Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Concerned Citizen posted:

But the lack of consistency is really what kills me. Sometimes I swipe and it says insert, sometimes I insert and it tells me to swipe, and then insert. It makes no loving sense.

That is the price of freedom, citizen. Freedom means every dumb little bank can make their own rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pure Trance posted:

It doesn't matter what kind of card I have; the process will still piss me off since the person behind me typically has no sense of personal space. I'm unsure if they're aggressively trying to eyeball my activity at the card reader or figure out what cup size I am, but overall I wish I could kill them.

You just need to have something that asserts your personal space and keeps people from getting too close to you. Ideally an old hobo jacket you've peed on to mark your territory. If you have a job or something that makes stinking of urine impractical for day to day use, maybe one of these:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

New Sharif in Town posted:

I got a haircut last week.
The machine demands I insert my card.
Nothing happens.
They say it doesn't work yet, but everyone must follow its demands for insertion.
So then I have to swipe and pin anyway.

That machine raped you.

• Locked thread