but *hiccup* feel better about TDP

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

bunnyofdoom posted:

Based off who I trust, and who I distrust, and their voting, I'm gonna have to go
##vote chaoslord

Also, I think we might have deadlock now....

You're an idiot or scum. Have you not read anything?

Why is Tendai still alive if I am not a doctor?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mayor Glowku posted:

Ps what does poisoning mean? I figured it was some sort of "poison this night die the next night" or something like that

Yeah, that's it. So Tendai, poisoned N2, should have died N3. He didn't. Someone had to save him. Or he was never poisoned and him and bunny are running a scum gambit, which I am starting to consider after that vote

Please everyone read TDP.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

bunnyofdoom posted:

Seriously, if you doc claimed before that post, please quote. I do apologize in that case.

Also, remember Rurea claimed poison N1, and didn't claimed to be healed til n3.

Rurea has said multiple times it was never an explicit you are poisoned message, haven't they? Everyone else who was poisoned that we know of claimed to have gotten and explicit message.

chaoslord posted:

Not a *hiccup* lot of time and I'm gonna be *hiccup* getting on a plane when it's deadline so I'm gonna *hiccup* go ahead and claim.

I'm the other *hiccup* Doctor. I visited Birdstrike, azuth, and Tendai. Tendai claiming my *hiccup* flavor of leeches (I think it was him?) was stupid *hiccup* because it lost me the way to confirm myself.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mafia edit some *hiccups* in those recent posts, I just *hiccup* got real mad that an *hiccup* uncounted claimed Doctor got put at *hiccup* -1 in potentially MYLO

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

*hiccup* I should learn *hiccup* to hit preview

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

bunnyofdoom posted:

s'ok. Yes, I got cured of poison by Tendai, which was vomit. Tendai got healed by your leeches, so I think there are two drs, and probably 3 scum. We killed one, but I am unsure who they are. Again, I don't think glowku, but I am suspicious of Rurea, as a scum trying to claim to be poisoned to flush out Drs.

Problem with a 3 man scum team is *hiccup* Kashuno died D1. There was a NK. Azuth, a flipped town *hiccup*, also claimed poison and was the first to do it. While he lied *hiccup* about the tracker claim to try to save his skin, I don't think he would have *hiccup* claimed poison if he really wasn't. For you to have *hiccup* been poisoned D1, the scum team had to start at 4.

Unless I am *hiccup* misreading what you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tendai posted:

oh goddammit forgot that

Can I edit my post to embolden things or is that still a no

Repost, vote bot isn't always good at picking up edits.

Heading to the airport now, see everyone back in God's time zone, central.

• Locked thread