Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Not saying that just to you. 3O is universally reviled and it makes no sense. At worst his posts are... normal? Bland?

Maybe he makes his terrible posts on another subforum or something, but if that's the case go call him a shithead there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he's got a real bad attitude and i want to see him slain by dogs

if you think his posts are normal then i would ask that you begin slathering yourself in pedigree chum

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DeepQantas posted:

Not saying that just to you. 3O is universally reviled and it makes no sense. At worst his posts are... normal? Bland?

Maybe he makes his terrible posts on another subforum or something, but if that's the case go call him a shithead there

He has said some really awful things and held some really terrible opinions, but it's mostly subsumed under the sheer volume of his, yes, mostly bland posts. I'm not calling him a shithead, again, I haven't made these posts to insult or call him out. I just think that it's suprising that he hasn't blown away like scum off a polluted pond. Stay largely bland and you'll live forever? Is I guess the lesson of Three Olives.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Europe has roving bands of gypsies that will "lift" your wallet, hence the need for the additional security features.

US citizens have strong moral fiber and don't resort to such petty theft, that's why there's no rush to max out our security

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
Pay with cash. Make the NSA and advertising workers earn their money.

cheerfullydrab posted:

He has said some really awful things and held some really terrible opinions, but it's mostly subsumed under the sheer volume of his, yes, mostly bland posts. I'm not calling him a shithead, again, I haven't made these posts to insult or call him out. I just think that it's suprising that he hasn't blown away like scum off a polluted pond. Stay largely bland and you'll live forever? Is I guess the lesson of Three Olives.

You seem to have a hard-on for someone you want gone. He has as much right as anyone to be here unless he breaks a forum rule.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no-one has a right to be here. the hungry dogs bark, and bay, and circle closer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm sorry, I should have never shitted over the thread about [CURRENT NEWS TREND BEEP BOOP]

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
so i guess im the only one that sees the dick and balls in that chip

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I hate that i agree with 3 olives completely on the subject of chip cards. The thing that drives me crazy is that in addition to taking forever, they will say "do not remove your card" and then the message changes and you think youre done but its actually another message saying "still dont remove your card!" but i sometimes jerk my card out as soon as i see the message changing because im already impatient that it has taken 10x as long as a swipe. Then BONK BONK BONK i have to start all over anyway. It's loving perverse.

gently caress chip cards and gently caress YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I think you guys are really weird for getting insanely mad at a, as far as I've seen, very mild poster. Like deatthreats and poo poo within 2 posts. Did he diddle kids or something? Vote republican?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

gary oldmans diary posted:

so i guess im the only one that sees the dick and balls in that chip

you've got weird looking genitals.

The loud noise the chip makes is annoying because it sounds like it failed. Otherwise its okay I guess.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
cards make no noises in my country

once again my country proves to be better than your backwards shithole

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
The noise doesn't come from the machine; it is the spectre of the looming national debt.

Switch to Bitcoins and you will hear the gentle laughter of cherubs with every transaction.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

SurfaceDetail posted:

I think you guys are really weird for getting insanely mad at a, as far as I've seen, very mild poster. Like deatthreats and poo poo within 2 posts. Did he diddle kids or something? Vote republican?

He's rich and an rear end in a top hat about it.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Lareine posted:

He's rich and an rear end in a top hat about it.

seems like a personal problem on y'alls part to me

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

cheerfullydrab posted:

You are hands down the worst poster in this thread so I am not sure what you are going on about.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
do enough people want cash back that it warrants its own serial screen in every transaction, instead of just a different button if you want it in the first place?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Demonachizer posted:

You are hands down the worst poster in this thread so I am not sure what you are going on about.

Ownage brought to you by the Demonachizer

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Demonachizer posted:

rich protecting the rich, what do ya know

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Europe has roving bands of gypsies that will "lift" your wallet, hence the need for the additional security features.

US citizens have strong moral fiber and don't resort to such petty theft, that's why there's no rush to max out our security

This is actually the reason Europe has to have extra security features. It is also the reason why Europeans don't get contract phones.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

tenspott posted:

This is actually the reason Europe has to have extra security features. It is also the reason why Europeans don't get contract phones.

