Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Ach..ugh..uhhhhhhh

te..llllll...my mom...it was...not...hurr..falll.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I feel like gibbis is like the Borg, at least from what I've seen of it.

Resistance is futile.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
why

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Huniepop might just be worth the dime.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Azuth0667 posted:

What's pointless?

Every anime game in the history of ever.

Except Valkyria Chronicles. That one was pretty good.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

gannyGrabber posted:

Yeah the first one is really good and I like it, but then they poo poo the bed and sent the sequels to PSP, those fuckers

I think the Yakuza who run Sony put knives to the developers' throats and demanded a reason to make people buy their lovely, lovely handheld.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
*wheezes*

The hell did glowku even do wrong?

Oh, right. The avatar.

##vote glowku

Maybe if I get to sleep soon I can install anti-poison trimming on my doors and windows.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wait.

It might be a clever ruse to give mafia seizures?

##unvote

I'll have to think about this.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I also suddenly remembered that the Shin Megami Tensei series is anime.

It's pretty good, I guess.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Has the poison gotten to your brain already? It seems pervasive.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Is he unresponsive to your townly needs? Has he ignored the demands of his citizenry?

*hacks*

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kashuno posted:

I have the most posts in this bread and I don't remember a thing about this game. I'm terrible at d1.

##vote birb sorry I can't do this gibberish all game I hope you understand

9 votes to lunch.

Lettuce consider this.

It's difficult to think that anybody could be bacon a case on D1. Not really.

Mayo votes be informed, if not fully conceived.

I can't think up a pun for tomato, except,

My grandma vas a voluptuous lady. The butter mom endowed her with led to marrying my granddad, as well as my many childhood culinary adventures.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Machine posted:

My grandma vas a voluptuous lady. The butter mom endowed her with led to marrying my granddad, as well as my many childhood culinary adventures.

The more I'm thinking about this, the more I'm feeling this in the feels so, here:

Once upon a time over spring break, my cousins and I were staying with my grandparents.

The truth is, my grandma was in fact an amazing cook. She did, in fact, teach me secrets for BLTs.

On one such day, my cousins were noshing and complaining about how their other grandma sloshed butter all over the bread. Californian kids, you know? It was double-plus gross to them.

Laura: "God, why does she do that?!"

Grandma: "Well, I'll tell you."

Because a very thin layer of butter on the sandwich-side of the bread prevents it soaking up moisture and getting soggy. I don't know how you layer your BLT, but the T could present problems, as could any water-heavy ingredient in any given sammie.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

sammies are yum

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Birdstrike posted:

I skimmed enougj to see about blts

I work nect door to place wihch does the best blts

wouldn't vote today

grams notwithstanding my old restaurant did the BEST blts

new england style, maple-cured bacon. i think we also used a bit of guac

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Machine posted:

grams notwithstanding my old restaurant did the BEST blts

new england style, maple-cured bacon. i think we also used a bit of guac

I mean, I'd already lived in the SW for some time so I didn't want to argue chef about it. It was labeled 'aja verde' and the big difference i could discern was that it included chopped egg.

Like, what the gently caress?

It was yum, though.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Birdstrike posted:

my place uses turkush bread

what is that

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Birdstrike posted:

I skimmed enougj to see about blts

I work nect door to place wihch does the best blts

another shop i worked at, the sammie person for the day had free license to use the fridge to make a special.

one day there was one with sundried tomatoes and chevre on sourdough with something else i don't even remember what, but it was magically delicious due to those three.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
so, like, fat midget baguette seeds on top

i joke. it looks good.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
dammit, i can't find this online, but the thread seems to be on a non-american schedule so maybe somebody knows.

when i was in amsterdam, my host took me to a suburban mall complex that had stuff and also a grocery. for two euro on his recommend, i got a sammie that apparently translates to 'ground up american.' it was nondescript meat paste slathered onto a very nicely baked sandwich bun. it was also super delicious.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
what the

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'd vote for clinton, but I promised many friends as well as myself that i'd never vote for clinton.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Birdstrike posted:

nobody comes afyer me

if you won't read a long-winded post about a loving sandwich, how can we expect you to read a case?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
hmm.

no lynch bad.

going to bed. busy tomorrow. tgif

##vote glowku

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hey, sorry, I should have noted this as I did in my other game, but I've been/am busy with family this weekend, so I don't have too too much time to post/analyze until tomorrow.

