Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

SurfaceDetail posted:

A child's laughter can be extremely grating.

I used to be a kindergarten teacher and I can attest that this is the one Universal Truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPghZ5cc_E

new video from inside 3O's building

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe TO does this gimmick to get a rise out of poor nerds? :shrug:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm not a poor nerd! i'm a rich hunk! i am!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Darth123123 posted:

Maybe TO does this gimmick to get a rise out of poor nerds? :shrug:

Yes he is addicted to negative attention

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Children are unbearable. Honestly I don't even understand why people kidnap them. You'd think it would be all reverse kidnappings, pushing them out the back of a van in front of someone's porch and gunning it

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
You're allowed to just leave them in the dumpster at the hospital or firehouse now, no questions asked.

Edit: wish taco bell still had those fire pits outside like they used to. We could just chuck all the kids in the pit.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

cool i already made that joke

AmyTheeStallion
Sep 11, 2011
It doesn't matter what kind of card I have; the process will still piss me off since the person behind me typically has no sense of personal space. I'm unsure if they're aggressively trying to eyeball my activity at the card reader or figure out what cup size I am, but overall I wish I could kill them.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
My ebt card doesn't use a chip :smug:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Tezzor posted:

i agree with the OP.

A new challenger appears

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I have an older chipped visa card that I normally use for everything (communist shithole inhabitant here so it takes 3 seconds tops, so no problem) and a newer Paywave card, which I decided to try out to buy groceries. It was far less magical than expected, first of all I had to give the cashier my discount card so she can swipe it and than she noticed that the crdit card is Paywave so she tapped it on the terminal but than I still had to enter PIN :eng99:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Pure Trance posted:

It doesn't matter what kind of card I have; the process will still piss me off since the person behind me typically has no sense of personal space. I'm unsure if they're aggressively trying to eyeball my activity at the card reader or figure out what cup size I am, but overall I wish I could kill them.

You should just announce your bra size to the other shoppers to get it out of the way.

edit: unless it's a shameful bra size and you've been using boob-altering undergarments.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Contactless NFC stuff is hilarious at the store I work at because everyone expects the bonus security features to work but then it just goes through like a normal credit card anyway. Jokes on you dipshit. Also when they run debit cards they still have to enter their PIN which makes some people extremely upset

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

fyodor posted:

cool i already made that joke

must have been a really great joke for two idiots to have both thought of it independently

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

how fat and/or stupid do you have to be to fail at using a chip and pin terminal?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I read High-Rise last year and it creeped me out more than anything else I read, saw, heard, ate, or otherwise experienced in 2015. I do hope Three Olives gets the satisfaction of living in that building. Also, I hope the movie is good, I've heard some nice things.

Seriously, that book made my skin crawl.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Debit cards still use a pin even with a chip, credit cards can't have a PIN for chip transactions.

lol you have no loving idea what you're talking about

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

bradzilla posted:

lol you have no loving idea what you're talking about

Hes right. In God's Country at least.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

SurfaceDetail posted:

Hes right. In God's Country at least.

Yorkshire?

I went there recently and even they are capable of using chip & pin like all non-retarded people

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
its only in the USA where they don't do that for whatever reason

closer to a third world country than mexico in some respects

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yorkshire?

I went there recently and even they are capable of using chip & pin like all non-retarded people

Debit cards have a PIN. Credit cards don't in the US.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you can technically set up a PIN on most US credit cards if you want but it's only for cash withdrawal transactions (and maybe a few other uncommon things)nwhich is a really bad idea anyway to do with your credit card

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

thathonkey posted:

must have been a really great joke for two idiots to have both thought of it independently

The story of SomethingAwful.com

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

SurfaceDetail posted:

Debit cards have a PIN. Credit cards don't in the US.

My Target Visa is chip-and-PIN here in 'MURICA, but I figured that was because after their infamous massive data breach, they weren't taking any chances.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Taargus Taargus

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wouldn't 3-O be worshipping chip cards if they were really the devil?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like an important lesson on what happens when you let the poor live in luxury high-rises.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pure Trance posted:

You just need to have something that asserts your personal space and keeps people from getting too close to you. Ideally an old hobo jacket you've peed on to mark your territory. If you have a job or something that makes stinking of urine impractical for day to day use, maybe one of these:

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Three Olives posted:

Confirm the amount and cash back are typical, many places ask if you want to donate to some random charity or want to use points or enter a loyalty card or in nightmare situations all of the above.
Where I live the machines have no menus, they don't make noises, they just ask for your pin. Also they let you swipe your loyalty card before as an optional step but they don't bug you about it and no buttons or menus are involved. I'm sorry for your bad card reader machine things.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Oh cool, a thread with both tezzor and three olives posting

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i thought the problem w/ the chip + pin/sig was that they were tryin to shift liability for fraud onto the user instead of the vendor

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i thought the problem w/ the chip + pin/sig was that they were tryin to shift liability for fraud onto the user instead of the vendor

Pretty sure it's to shift liability away from the credit card company and onto the vendor.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

criscodisco posted:

Pretty sure it's to shift liability away from the credit card company and onto the vendor.

Depends on the issuer and the merchant: if the merchant doesn't have the new terminals, it's on the merchant; if the issuer hasn't sent out new cards, it's on the issuer. If both of them are up to date, they will blame you for giving away your PIN or something like that.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Just a quick reminder I hate you Tree Olives

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Terminal Entropy posted:

Depends on the issuer and the merchant: if the merchant doesn't have the new terminals, it's on the merchant; if the issuer hasn't sent out new cards, it's on the issuer. If both of them are up to date, they will blame you for giving away your PIN or something like that.

yeah so once cards and terminals are out everywhere it seems like it'd be de rigueur to put cardholders on the hook for any fraud

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah so once cards and terminals are out everywhere it seems like it'd be de rigueur to put cardholders on the hook for any fraud

by law cardholders can only be on the hook for $50 so it's not worth it to go after them. one of those rare good laws that got passed for some reason like HIPAA

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

if anyone said chip is a stylized goatman yet im sorry im not reading all that poo poo

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Haha, welcome to the 21st century, 'Murrica!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

basement jihadist posted:

if anyone said chip is a stylized goatman yet im sorry im not reading all that poo poo

i thought i was the only one

• Locked thread