Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

I was linked to this live feed of a goon butchering her chickens.

:nws: Chicken Butchering :nws:

Now, I do eat meat. I even hunt. But the animals I hunt have good, natural lives. Its very different than raising animals, having them trust you, and then ending their innocent lives. Its like killing your own dog. I feel that butchering animals in your own yard is bizarre. This person raised these chickens from little chicklets. They even had names! And now she's gutting them and chopping them up and feeding the leftovers to her pigs. She even said she wasn't going to bother with the wings and back. She's throwing perfectly good meat away.

I'm disgusted.

I also have it on good authority that this person IS A VEGETARIAN. What the actual gently caress. Why is a vegetarian killing and butchering animals?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

checken good

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

These chickens were friends not food!!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The forest animals you hunt are probably full of gross parasites and diseases.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Kill chicken like kill dog what the hactual fudge.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

o _ O

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Chickens are pretty stupid animals

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

chickens are gross stupid animals and deserve death

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Blue Train posted:

seconded

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

let me know when she gets to porky and petunia

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The chickens I slaughtered led lives which were free of want. They ate extremely well, were given a large amount of protected space to stroll around and do their chicken thing. I don't feel bad for them.

Poultry chickens have to be slaughtered. They are bred to grow to an enormous size, and if you do not kill them when the time is right their little chicken legs will break under the weight of their huge, meaty, delicious bodies.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I agree they shouldn't have killed the chickens before cooking and eating them.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Blue Train posted:

No animal deserves death :( They are all innocent souls.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

some animals are simply noobs to be pwned

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

tbqh(2(to) be quite honest) i wish i could raise and eat my own chickens but the bitches in power where i live wont allow it

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

chickens are so stupid they can't tell if they're dead or alive

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Rabbits like eating dandelions

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

adventure in the sandbox posted:

No animal deserves death :( They are all innocent souls.

guess what it happens to every single one

especially the ones you hunt in the woods

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
"Max number of viewers reached for a trial account" :(

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

Chickens are more useful dead (and fried) than alive.

I'd never want to kill a mammal (though I would if I really needed to eat or defend myself), but game birds, fish, insects, crustaceans, etc.. these are all living meat factories.

Now, that guy that raises rabbits and puts their little rabbit heads in that metal thing and then yanks down, instantly breaking their necks, one after another, jesus...

Un-l337-Pork fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 23, 2016

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

never trust an elf posted:

guess what it happens to every single one

especially the ones you hunt in the woods

Ok fine no animal deserves to be killed.

I wrestle with that whenever I go hunting. But at least my kills are living natural lives, and no person is betraying their trust.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
What kind of chickens do people raise to eat.

Like the mass produced KFC and the like chickens are "cornish x" or "broiler" chickens that grow so fast they can't stand because their muscles grow faster than their skeletons, and by the time they're butchered they are just sitting and not moving like a super obese fat person.

I know they're all kinds of "ornamental" breeds that have pretty feathers and colors and you don't really want to kill and eat those, right?

So what kind do you raise for killing and eating?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i have a batch of cornish hen chicks waiting to be slaughtered in a couple weeks OP :getin:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
These animals had lives which were almost entirely free of stress. They were basically in chicken paradise up until the moment I calmly and quickly murdered them with a cleaver for their delicious flesh. Can you say the same for whatever animals you find in the woods?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
We got ISA brown egg birds and we make em into chicken stock when they get too old and am sell to resteraunts

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Maldoror posted:

Like the mass produced KFC and the like chickens are "cornish x" or "broiler" chickens that grow so fast they can't stand because their muscles grow faster than their skeletons, and by the time they're butchered they are just sitting and not moving like a super obese fat person.

I know they're all kinds of "ornamental" breeds that have pretty feathers and colors and you don't really want to kill and eat those, right?

I think its a travesty that we have created breeds of animals that become immobile because of their physiology. That is wrong. Anyone who raises cornish or broiler chickens should be ashamed of themselves.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Dr Cheeto posted:

These animals had lives which were almost entirely free of stress. They were basically in chicken paradise up until the moment I calmly and quickly murdered them with a cleaver for their delicious flesh. Can you say the same for whatever animals you find in the woods?

I have nothing to say to you.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Maldoror posted:

cornish cross sometimes, I also have other roosters.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Isa browns and probably broiler chickens have a secret gebetic makeup and its like the recipe for coke or rhe kfc spices.

Like theres no such thing really as an ISA brown rooster. Theyre a hybrid of a secret combination of birds.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Killing chickens owns.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Killing chickens is pretty joyless work, but eating chickens owns.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I had a chicken that was half dead and i was tryijg to kill it but i just kept flappin away and im trying ti break the poor things neck and it just wouldnt give up

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Isaac posted:

I had a chicken that was half dead and i was tryijg to kill it but i just kept flappin away and im trying ti break the poor things neck and it just wouldnt give up

you are what is wrong with humanity

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

you are what is wrong with humanity

I think its guts were hanging out and ither chickens were starting to eat its insides. I wanted to kill it because it was in a pretty hopeless state

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Killing chickens owns.

Hell yeah dude lol

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

Isaac posted:

I think its guts were hanging out and ither chickens were starting to eat its insides. I wanted to kill it because it was in a pretty hopeless state

Why did nt you shot its head with a gun

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I think its a travesty that we have created breeds of animals that become immobile because of their physiology. That is wrong. Anyone who raises cornish or broiler chickens should be ashamed of themselves.

we must kill all the chickens

chicken genocide

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

DICKLORD BONE posted:

Why did nt you shot its head with a gun

Despite the image i might present in gbs. Most of the time im not carrying a rifle

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Marilyn Manson - lovely Chicken Gang Bang.mp3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I was linked to this live feed of a goon butchering her chickens.

:nws: Chicken Butchering :nws:

Now, I do eat meat. I even hunt. But the animals I hunt have good, natural lives. Its very different than raising animals, having them trust you, and then ending their innocent lives. Its like killing your own dog. I feel that butchering animals in your own yard is bizarre. This person raised these chickens from little chicklets. They even had names! And now she's gutting them and chopping them up and feeding the leftovers to her pigs. She even said she wasn't going to bother with the wings and back. She's throwing perfectly good meat away.

I'm disgusted.

I also have it on good authority that this person IS A VEGETARIAN. What the actual gently caress. Why is a vegetarian killing and butchering animals?!

How do you think farming works?

• Locked thread