Tendai posted:

Going over my semi-legible notes about my observations, a few things of interest:

Propaganda Machine: Nothing. Literally no notes on this guy of anything I found interesting, which either means I missed something or he's really staying low.

Yeah, I admittedly tend to do that on D1 since it's such a crapshoot. I'd rather save actual posting for having stuff to go on.

My most immediate thought is wanting to scrutinize the poison claims. I think it was mentioned earlier (this is a long thread), but a fakeclaim there would/could lure a doctor over. When/if that happens and they don't die, it's impossible to tell whether or not they were full of it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Reading over his posts, I'm just not seeing the case for Tendai. What feels off, AA?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh, and those poison claims.

Azuth claimed definite poison from coffee, bunny claimed definite poison from cigarette, and rurea claimed possible poison from tea.

There's reason to suspect any given claimed poison, but since it's roughly equal to expecting a townie to want to avoid death it's ultimately a null read for the two who are fully claiming it. So, of those three, I like rurea's the least. Getting the tea messed with after somebody claimed coffee feels like fake flavor piggybacking, and being so tentative about it... if you're not sure, why would you bring it up in such a half-assed way? I don't see anything good coming from that.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Luminous Cow posted:

People I am ok with lynching today: flerp, tendai, Clinton, Azuth, anomalous. In that order. Also thank God for the extra time, I am actually busy with family today. I'll check in on the phone as much as possible.

I asked after tendai. What are you seeing there?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Azuth0667 posted:

Lurker modkills aren't a threat until a mod actually goes through with it is why.

Wasn't moat a modkill? It was a weird exchange but that's what I gathered.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Azuth0667 posted:

Yeah it was however literally every game I've been in, :kiddo: all four :kiddo: , claim to modkill lurkers but, never do. Hence that threat carries no weight unless it actually happens with frequency. We wouldn't have people kvetching about lurkers if it did happen with frequency.

I think Allen modkilled in NYC '77. It's been over a year since I played regularly but I've definitely seen mods follow through with it.

Azuth0667 posted:

I was mistaken moat was not a modkill see:

Hmm, okay. I got confused by all of moat's ghostposting.

I agree with the point that Azuth's plentiful posting doesn't equate to content. Heck, Tendai called me out for precisely that, and she was right to do so.

Also...

Azuth0667 posted:

Oh look here you state that Kashuno was trying to bandwagon ganny but, wait according to you just now he was trying to bandwagon you. Caught in a lie :smugbert:?

Azuth0667 posted:

And you continue to ignore the fact that lurkers don't post so they can't possibly post anything of quality anyway. All of my posts are full of content and quality :c00lbutt:. Yours however could use some help :eng101:.

I don't like how glib he's being here. Clever little gotchas don't make for compelling cases.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

flerp posted:

honestly, not sure. azuth's not rly flipping any of my scum warning signs because hes acting rly dumb but also he is rly dumb so thats not unusual. rurea is just always perpetually annoyed by how gbs people play so thats not unusual either. tendai's the only one that feels like is acting more unusual esp because it felt like she was trying to figure out what roles town had and my flavor info, also a little wary of don (besides that initial post i made which was very wish-washy and not definitive, just something i wanted to point out) because he comes in a bit late and then joins in on the bandwagon on me, but he couldve been busy so thats not super hard either. but no super hard reads on anyone else, unfortunately. also have my eyes on glowku who joined in on the bandwagon early and anomalous for the same reason, but those arent super hard against them, just a little bit hmmmmmmm.