They're also starting to tell women to cover up more when they leave the house and to go in groups. Europeans really are ahead of the curve.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

SurfaceDetail posted:

They're also starting to tell women to cover up more when they leave the house and to go in groups. Europeans really are ahead of the curve.

theyre such an advanced people

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/norway-violated-anders-breivik-rights-court-rules-160421052819389.html

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i agree with the OP.

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Luftvaffel posted:

I remember when I stayed in Spain and they hadn't implemented paying with PIN in all the stores so sometimes I had to swipe the card, show ID and sign on a little electronic screen by the register. It was the most hilariously backwards thing I had seen. That was almost ten years ago.

Also I saw an ad for some US bank that has the super convenient system where you can take a picture of a check to deposit it. I literally haven't seen a check in my life, and I'm over thirty. I've never paid a bill in the bank either, since I got online banking before 9/11.

What I'm trying to say is, step up your game USA. You used to be cool...

I've noticed a lot of cool technology in smaller countries like NZ and various European countries - way ahead of the USA. I always get told it because it's way easier to roll out and test technology for a few million people than it is for a massive country of 350 million. When the USA finally decides to upgrade something it's a HUGE pain in the rear end due to the investment and the sheer number of people/businesses. Also are banks are like pirates and are more concerned about sucking every last fee they can out of us instead of providing services.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

BunnySkull posted:

I've noticed a lot of cool technology in smaller countries like NZ and various European countries - way ahead of the USA. I always get told it because it's way easier to roll out and test technology for a few million people than it is for a massive country of 350 million. When the USA finally decides to upgrade something it's a HUGE pain in the rear end due to the investment and the sheer number of people/businesses. Also are banks are like pirates and are more concerned about sucking every last fee they can out of us instead of providing services.

I haven't paid a dime to the bank in ten years for anything. Try not writing bad checks or overdrafting money you don't have.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

These loving things are terrible, now it takes a lifetime to check out, you never know if you have to put your card into the reader or swipe it because have the chip readers you run into don't work and the machine gets angry at you if you do it the wrong way and why do all the machines make an angry BONK BONK BONK noise at you when the transaction goes through, it sounds like your transaction was declined and also you damaged the machine even when everything is fine.

okay, grandpa

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I like to think that 3 Olives is in that book High-Rise and will get drowned in the pool at the top of his condo.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Fun fact about those veriphone machines that make you do a signature: Most of them arent set up to send your sig anywhere, its all for show.

I always draw a smilie face :)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my signature is a cock and balls really crudely drawn in a way that only i can pen

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

fyodor posted:

I like to think that 3 Olives is in that book High-Rise and will get drowned in the pool at the top of his condo.
The pool is 8 floors down from his condo. He can still hear the insolent children make noise in the water from all the way down there.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

The pool is 8 floors down from his condo. He can still hear the insolent children make noise in the water from all the way down there.

A child's laughter can be extremely grating.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

annoying kids, absent parents, a pool? the answer to this problem seems p obvious to me

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Blue Train posted:

annoying kids, absent parents, a pool? the answer to this problem seems p obvious to me

Throw yourself off the building into the pool to show off to the kids how cool you are?

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Three-Phase posted:

Those things are crap. The readers at Target take forever.

Plus I feel like I'm the only person around where I live who uses ApplePay. I grab an OJ and hash browns at McDonalds and use that and they look at me like it's some kind of dark magic.

mcdonalds and target - way to identify yourself as a poor

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

he's got a real bad attitude and i want to see him slain by dogs

if you think his posts are normal then i would ask that you begin slathering yourself in pedigree chum

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

wow these stupid horseless carriages will never catch on

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

SurfaceDetail posted:

I haven't paid a dime to the bank in ten years for anything. Try not writing bad checks or overdrafting money you don't have.

oh la de da look at mr 130+ IQ, next you'll be telling me not to eat floor pizza or piss in the sink

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Celluloid Sam posted:

Oh I just noticed this was a three olives thread die bitch

Agreed on all points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't trust the tap to pay things and take extra time to put in my chip and PIN because I'm 80 or something apparently

• Locked thread