This reads a lot like throwing poo poo at the wall and waiting to see what sticks.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh, wait.

flerp posted:

so i think the strongest one that i have feelings for is tendai

Yeah I'm still not seeing it. Sure, she's flavor/role speculating in her scumhunting, and it's not a great argument but it feels genuine.

Is this just because she called you out in that one post?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This is all over the place, and I'm having trouble making heads or tails of it. We also have deadline coming up. So, among the people with votes:

AA is reading very, very town to me. I don't know if his points are all correct, but he's doing some good scumhunting. I do like his key points on Azuth, namely that he's basing all of his suspicions on the votes thrown at Ganny and is also being incredibly flippant. I'm not voting for AA today.

I want to vote Azuth, but I also kind of don't just so we can see how his poison claim holds up. If he dies, well, he's dead and it saves us from having wasted a lynch. If he lives, I think we'll all want to know how that happened. Of course, I'd want any doctors to stay in the woodwork, so the burden of proof would be on him. I'd be willing to vote for him.

As I've said, I'm not...quite...feeling the case on Tendai, but the more she relies on setup spec, the less I'm liking her.

Rurea is a null read until the poison claim comes under scrutiny. I still don't like the wishy-washy flavor PM claim. That said, his arguments against Azuth are sound, but it's trivial to be able to make good arguments against Azuth at this point.

flirp is banned, so lol. Wonder how shadow will handle it? Modkill/death seems reasonable, but he could also just turn around and give Lowtax :10bux: in short enough order to stay in the game. Regardless, keeping votes on him feels like a complete waste for now.

So all that said, flirp and AA are the only votes I'd be completely unwilling to cast today. The others have me torn. Azuth has a firm claim, but he's been posting really poorly. Rurea's claim was garbage and his posting beyond that has been low on content. Tendai is a distant third. Her setup spec is bad, but she's also looking at individuals and doing what she can to that end, so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

##vote flerp for the sake of not losing a lynch

The thing is, a lot of people were getting scummy vibes from him, so the policy lynch here comes down to the question of whether or not we really think he's scum. If he is, we're potentially wasting the lynch on him. If he's not, you're right. I'll take another look through his posts before I hit the sack, and I'll vote for him if I have to if only to avoid the no-lynch.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Birdstrike posted:

"lyncgign scum would be a wadte of a vote" :psyboom:

It's presuming he gets modkilled tomorrow.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Like, if we get a free scumkill tomorrow, it gives us room to look at other people.

That said, I'd rather vote him than get a no-lynch today.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Annnnd I reread flirp, and he's striking me as more town than scum. It's difficult to suss out, because he admits his case on TDP is weak very shortly after he makes it. He posts a lot of one-liners with a typing style that hurts my brain, but his reasoning is generally sound. Then we get his paragraph about the people he feels like commenting on, and it's virtually all weird meta, which I don't like (and I said that). He follows it up with not having strong reads on anybody in particular, which strikes me as...slightly bad? But his final thought is against Tendai, which I've been raising an eyebrow at all day, but it's reasonable enough.

This is just a really weird spot. He got his first three votes because people thought he looked scummy, and he'd be getting the last four votes because we think he's town, since if he gets modkilled and we mislynch today, we're losing two town for the price of one.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Arrrrrgh I really need to go to bed.

I hate no-lynches, and I've given you what I have to say about flirp. If I vote here it puts him at -2. Like I said, this is a very strange circumstance. I've never seen a ban in the middle of a game before.

I guess it might count as a lynch on a lurker, but again, the ban makes that weird and he definitely wasn't lurking up to that point.

Anybody around?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Alright. Let's do this thing.

##vote flerp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Azuth0667 posted:

Still need Rurea's input too since even though he is an anti-fun anti-gibbis rear end in a top hat he was poisoned too.

He only claimed it as a possibility, with weak flavor to boot. I would like to hear from him as well.

• Locked thread